test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Players wanting content

I have been enjoying champions for well over four years now. Lifetime member. Even with my group helped with player run events like DawnCon and entertainment with Dawn Radio. I have known many a player from all styles of gameplay. All this during this time period, a common mantra has been chanted. Not just the discouraged but the ones who also enjoy the game. So please take this into account when i make this plea/

WE WANT NEW CONTENT MISSIONS

Now some would say what about the q zone or the cosmics. Well that is all good, its not the common factor of those who I have talked to really want. So, again, I shall go into detail in my explanation....

1) A storyline/plot related to the game
2) NON cosmic related
3) NON alert related
4) NON PvP related
5) NON zone cap causing monster attack needing large team ups
6) NON needing the top of the line gear
7) more than just a room attck boss and then done, actually continues on to another part to get the full storyline
8) It doesnt have to be must be 40 to get it. Good for new players to cut their teeth on.

As we seen in several forum thread people are happy with the cosmics and such, but a lot miss the days when new adventure packs came add to the lore of the game. some even said if the cosmics and the OV were introduced in a way with a "more than a one page " mission to follow, it would have encouraged others who now fight the idea of doing them.

and there is so much open ended stuff to build on. One i pointed in another forum thread.

(spoiler alert)

We know Mechanon was the benefactor to the roi'nesh. We also know the Steel Crusade. You can combine the two to create a new AP where Mechanon breaks into the Canadian cell of the captured roi'nesh, injects him with the nanovirus and let him loose . The first scene would be reuse of the Whiteout's Canadian Stronghold since the roi'nesh is there. It could lead to the battle in space using vehicles (showing love to the those who are vehicle collectors).

Another possiblility is with Whisper in Vibora Bay , Her sanctum has hallwways leading to reportedly, the desert. canada and monster island. She could send in AP style players to any storyline that can be bult around it. One sugeested idea was related to the cosmics as in find out who aused these giant monsters to be powered up even more (cue OV connection). Tie two areas of the game nnad make a storyline that could get people who been resistant to them to participate. Leaadin to a battle with the good doctor Telios to try to get the capability to reverse it ( obviously not going to lower the cosmics but you get the idea)

There is so much possibilities with what exists now and if use the main source, the PnP books, could create more interesting things ( personal plea: bring C.L.O.W.N.)

So i subit this forum to the masses and those who read it and hope it is recieved if not well, least for a healthy, intelligent discussion.

Thank you for you time

Mad Vyking. Co leader and co founder of Paragon Dawn and Dawn Radio

Comments

• aumuz1aumuz1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just recently started playing CO, so I have not been through all the content yet. But I hope they do add more, because it will keep me interested longer! Its a great game.
  • codewar65codewar65 Posts: 134 Arc User
    1. Remove the level cap.
    2. Make content scale to a players level.
    3. Make level 40 gear auto level to a players level.
    4. New unique zones / mobs / mission arcs / content. (Not recycling old content and calling it New.)
    5. Add a villian side.
    6. Remove lockboxes.
    7. Place all lockbox walled content into the cStore.
    8. Foundry.
    9. ???
    10. Profit!
  • duke3eyeduke3eye Posts: 22 Arc User
    I came over from CoX a year before it fell. I liked many of the things that this game offered, most of those have changed since then, but I'm still here.

There are as MV stated many open ended bits, projects started and rolled aside, incomplete. So many potential areas to expand upon.

Maybe a return to Multifaria as the resistance finally figures out who their hero (Citizen Harmon) really is. Or possibly have some of the characters from there come looking for payback. Lapis might think it fair to come blow up the Superjet in MC (she probably never got that trip to Bermuda).

Also I would love to see some content that doesn't require being Cosmic powered. Maybe some new lower level content for veteran players to bring up new characters. Also some content that is soloable. Many heroes in books are individuals and have solo adventures that don't ALWAYS require finding a legion of heroes to complete.

Maybe some new nemesis content? Something like Nemcon but more super villain like (i.e.: Teamed up hero's nemesi (not sure on plural of nemesis) gather to destroy Millennium City making a Battle Royale with the city's Champions.
    Also as MV pointed out there are pages of content you could draw from in the PnP resources.

Please quit making new currencies for each event, it seems a waste of programming power since there are already a lot of currencies that have no real value already, also if you're going to create a special currency that people have to do special things for, make it easier to dispense. (personally waiting for almost a year for a Dev token from a PTS event, and I know I'm not the only one) If they are too busy programming to reward it, why have it? (Not like it cost anything to give out digital curreny for digital items). Especially if you want us to keep giving up real money for those same digital items.

Finally, I understand there are limited resources but Superheroes are a thing right now. Why miss out on a market that wants to be tapped. Advertise this game more effectively (Burying it on the 3rd page of your games available is wasteful) It's probably your cheapest license to maintain with the greatest potential for some profit if you just gave it some love.

Sincerely Duke3Eye

"There are some of you I like more than you'll know, and some of you I know more than you'd like." ~ Me.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    codewar65 said:

Remove the level cap.

The only reason to raise a level cap is to reset power creep. CO's team (and their lack of resources) is in no position to handle the work required to accommodate something like that. It seems like, even though some people ask for things like level cap increases, they don't actually realize how it would impact their gameplay. Both STO and NW had level cap increases, presumably because people asked for them. Neither went over well with players once they realized what they'd actually signed up for.
    codewar65 said:

New unique zones / mobs / mission arcs / content. (Not recycling old content and calling it New.)

This is actually a lot of work, and is probably beyond what CO's budget allows. New zones and story content in particular require a lot of work.
    codewar65 said:

Add a villian side.

Again, beyond the scope of what CO's budget likely allows.
    codewar65 said:

Remove lockboxes.
    Place all lockbox walled content into the cStore.

I suspect lockboxes are pretty much what keeps this game afloat, so love them or hate them, they're a necessary evil.
    codewar65 said:

Foundry.

If I recall, there's a technical reason why this won't happen. I believe it has something to do with how creatures/objects/etc are ID'd in this game, but was later done properly in STO and NW. As much as I and everyone else would love this, I don't see it happening.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • fellstrokefellstroke Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    1. Allow the high end gear to be purchased through the Zen Store (and/or lower the amount needed) and not just SCR GCR / OVT / Q - Some people have a lot alts and not a whole lot of time for grinding just for the sake of it.

2. Costumes! Make a way to get costume pieces easier and earlier! The game is all about your character from the START! I should not be level 40 not having at least half of the pieces I want.

3. I really don't mind the lock boxes. I think they're a good idea, BUT the keys are the WORST idea I have ever seen! Make them drop just as often as the boxes do! Either that or get rid of them! What good are 500 boxes that you're going to have to spend either around 42500G or over $400 to open (unless you have the keys already)?

4. I'm not sure about other people, but I like to change my builds quite often and my Questionite supply doesn't appreciate when I have to remove mods. I myself would love to see that wiped off the face of CO. Use Questionite for the Q store.

5. Add items to the Q store that can no longer be obtained or have lost a way of being obtained (eg. Depleted Uranium Core I believe was found in an Alert which no longer exists). Make Questionite easier to get and in higher quantities and add WAY more items for people to buy: Gear, costumes, auras, mods, devices, vanity items, powers, etc.

6. 1-40 then grind. We all know the content, so for everyone who is still playing all we want to do is get to 40 and get our gear which is just a grindfest since the story is old and the content is reused. Add new people, extended the story.

7. Make the game less gear related, make it more character driven. I don't want to be collecting tens of thousands of something for new items next. CoX was a prime example for gear, you only had enhancements for your powers, but you didn't need any high end enhancements to be a great character. It was all about HOW you played your character.
  • aumuz1aumuz1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I don't think the issue Mad Vyking is talking about is about lockboxes and Zen Store. He is just looking for more storyline content. It would be nice if Cyriptic would put some more resources into the game, and did another expansion or something like that. Even in STO, they don't always release big expansion with lots of storyline content; but they do regularly release missions (which fit in with a larger overall story). Just something to keep expanding the universe.
  • I have been playing since beta. then stopped but came back 5 years ago and everything said I agree with. Sure there are a few people who enjoy the new OPed, end game stuff but these are people with uber builds and justice gear wirh r7=r9 mods as well as cosmic or onslaught secondaries..

Most normal players want new stuff

1. raising the level cap..I would just put it to 45 since that is the level of the mobs in the QWZ
    2. There were talks earlier about making more missions in space but we know that was nixed in favor of Telios Ascendant and the QWZ. New space missions could have been a gold mine.

3. new zones..this I get there just aren't enough devs to make a whole new zone but no one says you cant copy and paste current zones and just add new landmarks.

4. the APs are a good thing. so many storylines are unresolved.like the OP said the whole Mechanon thing. He survived the Steel Crusade and probably still has some of his nano machines.

5. A personal thing I would love to see done is bring back the original Doctor Destroyer. We know he is still in Multifaria in control there. Bringing him back in a storyline where the heroes have to prevent MIllennium City from becoming another Detroit.

6. With all the mystical stuff, I am sure Cryptic can lay off Shadow Destroyer and bring in other mystic threats..I mean we already have three of the Crowns of Krim, and I know we have the powersets to bring in Force, Tremblor and Dark Seraph himself..Turn that into an adventure pack or new content.

7. As for the keys and lockboxes..I understand that keys keep the game afloat but it gets annoying when you have 200 boxes and no keys to open them..Make lair bosses drop them with a certain percentage

Many things can still be done to save this game if only cryptic wanted to
  • tenebriswolftenebriswolf Posts: 54 Arc User
    As someone who never played the pen & paper Champions game, I'd be really curious to see new characters from the RPG books. I know there is a China superhero team, villains like Ankylosaurus or whatever his name is, and the Star Guardians if I remember the name correctly. Put it into new areas or as secondary arcs to change from the ones we've been grinding again and again and again everytime we level a new character, and that's already a good add.

Another nice thing I'd like to see is related to the Nemesis system, which is already dying slowly as we all know. New Nemesis missions, customization (some Powersets aren't available yet, and we can't even change the weapon skin for Martial Arts !), henchmen, and why not an unlockable Nemesis solo arc, in which the previously defeated Nemesises band together to defeat their common enemy the same way the Sinister Six took on Spider-Man. Of course, the unlockable part is when we have defeated enough Nemesis to make this mission available, like, if we defeat five, the arc will pick three of them randomly for the sake of the story. Or even better : Supergroup Nemesis.
    Mordykus on Dawn Radio
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    For those asking for new content...have they been through the entire game and played every single mission? Obtained the obtainable perks?

I agree I would like to see more 'normal' content, but I think that they could easily reuse zones like Millennium City, revamp missions one zone at a time for replayability and switch up what happens in the zones.

Or

Expand on UNITY 2 missions and add new villains or storylines from CU into it.

There is the Gateway Hub which is still largely unused, which hopefully will one day see some space faring development. I think the focus seems to be on revamping a lot of team based content to force team gameplay and endgame content as Level 40s for a long time have complained that there is nothing to do.

Now some who enjoy the recently added content and its difficulty are getting just that. This does appear to leave some out in the cold, so hopefully that'll be addressed when more resources are in place/available.
  • themadvykingthemadvyking Posts: 79 Arc User
    for me I can say comfortably ...

Yes i have did all missiosns once i hit 40 by backtracking and combing over areas i missed. Needless to say was feeling silly for a 40 doing level 10 misions but it was fun seeing stuff I missed.

And added up some stuff that at first didnt make sense story wise. Only ones who have more perks points than me are ones who been on game with same toon since beginning.

I know others ware in same catagory just some vairances as in kill perks etc.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    You don't really get a lot of return on adding new leveling missions. The story part loses it's novelty after the first time through, and after that it's just another little bit of content that players will breeze through. It doesn't really help with the "we want more stuff to do" problem that the game has.

I mean yeah, I'd like it too. It's just not priority for me, even now that I've begun leveling new characters.

My dream would be for them to make it so you can start every zone at lvl 6, including MI and VB and even Lemuria, and then fill in all the missing level ranges with new missions. I know that'd get me excited about leveling new toons.
  • gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    random thoughts , I hope people find them interesting , not necessarily new content but revitalising current content

add a "skull" difficulty level to the difficulty settings ( or even a skull ++ for extra difficulty for those that find it too easy ) so you can still do the missions you outgrew at whatever level and they level up appropriately with you

This is already being used automatically on nemesis missions ,action packs and mini story arcs like the mechanon and fatal error ,
    It used to happen on the mission the where you take on zoe loft ,well did last time I played it ,

The missions would then drop levelled gear and rewards and have an interest for revisiting lower end content for everyone

unlock the help a citizen missions for level 40 , never understood why once you hit 40 they stop asking for help ,I'm pretty sure these level with you as well

hopefully this would take a small amount of dev resources to implement and revitalise some of the existing content

please update unity one and two rewards perhaps add a couple of gcr to the final special mission to make them relevant and desirable again , people seem to have forgotten/ or don't even know about them

(( btw this is not intended to be a discussion on the nature of gcr , just an incentive to do the level 40 missions , I know its a sensitive subject and people get distracted by it ))

Post edited by gogoginga1 on
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User

a list of stuff

1: you do that, and suddenly there is literally no reason to play said content, a better alternative would be to make SCR/GCR/OVT/Questionite shareable account wide orrr make the end game gear BoE rather than BoP

2: costumes are a reason why a chunk of the playerbase even bothers with certain content.. remove costumes and you remove that motivation

3: oh gee.. it's almost as if they make people buy the keys to..oh idk MAKE MONEY TO KEEP THE GAME AFLOAT

4: now... this is the only suggestion in here which is actually worth while.. however doing it would have the side effect of having the value of questionite drop rather.. notable

5: that would be awesome, but there's also going to be other ways to get them.. content, collector store, scr/gcr vendor and so on... also, ima just point out you're wrong about the depleted urainium core, it drops from the harmon labs alert [which rotates in for 1 week every ~2months]

6: ok, so you got to level 40 and got all your gear handed to you on a sliver platter then what? and before you point out the "extend the story" part.. they tried that, the result is the q-zone which is "fun"

7: you do realize having the gear be as potent as it is atm actually affords more flexability to your build capabiltity? for a simple reason that if you could "have your cake and eat it" when it comes to builds, people would just graviate towards the most effective things (and don't say they wouldn't, it's already happened with specs), but by imposing these limitations via the gear system, it forces people to get creative with things, and that helps keep things (at least somewhat) diverse.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    I don't want to stray too far off topic, but I'll say a few things. I never said gear had to be in the Zen store, I said and/or lower the amount needed. Meaning lowering the SCR/GCR/OVT/Questionite cost could also be an alternative. Yea, I do think making them shareable account wide is a good idea, I also like how Bind to Account works (especially if you don't have to use Questionite to remove the mods). I only said "easier and earlier to get" about costumes, not the way I meant to say it, but I never said to get them all at the start. As for the keys, I call them a horrible idea because they are like a fifty cent piece with the boxes being a rigged slot machine. After hundreds of boxes with really only a teleport power to show for it, I'd say they need a better way to keep US AFLOAT if we're to keep THEM AFLOAT and it shouldn't be by bringing Las Vegas into CO. I didn't know the alert rotated in, thanks for pointing that out. Imposing limitation via the gear system is how this game works and stays diverse, I know that won't change.

However this is right back to the point of the thread, the gear on a platter; now thrown into a nearly bottomless pit. People only stay playing because they are FORCED to in order to get that shiny gear, but when they get it (like you asked): Then what? The q-zone only made me realize I needed a new build and slotted secondaries to kill the stronger guys more effectively, but it just seemed like a jumbled together difficult area for grinding or testing builds, not an actual story extension. Whiteout for instance was a good story (at least I thought so). I personally don't care if they reuse areas, I'd just like to see more involved content where you can go solo or in a team/teams. Open missions shouldn't be are that's being added/revamped, especially when some have such a high failure rate and such a low drop rate (not to mention zone restrictions keeping the group numbers down).
    well the topic is content missions. storyline no matter what the gear is could be basic drops gear. Just have a story line AP or mission all can do , expand the lore

I mean cosmic wise the only one who havnet gotten the cosmic touch yet is Grond. Save that for later and build on the lore to let people have fun.

RP'ers can have fun by role playing the plot.
    MIssion grinders: nuff said
    builds people: test out combos safely seeing damage
    New people get to have fun without being harassed for not knowing (seen in some cosmic groups)
    Vets go yes new thing to do (ok may go to wayside afterwatds but that also then helps altitis people)

The idea is not zen store or gear or lockboxes its time fro something new to do wheter solo or in team.

In short, Time to have fun on game for all whether love the cosmics or not, pvp or not, anything else or not. Just something new

Sometimes Basic stuff can help in the long run for game
    edited May 2017
    Exactly. Basic areas that grab your attention with the new story/content and keep you and your character involved. Drops should just be related to the content and stuff you get on a regular basis.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User

1. raising the level cap..I would just put it to 45 since that is the level of the mobs in the QWZ

People that are asking for increasing the level cap never understand how disastrous these event turns out. aesica already mention a good deal about this and how two attempt pretty much destroy both mmo's population with the level cap, but adding to this, this will annoy the hell out of any players that alt a lot, not to mention pissing off all those players that got their max gear only for it become worthless because a level 42 green has a higher stat. The reason why the level over at the warzone is higher than the player is to get the players to team up with at least one other person to clear it. All other mmo does this with their end game mob and it a pretty stupid reason to raise a level cap here.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I think there is room for another Zone pitched at a difficulty level between Vibora Bay and the QZone, with less emphasis on teaming up (I've explained why elsewhere). In terms of story this just needs to be another local crisis with new threats to face and supervillains to face down (with the occasional link to other plot areas) - less emphasis on Cosmic level damage, and more on varying villain powersets, teams and tactics (I have some suggestions which I keep meaning to write down and add here).

There's still so much content which is half-finished and underused, though; I hope they can make the original lairs queueable, split off Supervillain Rampages (Gravitar/F&I) from UNITY/UNTIL crises (Lemurian Invasion, Sky Command), and maybe add some more Rampages (a level 40 version of Menton, Eclipse or Talisman would be fun).

I don't agree with the idea of raising the level cap; what we need to get is more understanding in the design of content for level 40s and how it should be signposted to the player.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I'd like to see a level 40 version of the original Telios tower. TA is nice and all, but it's not the same. Also, the original is kinda weaksauce. I once accidentally wandered in and soloed it while trying to figure out what it was there for.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Nah, epic lairs aren't accessible or popular enough. There's been enough Cosmic level content for a while.

Nah, epic lairs aren't accessible or popular enough. There's been enough Cosmic level content for a while.

I was just thinking of something on the level of a rampage.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    I apologize for a brief digression, but I wanted to request clarification on one small point:

(spoiler alert)

We know Mechanon was the benefactor to the roi'nesh.

May I ask how we know this to be the case? Not suspect or infer. Is there an official source of verification somewhere?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I work from 2 assumptions:
    1. Players like to stand around in RenCen in MC.
    2. Devs have limited resources and want/need to reuse content.

So, what I'd love to see is a level 35-40 version of MC that provides a mix of mission types: some boss fights and some fights vs. teams of villains. It'd be nice to have content somewhere between Cosmics of endgame and mook grinding of leveling. As has been said on other threads, there are a variety of villains that are only used in a single mission. It would be nice to gather some of them together (level boosted) for small scale group content. Could also be away to get some more use out of Nemeses. Possibly the AI can't make a good 3 on 3 fight (for example) but maybe 3 heroes vs. 5 villains, or 3 villains supported by mooks. Maybe the occasional new villain(s) could be imported from the Champions universe?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    bulgarex said:

I apologize for a brief digression, but I wanted to request clarification on one small point:

May I ask how we know this to be the case? Not suspect or infer. Is there an official source of verification somewhere?

Heavily implied by the cutscenes for Whiteout as well as the follow up (Steel Crusade), there is as of yet, no official source stating that Mechanon was helping Roin'esh (seems a bit OOC to me but meh)
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

1. Players like to stand around in RenCen in MC.

Making another zone that shares MC Zone chat would do wonders.

One problem with heading to Desert/VB/Lemuria right now is that you might not have anybody in zone chat. The game becomes less social, which is a drawback for many players. Likewise, lacking the many zone chat, people miss LFG messages, trade messages, event chat, etc.

Yes, yes--I know there are many other chat channels, but may players focus on Zone chat, including the ones sending such messages.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    Where is my comment?
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    codewar65 said:

1. Remove the level cap.
    2. Make content scale to a players level.
    3. Make level 40 gear auto level to a players level.
    4. New unique zones / mobs / mission arcs / content. (Not recycling old content and calling it New.)
    5. Add a villian side.
    6. Remove lockboxes.
    7. Place all lockbox walled content into the cStore.
    8. Foundry.
    9. ???
    10. Profit!
    They don't have the resources for pretty much any of that. With that said I would not mind them recycling enemies or SuperVillians that are used in ONE mission for new missions or alerts. Ideally I would also not mind something akin to newspaper or radio missions that COH had back in the day.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I'd like to see a new endgame lair, TA is fine but there's only one of it and variety is nice. Unfortunately, my understanding is that the way the legacy lairs are coded is quite challenging to update.
    I came over from CoX a year before it fell. I liked many of the things that this game offered, most of those have changed since then, but I'm still here.

There are as MV stated many open ended bits, projects started and rolled aside, incomplete. So many potential areas to expand upon.

Maybe a return to Multifaria as the resistance finally figures out who their hero (Citizen Harmon) really is. Or possibly have some of the characters from there come looking for payback. Lapis might think it fair to come blow up the Superjet in MC (she probably never got that trip to Bermuda).

Also I would love to see some content that doesn't require being Cosmic powered. Maybe some new lower level content for veteran players to bring up new characters. Also some content that is soloable. Many heroes in books are individuals and have solo adventures that don't ALWAYS require finding a legion of heroes to complete.

Maybe some new nemesis content? Something like Nemcon but more super villain like (i.e.: Teamed up hero's nemesi (not sure on plural of nemesis) gather to destroy Millennium City making a Battle Royale with the city's Champions.
    Also as MV pointed out there are pages of content you could draw from in the PnP resources.

Please quit making new currencies for each event, it seems a waste of programming power since there are already a lot of currencies that have no real value already, also if you're going to create a special currency that people have to do special things for, make it easier to dispense. (personally waiting for almost a year for a Dev token from a PTS event, and I know I'm not the only one) If they are too busy programming to reward it, why have it? (Not like it cost anything to give out digital curreny for digital items). Especially if you want us to keep giving up real money for those same digital items.

Finally, I understand there are limited resources but Superheroes are a thing right now. Why miss out on a market that wants to be tapped. Advertise this game more effectively (Burying it on the 3rd page of your games available is wasteful) It's probably your cheapest license to maintain with the greatest potential for some profit if you just gave it some love.

Sincerely Duke3Eye

"There are some of you I like more than you'll know, and some of you I know more than you'd like." ~ Me.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    duke3eye said:

(i.e.: Teamed up hero's nemesi (not sure on plural of nemesis)

Nemeses. :)
    duke3eye said:

Superhero movies and TV shows are a thing right now. That doesn't necessarily transfer to other media or entertainment forms that aren't "passively stare at the screen for an hour or two".

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    duke3eye said:

Please quit making new currencies for each event,

I'm ok with this since the currencies don't change when the event recycles.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

duke3eye said:

Please quit making new currencies for each event,

I'm ok with this since the currencies don't change when the event recycles.
    They have changed them though. They did it for an event just recently where last years tokens were of no value.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    That's them getting rid of the token system (ongoing). They're not going to change them once they've gotten that done.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    And another fellow player and good friends ups and leaves game because of the lack of putting in new content non cosmic related or non alert related. A paying gold member.

As one who plays the game and as one who likes to be with friends, this is the reason I am asking here to help get the devs to start putting in new regular mission or adventure packs.

Business wise, more content means could bring back people like my friend who left or is leaving due to lack of it. It means then more income for cryptic on the champions side. Simple math to me.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    They're pretty intend in revamping Open Mission while dropping event every 2 or 3 week in their event rotation. On top of that, they're doing a bunch of Quality of Life Update on many old alerts. All the while, they throw in a new lockbox / Key Pack Bundle / New Costume Set in between.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

And another fellow player and good friends ups and leaves game because of the lack of putting in new content non cosmic related or non alert related. A paying gold member.

You can't please everyone. Oh well. Lots of people aren't playing this game, not a big deal if there's one more person who decided it's not for them.
    Logical Fallacies R Us strikes again....
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Popular Super Hero movies have been a thing since Richard Donner's Superman. Videogames have never really managed to piggy back on them the exceptions being Batman Returns on the SNES and Spiderman 2 on GC and Ps2.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    More story, especially more scifi/space story would be great.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Looking at the various comments, it seems like the comic book series really fills the bill. They are not level-dependent. They are not really gear-dependent. They are (more or less) full storylines. They are both soloable and groupable (although making them scale better with groups would be good). So, they pretty much fit all the criteria described above. Yet, as far as I can tell, they are almost never run.

This is in striking contrast to a previous super-hero style game where it was quite easy to get together a group to run similar stand-alone content. The question is, why do so few people run the comic book series? I don't really know, but my guess would be:
    1a) They are boring.
    1b) They are slow-moving.
    2) They are not challenging enough, especially the end bosses (except possibly Resistance).
    3) The rare drops are not very interesting (except possibly Dark Speed).

I think if they were spruced up a bit, given more name villains, set to scale by party size, given more interesting rare drops and were given multiple completion rewards (like QWZ Dailies), then they might attract more players. Gating end-game gear behind them would be good, too, and more appropriate than Rampages and Cosmics.

Then, it would be easier to add content. Rather than having to wedge in more leveling content, of which there is already plenty, that will be ignored by Grab-spamming power-levelers, they create evergreen, stand-alone, story content that can be played at any level.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

The question is, why do so few people run the comic book series?

The rewards are cruddy relative to the time investment. While they could use some updating for current PC power levels (I've caused Resistance to break because I killed Warden Arcana before she could activate her invulnerability phase), the big issue is terrible rewards.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    nepht said:

Popular Super Hero movies have been a thing since Richard Donner's Superman. Videogames have never really managed to piggy back on them the exceptions being Batman Returns on the SNES and Spiderman 2 on GC and Ps2.

And the Capcom VS series, which is still going strong. And the X-Men game for the Sega Genesis. And the Maximum Carnage game for NES. And the original X-Men arcade game that was pretty fun.
    darqaura2 said:

And the Capcom VS series, which is still going strong.

Erm u wot m8?...hasnt anyone told him about MvCi and how it looks like a bad mobile game?

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    Well. I'm glad to see it's more or less the same. :/

mrf0rz1 said:

Well. I'm glad to see it's more or less the same. :/

Its Mr F \o/

• mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    nepht said:

Its Mr F \o/

Hello, Nepht.

• xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

You can't please everyone. Oh well. Lots of people aren't playing this game, not a big deal if there's one more person who decided it's not for them.
    I get where you are coming from, however, remember: that's still a person. He'll go and say to his other gamer friends, "Hey, don't play X, it doesn't have Y" and so on and so on. It's the simple notion of word of mouth. Much more damage done than one person leaving, and that's what I think maybe they were trying to say.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    nepht said:

darqaura2 said:

And the Capcom VS series, which is still going strong.

Erm u wot m8?...hasnt anyone told him about MvCi and how it looks like a bad mobile game?
    UMvC3
    https://youtu.be/I9OqbiRLaho
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • greywyndgreywynd Posts: 6 Arc User
    codewar65 said:

Add a villian side.

Champions is about being a hero. Not a villain.
This discussion has been closed.