test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170310.33 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Nightmare Event
  • Lowered the sky bloom and light diffuse slightly.
  • Fixed a bug where the nightmare Demolishers for the portal daily mission was using a scaling passive intended for the open mission versions.
  • Replaced the knock on the Demolisher Backhand power with a repel.
  • Removed the hold on the grasping shadows power the Acolytes use as other enemies already had single target holds.
  • Shields cast by the Acolytes can no longer stack.
  • Fixed a bug where the shield could affect the Unstable Portal.
  • Gated some abilities the enemies use for lower level players.
  • Fixed a bug where the Elysium Guard title wasn't granting. Players with the perk can obtain it at the Fixer vendor.
  • Updated the fx cancel on the Nightmare Colossus.

Misc
  • Updated soundfx on Shade Storm.
  • Fixed a bug where the names for the R2 and R3 Shadow pets were blank on the dropdown menu.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    omg the shielded portal was a bug? what about simphons?
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    What does this mean?: Replaced the knock on the Demolisher Backhand power with a repel. This power got changed or, will it no longer trigger knockdown.

Psi.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Woo! Less annoying portal mobs... Except I'll have my 650 coins before this goes live. :/

Pretty sure the Demolisher Backhand is the abusive knockback spam. The thing that knocks the npcs all over the damn place. And you. Kinda annoying for suckers that use melee. Any chance the Warzone version gets this upgrade?​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Wow! I love the new sound setup for the shade storm, it's so amazing!​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Btw, does Nightmare Demolisher really have to hit it's fellow mobs? Because when it does it's aoe, it aggros the nearby event mobs like in the far back of City Center. Players end up getting mobbed.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Magnificent
    This shall make the dailies more tolerable and with a more fair difficulty scale... I hope

I hope the reduction of the Event's visuals is noticeable and less eye-burning now​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Thanks for these many small fixes that will add up to a better player experience.

Newer players with non-max level toons will really appreciate these differences.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Yay! I'm so glad to see these adjustments.

While I do like the new SFX on Shade Storm, I still think the GFX needs to be adjusted a little. It's too bright when the shards crash, and adding some dark streaking on the end explosions would help. If this doesn't happen, I'm still comfortable with the power, but it could use this extra polish.

EDIT: I went back and edited for emphasis. I have no idea what the code is to change the color.
    Post edited by blumoon8 on

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User

Btw, does Nightmare Demolisher really have to hit it's fellow mobs? Because when it does it's aoe, it aggros the nearby event mobs like in the far back of City Center. Players end up getting mobbed.

It's intentional (I highly believe), once you take down the Portal, after a few moments the horrors summoned from the portal will go after their summoners like wild animals out of control. They'll still react to agro, but the AoEs will hit their "allies".

That way if you only hit the portal, the summoners will start agroing the horrors with their AoE, and vice-versa.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2017

It's intentional (I highly believe), once you take down the Portal, after a few moments the horrors summoned from the portal will go after their summoners like wild animals out of control. They'll still react to agro, but the AoEs will hit their "allies".

That way if you only hit the portal, the summoners will start agroing the horrors with their AoE, and vice-versa.
    I don't survive long enough to find out. :dissapointed:
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    I have see then fighting to death, its pretty funny
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Bug: Rank 2 Shade Storm has a 15% chance to apply Fear per hit. Rank 3 Shade Storm has a 10% chance to apply Fear per hit.

Original Pictures here for close ups

Rank 2:

Rank 3:

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Nice.
    I actually like the Demolisher going all WhoopAss on it's buddies. It makes the fight a bit more... not dull. Yes, even if i play a melee.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It may not be dull but the knock/repels is frustrating. Especially when you're held by those purple-nurple casters.

I have no problem with them on my melee dps. But as a melee tank, it gets tiring real quick.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Nightmare Event
    • Lowered the sky bloom and light diffuse slightly.
    • Fixed a bug where the nightmare Demolishers for the portal daily mission was using a scaling passive intended for the open mission versions.
    • Replaced the knock on the Demolisher Backhand power with a repel.
    • Removed the hold on the grasping shadows power the Acolytes use as other enemies already had single target holds.
    • Shields cast by the Acolytes can no longer stack.
    • Fixed a bug where the shield could affect the Unstable Portal.
    • Gated some abilities the enemies use for lower level players.
    • Fixed a bug where the Elysium Guard title wasn't granting. Players with the perk can obtain it at the Fixer vendor.
    • Updated the fx cancel on the Nightmare Colossus.
    Thank you SO MUCH! :D Especially regarding the shields. That stacking nonsense was absolute cancer.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    No more acolytes stacking shields and portals no longer getting shields? Awesome.
This discussion has been closed.