test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Muni PA?

vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
I'm giving my old cosmic hunter soldier AT a retrofit. But, seeing that he's basically a robot, and a FF now, it seems like I could have some fun and throw some PA into the mix. But, I'm not too familiar with PA, so if anyone has any ideas on how to get some synergy out of these sets, feel free to enlighten me.

Targetting computer seems like a no-brainer for the passive. I'd rather steer clear of dual pistol powers and stick with more soldieratious arms (cuz theme). I can see some synergy... like gatling gun to apply armor piercing followed by a salvo of wrist rockets and minigun. But, I dunno if that is actually going to be a dps increase over just spamming toggles.

Any advice is welcome.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Muni and PA are already pretty self-sufficient for dps powersets. Maybe the better approach is to consider what attacks you like the most from each, and we could see if they could be mixed somehow.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    My initial idea was to build around Assault Rifle for single-target. And throw in energy shield and Fire All Weapons for some high-tech robo theme. I wanted to avoid taking burst shot... but it was hard to resist for the quick application of AP and Furious. I could use Gatling gun for AP, but is there a way to apply furious at 100' that I'm missing?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Main problem with FAW is that you don't have debuff synergy (it does particle damage) so showdown will tend to be better.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I suppose I could switch assault rifle for pulse beam rifle, and use chest beam for burn through.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    No, I don't think there's a way to apply Furious at 100ft- just to refresh it w/ Gatling.

One way I mixed PA and Muni to decent effect was to use Avenger spec, w/ Muni maintains for RA and PA blasts for Avenger Mastery. Like, AR -> Tac Missiles for single target and Gatling -> Rocket Punch for AoE. An example of such a build:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.3.1-25

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Gunslinger (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Ego: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Tactical Missiles (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Gatling Gun (Rank 2, Listen to Reason)
    Level 17: Killer Instinct
    Level 20: Assault Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Mini Mines (Stim Pack)
    Level 29: Rocket Punch (Rank 2, Grasping Hand)
    Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Lock N Load
    Level 38: Rebirth
    Adv. Points: 30/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Avenger Mastery (1/1)

Since KI now is a buff that lasts for a while, you dun have to worry as much about PA not procing it here.

-

If you wanted to use PA toggles instead, then the best way (imo) to reduce the impact of PA lockouts is to strictly separate the scenarios you'd use PA toggles vs. everything else (like boss dps vs. AoE). Despite the dmg penalty, BCR would prob be a good heal since it doesn't require as much activation or energy, and wouldn't lockout Muni like Recon Circuits, and ya can still throw it in between toggle re-activation and have it run in the BG.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!