test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

D3D Error

xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
As the title suggest, I keep getting this error when I try to play the game from the launcher. It also says that they can't load a DirectX rendering device. I have tried re-downloading champs and updating my drivers along with downloading a modern DirectX
Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.

Comments

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    It could be caused by some other program claiming exclusive access to your videocard.
  • Options
    aiqa said:

It could be caused by some other program claiming exclusive access to your videocard.

Hm. How would I go about finding that out?
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Just make sure all other programs are closed.
  • Options
    aiqa said:

Just make sure all other programs are closed.

Hm. I usually have steam in the background. I'll make sure that stays closed and hopefully that'll help. Right now i'm re-downloading CO completely so maybe that may also help the issue

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    Hm. I preformed a system restore, redownloaded my drivers, redownloaded steam and CO, and I'm still receiving the error.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Posts: 6 Arc User
    I reinstalled after getting a new comp. This was the third of the the Cryptic games that I play. Part of the reason for the new comp was the changes made to NWO and STO that required DX11. Those 2 games run fine. Can't get CO to run. Crashes due to the D3D Error.
  • Options
    Well, mine WAS working fine before just now. Now im back to the error

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    I sent a support ticket, yet haven't received any word back as of late over the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers multiple times, and yet still encounter the issue. Is there no way to fix this error?

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I just ran into that when I did a driver update. Going into Radeon settings and tweaking stuff, then rebooting, seemed to fix.
  • Options
    historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
    I had this problem a couple of months ago (and am having it again). My solution that worked before was to obtain older drivers from my graphics card manufacturer's website. That seemed to do the trick.

But I'm not sure why it's happening this time... the latest drivers were working fine up until now...
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    When you say "Downloaded a Modern DirectX", which one did you get? Sometimes it's worth redownloading the Redistributable version of DX9 as CO works best with that - I know I had to do this a while back as the game was throwing DX errors.