test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you manually uninstall or repair a corrupted install?

So my install of everything Arc was apparently corrupted. There is no uninstall program. The program is not listed in the control panel's program list for uninstallation. There are no folders in the start menu. There is one Arc folder, but there is no PWE folder.

I have been unable to play for almost a month and support has been no help so far - they do not seem to know how to uninstall programs when the magic uninstall is not available.

Since a problem like this is likely related to problems with the files outside of the program folder, I am trying to find out what the extraneous files for the install are (like the registry keys etc.) so that I can remove them and reinstall.

Does anyone here know the technical aspects of Arc installation to help with this?

Comments

• erile#2692 erile Posts: 70 Arc User
    Anyone?

Support had me delete the files and try to do a reinstall, but all the reinstall options tell me they can't find the original files and refuse to allow the reinstall (repair or removal) to take place.

PWE really messed something up.

I could really use help, it's been over a month and support still seems to have no idea what they're doing.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    If you deleted the original files, you can't repair them. Your only option would be to do a new install.

I have the game installed through Steam and I don't think I even need to run it though that. As far as I know, you don't need to use Arc to run CO, simply use the game's launcher. I never bothered to reinstall Arc on my new drive because it's just an inferior version of Steam anyway.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • erile#2692 erile Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    sterga said:

If you deleted the original files, you can't repair them. Your only option would be to do a new install.

I have the game installed through Steam and I don't think I even need to run it though that. As far as I know, you don't need to use Arc to run CO, simply use the game's launcher. I never bothered to reinstall Arc on my new drive because it's just an inferior version of Steam anyway.​​

I'm not on Steam so I don't think I have a choice. : (
    Downloading and playing CO required me before to use Arc. Unless I am wrong, I don't think they allow direct installation anymore.
    Post edited by erile#2692 on