test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

For the next Bloodmoon, I'd like to see these things.

bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
edited September 2017 in Suggestions Box
Most of my posts tend to focus a lot on content additions, but for now it'll just be features and device rewards, since that seems to be the MO right now.

TP Unlocks
  • Ghostly Phase - Teleport variant that causes you to turn translucent and ghostly. Would be the first teleport variant that leaves your character model visible to some degree.
  • Void Teleport - Teleport variant that creates an inky burst when entering and exiting teleport state. Identical effects to the Void Shift lunge.
  • Bone Tunneling - You collapse into a wriggling pile of bones.
  • Magic Cloak - Another Teleport variant, where you wrap a cloak around yourself and disappear.
  • Cape Wings - Flight Variant - if you're wearing a cape in the back slot, it transforms into a pair of vampire wings.
Power Unlocks
  • Shank - Single Blade unlock; Execution Shot reskin. Deals extreme slashing damage that is further boosted when the enemy target is below 33% HP. Has an extensive recharge and high energy cost. Utilizes a single-handed stabbing animation.
  • Alchemy - Gadgeteering unlock; Charged attack that will lob an exploding vial at a target, which heals allies and damages enemies with Toxic type. Charge animation uses the Science crafting animation, and the throw uses the ice grenade toss animation (underhanded). Advantage can cause trauma to enemies.
  • Poltergeist - Supernatural unlock; Variant of Telekinesis ability, which uproots and grabs objects to cause them to orbit around you, providing a damage shield. Using a charged PBAoE of any type causes the shield to explode for crushing damage.
  • Necromancy - Sorcery unlock; AoE that revives nearby defeated enemies (up to 5) as skeletons wielding swords and shields. Skeletons have a long duration and deal sizable slashing damage, but have low HP. Has an extended recharge.
  • Reactivation - Electricity unlock; Self-revive that provides bonus energy upon usage. The user is struck by lightning, and then uses the Trey Kings/Horror spawn-in animation where the character rises from prone position and hovers to their feet, all while wreathed in electrical sparks.
  • Crossbow - Archery Unlock; fires a single-shot bolt at an enemy for high piercing damage. The ability is a click with an extended recharge period (due to reloading times). Refreshes debuffs.
Weapon Unlocks
  • Slasher Machette (MA Blade and Heavy Weapon)
  • Frankengun (Minigun - looks like a bunch of lab equipment put together)
  • Cursed Sword (MA Blade/HW - big mutated flesh/metal abomination sword, Think something like Soul Edge)
  • Eldritch Hands (Fighting Claws - Appears as a giant mass of tentacles.)
  • Grand Cross (Sorcery Symbol - Typical cross for your priests or whatever)
  • Floating 3-dimensional screaming skull (Sorcery Symbol - Similar/identical model as used for skull flight so that you can fire soul beams out of a giant skull.)
Costume Unlocks
  • Skull Mask - Front and upper jaw of a skull overlaid on a human face.
  • Neck Bolts
  • Glasgow Smile face detail
  • Wailing Ghost Face (i.e. Scream)
  • Mad Eye - Bulging eye option for human heads, can be done asymmetrically.
  • Witch's Nose - Big and asymmetrical
  • Malnourished/Mummified Body - Similar to what Necrull uses, worn down waist.
  • Tattered Ghost Skirt
  • Raw muscle face, hands, and feet
  • Vampire Fangs
  • Bat Shoulder Pet
Action Figures
  • Black Cat
  • Possessed Chair/Table - Floating piece of furniture. Would love if it had a collision box similar to the dev AFs (then you can sit on your floating dining chair).
  • Evil Floating Skull
  • Voodoo Doll
Items/Vehicles
  • Ghost Chariot
  • Witch Broom Bike(? Preferably just a broom.)
  • Mecha-Bat hoverboard
  • Monster Mash Device - Causes supernatural monsters (ghosts, mummies, vampires, frankenstein monsters, etc) to spawn around you in intervals.
Other
  • Ghost Stance - Floating
  • Zombie Stance
  • Evil Grin Mood
How to block a user with μblock:
forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))
Post edited by bluhman on

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    There is also that one power we have (I'll have to look it up)

But you stand with your arms over reaching like Dracula holding his cape, that could make for a good Vampire emote.

We could have more Cross insignia weapons and designs. There is also I believe the Become Vampire head that is not accessible to us.

+ Mouth accessory- Fangs

+ Bat shoulder pet

+ Ghost Chariot

+ Nightmare horse head (with flame aura)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Hmmm would cape wings use the color palette of your actual cape? It sounds like it's supposed to be wings made of cloth.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Raw Muscle - Full, partial, paint, feet & hands.

Since it's Halloween...that set is creepy enough and could use a skinned face bits to complete the set
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    We really, really, really need a teleport power that uses the Void Shift visuals for disappearance/reappearance, and something like Blood Moon is the perfect time to introduce such a thing.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    I think this would be a nice opportunity to have a Crossbow weapon skin, considering it a famed weapon for werewolf killing.
  • Options
    pfffft...you young'ns and your fancy newfangled crossbows; in my day, we used silver swords and we LIKED IT!

NOW GIT OFF MY LAWN!​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Crossbows are hella old. At least 5th century. Vampires are more 18th / 19th century. You could maybe just barely make a case for werewolves predating crossbows but only due to lack of archaeological evidence. Best bet for silver being a "possible" weapon would be Bronze Age. Silver weapons and Crossbows would most likely both have the same availability during the time of werewolves and certainly vampires.

Oh yeah, I support OP and stuff.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    the term "Vampire" may have been popularized in the 19th ceneury, but the myths go back centuries some dating back to ancient greece and mesopotamia.

we need an undead/zombie stance
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sterga said:

Crossbows are hella old. At least 5th century. Vampires are more 18th / 19th century.

Depending on what you mean by 'vampire'. Evil bloodsucking demonic creatures, sometimes associated with corpses, go way back. However, using crossbows to hunt them is pretty much a 20th century thing, the staking thing seems to be post-firearms.
  • Options
    i just wanna know how the whole garlic thing started...as far as i know, there's nothing special about it

silver, at least, has the distinction of being a 'pure' metal and therefore often seen as an effective foil against dark forces​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options

i just wanna know how the whole garlic thing started...as far as i know, there's nothing special about it

silver, at least, has the distinction of being a 'pure' metal and therefore often seen as an effective foil against dark forces​​

A lot of vampire lore was made up by people who made a living off of "hunting" them. But Garlic was said to repel vampires not destroy them.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    well, garlic can certainly repel - but that isn't limited to vampires​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It would also be a an awesome opportunity to bring back the weapon skin unlock from Vlad Dracul (the sword he use to drop in Therakiel's Temple) and make it an MA, Heavy, Laser sword unlock
  • Options
    I'ma update that op with all the stuff I saw that I really liked.

• Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    All of these are great! Especially all the skull and bat suggestions! (I NEED a shoulder bat pet! for 3 different characters!)

Easily answered. Garlic (and parsley too) was said to be good for all manner of blood diseases and infections.

As for crossbows and vampires, wooden stakes through the heart have been part of vampire lore for a very long time, from actual burials where bodies were staked, buried face down (so they'd dig deeper when trying to dig out of their graves), nailed through body parts to the coffin, with a scythe blade over the neck so as they sat up they'd decapitate themselves etc to the very old Irish legend which may have been a key part of Bram Stoker's inspiration (it's from the area of Ireland his ghost-story-twelling Grandmother came from) about an evil chieftan who returned from the dead and regularly demanded a bowl of blood to drink who could only be defeated (but not destroyed) by a wooden sword made of Yew wood through the heart, then they buried him in a deep pit, piled thorns on top then added a boulder on top of that.

With several cultures having a wood-through-the-heart vampire story using a crossbow to achieve it is just logical even if not commonly used. Interesting notes: Dracula was killed with a Texan bowie knife through the heart, while the string of a firing crossbow is used in the Hammer Film Vampire Circus to decapitate a vampire!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    Taking this a bit further, Bloodmoon Onslaught Devices.

These devices transform you into legendary monsters and nocturnal creeps - mainly the ones from Vibora Bay since those already have established names and abilities.

Onslaught Black Fang
    The ravenous werewolf enforcer of the Dogz, Black Fang is a highly mobile and nasty foe that places emphasis on a variety of automatic lunge attacks, meaning he can chase down a single target over time to take out heroes one by one. Black Fang doesn't utilize energy traditionally, instead chiefly having extended cooldowns. However, he does have the gimmick of resetting several cooldowns for each successful kill he manages to land. Pair this with snare, sharp claws, and a nasty bite, and he's certainly not a werewolf to be trifled with.

Onslaught Vladic Dracul
    The lord and sire of the New Shadows, Vladic Dracul exemplifies the might of a vampire lord, wielding blood blade in combat. Though low on health, he is the only Onslaught villain that can self-heal through combat, and uses this to also fuel his other attacks. Vladic is a master of utilizing auras and zoning, summoning swarms of bats to cover areas of the battlefield and collect blood to sustain him. Collecting enough energy will even prevent him from truly dying, instead placing him in a teleport state when killed and removing his energy to convert it into health. With the combination of his blade, bleeds, and blood theft, he won't be an easy enemy to take down, but he is notably weak against the Trauma status effect...

Onslaught Baron Cimetiere
    Current leader of the Sovereign Sons, Cimetiere commands a nasty voodoo magic that gives him an a much more methodical and diabolical approach to fighting his enemies - his voodoo can reflect damage back at his attackers, deal out AoE damage around heroes by having them explode in pins, and - his signature move - zombifying weakened heroes and forcing them to attack other heroes (and even rewarding them with villain tokens in the process!) Cimetiere gains his energy by using these enchantments, and will sow chaos on the battlefield.

Onslaught Demoiselle Nocturne
    A mutilated ghost under the employ of DEMON, Demoiselle Nocturne gains her fighting power by inflicting terror upon her enemies, which are debuffs that, in addition to lost stats, the player-in-question experiences as a screen-wide effect (much like the filters in demonflame, and can include disorienting effects such as sight-limiting fog or a hazy border.) The souls of enemies she defeats can even be reaped and transformed into corrupted hero spirits, which take the shadowy appearance of a fallen hero, but otherwise fight by utilizing darkness attacks.

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    wait, nocturne is a ghost? i thought she was just a high-level black magic-using sorceress of DEMON

and before they go adding more onslaught villains, they first need to make it possible to rearrange powers in the trays on the already-existing ones...and the same goes for become devices, for that matter

though if they did add a black fang one, lousy power tray arrangement or not, that would be the only one i'd use from that point on​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The OV system is just not going to get any changes. Nothing has been done to it since the final tinkering after it was released. The devs know it is a mess but don't have the interest/time to fix it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options

wait, nocturne is a ghost? i thought she was just a high-level black magic-using sorceress of DEMON

and before they go adding more onslaught villains, they first need to make it possible to rearrange powers in the trays on the already-existing ones...and the same goes for become devices, for that matter

though if they did add a black fang one, lousy power tray arrangement or not, that would be the only one i'd use from that point on​​

Demoiselle Nocturne's backstory is, if I remember correctly, she was killed by her husband, and then basically managed to revenge-revive herself as a ghost by basically turning him inside out. Dark stuff, really.

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    bluhman said:

Most of my posts tend to focus a lot on content additions, but for now it'll just be features and device rewards, since that seems to be the MO right now.

TP Unlocks

• Ghostly Phase - Teleport variant that causes you to turn translucent and ghostly. Would be the first teleport variant that leaves your character model visible to some degree.
    • Void Teleport - Teleport variant that creates an inky burst when entering and exiting teleport state. Identical effects to the Void Shift lunge.
    • Bone Tunneling - You collapse into a wriggling pile of bones.
    • Magic Cloak - Another Teleport variant, where you wrap a cloak around yourself and disappear.
    • Cape Wings - Flight Variant - if you're wearing a cape in the back slot, it transforms into a pair of vampire wings.
    I like these Bluh, dunno if you'd consider adding the following one to your OP too...

Glide-Cape Glide variant that doesn't add an outstretched cape when using it. This would allow us to use the Bat Wings arm accessories as they should be.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    my votes for an over-sized scythe

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I really like the eldricht hands thingy. Sounds bloodbornsey.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    This brings up an interesting question....

Those two BITE transform devices.... Do we have the ability to use their powers on regular characters? If not.... it's be nice to get unlocks for them.

Also it'd be nice for them to fix the stat scaling on the BITE devices so you don't get pwned every time you try to fight an NPC... Seriously, like OV transforms they set your stats to 5. But the way you do damage and take damage while transformed it feels like it was meant to set your stats to... not that.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

my votes for an over-sized scythe

Wasn't there already a Heavy Weapons Scythe?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited August 2017

Wasn't there already a Heavy Weapons Scythe?

There are two Scythes for Heavy Weapons, but neither are tech-based like in the pic. We have the Harajuku Twins Scythe (Straight Handle with a small bat wing) and the Halloween event scythe (Crooked handle, looks more like the Grim Reaper's Scythe)

Of course, the one in the pic is from R.W.B.Y. so we'll never see one exactly like it.
  • Options
    Bump. This event is coming up, let's see if we can get some of these
  • Options
    we probably already ARE going to get some of these things; there's no way any of the dev team HASN'T seen this topic even if they haven't responded to it​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Good! Maybe some others can now see it too and add to it.
  • Options
    But will they fix BITE? :/
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    These are great! Especially love the Magic Cloak and Void Teleport ideas.
    +1 /SIGNED
  • Options
    grondgrindergrondgrinder Posts: 19 Arc User
    If I might add a suggestion to the upcoming Bloodmooon event, it would be to allow us access to hero tombs at any time of our choosing.

When the event was up last year, there was a mission from Dweomer that tasked us with freeing ALL heroes in exchange for a substantial amount of Turakian Coins. Seemed simple enough right? On the contrary, this mission became very tedious because more than often, heroes would break out of their tombs and left to wreak havoc without any response because either lack of interest or too few to mobilize since the undead heroes now are essentially one-man armies.

As I said, my suggestion is aimed to towards allowing players access to tombs whenever we feel like. However, I am not suggesting that we can gain access without any requirements. As standard, to even access a tomb demads that one has at least once defeated the undead hero of that tomb, for which one usually gets a perk. I propose that as long a character has earned the perk for defeating an undead hero, that character can enter the associated tomb as long the individual mission for the tomb is not on cooldown, regardless if the hero is in or out of its tomb. (I know it´s not supposed to be like this because how can there be someone in the tomb if they´re up above milling about?)

Putting a stop sign in the way of a mission only to have one either wait for a killteam to arrive or by chance happen upon an intact tomb is tedious to say the least. Of course, one can ask around in Zone for assistance, but that´s no guarantee that enough, if any, people will actually show up to help.
    "Thumbs up for the triumph of the human spirit, or thumbs down to summon a day of holocaust that will never end?" - Glorious Godfrey
  • Options
    yeah, I think those open missions were best when they were tuned to need 10-15 ok-ish players or 5 players who were super. It's really weird needing a big team to open the tomb, when you can clear the tomb with a 2-man team.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    2-man teams? i was clearing them by myself last year

granted, there were a few trouble spots (namely with that asshole who keeps spamming the gravity debuff) that i had to call in some help on (device help, not player), but other than those few spots, the tombs aren't hard to solo​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Enh, it's difficult with one. :p Last year I jumped on a team where our GOAL was to complete the full undead heroes wrapper mission. So much glorious carnage.... But we did a 4-man team, and it was WAY faster than trying to solo even a single tomb.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I'd like to see a Teleiosaurus Pheromone-type device with the following monsters:

Werewolves, Vampire/Bats, Mummy, Ghost, Frankenstein/Zombie
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    Like a permanent loyal sidekick version of the transforms? I like that!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    New idea:
    Either a travel power or device that turns you into a giant spider. :D

Why? because Shelob is awesome in LotR: Shadow of Mordor. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Restore Vanguard as the premier strongman of the CU, and turn archery guy into someone else.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    well, considering i just fought him TWICE last night, i'd say neither of those things are actually true​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    Broom Travel Device / Power

Vapor Leg Costume Piece (no legs, just smoke)

Bat Travel Device / Power (like the Vampire Become) (Unless this is already in the game - it's a long list of Travels)

Become Skeleton Device (Powers include Cur-Ly eye poke, Arm Club - taking off one arm and hitting people with it, Heads Will Roll / Heads Up skull toss, Fart Dust for Toxic damage)
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

2-man teams? i was clearing them by myself last year

granted, there were a few trouble spots (namely with that asshole who keeps spamming the gravity debuff) that i had to call in some help on (device help, not player), but other than those few spots, the tombs aren't hard to solo​​

The trick to Strength of Takofanes is what I described to my Tomb partner last night as "Cat in a tree." Get up on the third tier of sarcophagi, or those ledges at the tops of the support pillars, and TURN OFF YOUR MOVEMENT POWER. You're outside his Lunge range, so all he can do is throw rocks and hit you with chains. No KB spam, no Gravity damage.

Oh, when you're done, give it a few seconds before going back down to floor level. That gravity crap sometimes lingers.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    even better trick - take characters with regeneration; that's what i've been doing for 3 out of 4 characters, and those 3 have had zero issues with the SoTs​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Despite how annoying they can be, I like fighting SoT, but I hate the emphasis on locking players down with the Gravity debuff.

Its almost like we shouldn't use travel powers ever.

They are already slowed massively in combat...don't get why Gravity is necessary.
  • Options
    horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    i would like a quest (or quests) involving "Number Stations". Travelling from MC to the Desert, Canada, MI, etc tracking creepy radio stations while encountering ghosts and stuff.
    Maybe perks, tokens or other unlocks for completing it.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Its almost like we shouldn't use travel powers ever.

Except in the incredibly vast part of the game where they're not locked out. So yes it's almost like that... except it's nothing like that.
  • Options
    I find that going in Melee mode with Devour Essence, Epidemic and Pestilence allows me (lvl 40 with good gear) to clear all the crypts solo in record time. Out heals any damage that the crypt dwellers dish out and melts them quickly.

The trick to Strength of Takofanes is what I described to my Tomb partner last night as "Cat in a tree." Get up on the third tier of sarcophagi, or those ledges at the tops of the support pillars, and TURN OFF YOUR MOVEMENT POWER. You're outside his Lunge range, so all he can do is throw rocks and hit you with chains. No KB spam, no Gravity damage.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

I find that going in Melee mode with Devour Essence, Epidemic and Pestilence allows me (lvl 40 with good gear) to clear all the crypts solo in record time. Out heals any damage that the crypt dwellers dish out and melts them quickly.

That's my off tank. My aggro-magnet lightning DPS plays differently. :)
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    The nice thing about this build is that I don't need a defensive passive or to be in tank mode. I don't even need Hybrid for this. Very fast play.
    JwLmWoa.png