test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grappling power for melee.

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
I suggest for Grappling power such like Judo, Kung-Fu, Sunbo and wrestling or etc...
I also want joint locking as hold power on melee.

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Hahaha, and with what Engine are they going to archieve that? :smiley:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Maybe they assimilate WWE2k25 engine to Cryptic engine.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    The Wrestler archetype?

This looks tough. I seen this discussion somewhere and I think it was reddit, I cannot remember, but someone made a suggestion for dummy thugs that are used in place of mobs. So you can powerbomb your dummy mob which causes damage AOE damage. Or swing them.

I think they were saying, you do not grab the actual mobs, but your character uses dummy mobs for their animations. So basically the powerbomb power would use a random purple gang guy which appears in the grappler's animation. lol, so I guess a charge up would have the poor guy in the air like taker's last ride powerbomb
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Don't think this will be helpful on team-based content. Plus CO doesn't have an animator/s to do all the animation.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    avianos said:

Hahaha, and with what Engine are they going to archieve that? :smiley:​​

This mostly.

The game is not built to do that sort of thing.

I mean, what the heck kind of interaction would you powerbombing my character allow in terms of me punching you or hitting you with some ranged attack?

How do they animate my actions while you are doing yours?

It's beyond what the game is built to do and even if they could it would require a whole lot of animation work that is beyond the current team's ability to deliver.

You want a fighting game, play a fighting game.

That isn't meant to be dismissive, it's just reality. This is not something that this game was ever intended to be.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    The ONE THING I could see working is this. You know how you can lift objects over your head and throw them? And how you can hit people with them? With some fancy shenanigens those could potentially be used as powers useable on enemies. It would likely involve something like swapping the actual NPC out for an object that looks like them briefly and then swapping them back in once the attack has been resolved. Even then it might be the worst thing ever.
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    I could see lariats, clotheslines, tackles, and dropkicks since these are generally modified lunges with knocks, but actual grabbing would be too complex for the limits of the engine. A melee hold could be possible, one that roots the user, but lifting and throwing another toon is just not within the means of the current build.