test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170112.0058d.55 - Misc Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Foxbatcon
  • Added preview images for action figures.
  • Added Massive Rocket costume.
  • Added Fisticuffs aura.

Added new perks for using the temporary devices found during the event:
Cheaply Made Ping Pong Gun
  • 10: Ping Pong
  • 50: Ball Pit
  • 250: Rapid Fire
  • 1000: Deadly Contraption
  • 5000: Wall of Fire

Cheaply Made Bubblegum Gun
  • 10: Chew On This
  • 50: Gum Chewer
  • 250: Gumdrop
  • 1000: Gooey
  • 5000: Kick Butt and Chew Gum

Cheaply Made Seismic Ping Pong Ball
  • 10: Seismic
  • 50: Seismic Disaster
  • 250: Ten Ton Weight
  • 1000: Anvil
  • 5000: Look Out!

Foam Finger Slap
  • 10: Slap Fest
  • 50: Slappy
  • 250: Slapster
  • 1000: Slapstick
  • 5000: Smacked Down

Cheaply Made Throwing Pins
  • 10: Tacked On
  • 50: Pin Up
  • 250: Pin Collector
  • 1000: Fan Fair
  • 5000: Pincushion

Trout Slap
  • 10: Stinky
  • 50: Smelly
  • 250: Slimy
  • 1000: Gross
  • 5000: Eww

Misc
  • Added Fun Nullifier Device to the Caprice vendors. Equipping this device will prevent the use of vanity devices (like tacos and snowballs) on you.
  • Corrected male Roinesh feet from not connecting properly to legs.
  • Corrected male bird people legs from not connecting properly to feet.
  • Corrected alpha channels on one of the magic belt accessories.
  • Added a choice between Questionite or until tokens for mon/lem crisis dailies.
  • Changed Nemcon and Therakiel daily missions to begin their cooldown reset upon accepting the missions.
  • Added a choice between SCR or Questionite for the Apocalypse Aversion daily mission.
  • Added Hyper Blade weapon to the Questionite store. This weapon skin is available on Heavy Weapons, Martial Arts bladed weapons and as a back piece.
  • Added White Krackle auras to the debugger.
  • Added Left and Right individual Krackle Power hand auras to the debugger. These are lighter versions of the Krackle auras.
  • A mysterious vendor has appeared somewhere in the game who will take certain seemingly useless items and exchange them for something neat.
​​

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Cheaply Made Bubblegum Gun
    • 10: Chew On This
    • 50: Gum Chewer
    • 250: Gumdrop
    • 1000: Gooey
    • 5000: Kick Butt and Chew Gum
    7fd.png
    Added a choice between SCR or Questionite for the Apocalypse Aversion daily mission.
    I don't understand why all the new dailies give a choice instead of giving them both
    all the alert dailies had been giving both SCR and Q, why the change of the reward formula in the new ones?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I really hope the Fun Nullifier puts a buff/debuff on the player along the lines of "Fuddy Duddy" :D

Now, excuse me while I go get my delightfully-vulgar "Ball Pit" title.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    Well at the very least, I hope the Fun Nullifier also prevents the user from using vanity devices like snowballs and tacos while active.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The foxbatcon temp device perks will be rather hard to get with the devices that only work on foes (I guess I can go hunting purple gang?).

I'd hope the fun nullifier only works in social instances. If you're standing around next to defender you deserve to be a target.
    The foxbatcon temp device perks will be rather hard to get with the devices that only work on foes (I guess I can go hunting purple gang?).
    They shouldn't be that bad. Assuming there's no bugs, dueling someone, leaving the ren center, or hitting dummies in the powerhouse should all be options.​​
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    "A mysterious vendor has appeared somewhere in the game who will take certain seemingly useless items and exchange them for something neat." Can we ask where?
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    avianos said:

I don't understand why all the new dailies give a choice instead of giving them both

If they gave both then they'd have to give less. I'd rather have them give more and be able to choose which currency I need for that character. Not take less of the currency I need and more of the currency I don't need.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

"A mysterious vendor has appeared somewhere in the game who will take certain seemingly useless items and exchange them for something neat." Can we ask where?

If this was added for testing in the PTS, not disclosing the location for proper testing makes it kinda counterproductive.

If keeping the locatation secret is super hyper important, maybe add a clone of that NPC next to debugger?
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

If this was added for testing in the PTS, not disclosing the location for proper testing makes it kinda counterproductive.

If keeping the locatation secret is super hyper important, maybe add a clone of that NPC next to debugger?
    Agreed.
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Is it possible to have the Nullifier Device in the VIP Lounge as well as Club Caprice? Not everyone likes to venture in there...
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Alright, first person to find this vendor post their location here for everyone please. -_-
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Is it the bloke on Monster Island who sells Timeshares? I never did understand what the point of that was.

Is it the bloke on Monster Island who sells Timeshares? I never did understand what the point of that was.

It gets you a perk.
    edited March 2017

1.It gives you a Perk
    2.It's a Reference/easten egg to Tom Nook from Animal Crossing (hence the Manimal Crossing perk) You know that darn loan shark Tanuki who basically owns you​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
    The is no way vanity devices are that big of a problem that they need a device to stop them.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    They break my immersion, man.

It's a Reference/easten egg to Tom Nook from Animal Crossing (hence the Manimal Crossing perk) You know that darn loan shark Tanuki who basically owns you​​

Oh, ok. i think. What?
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

The is no way vanity devices are that big of a problem that they need a device to stop them.

They never bothered me either. But some players are very easily disturbed. If anything happens to their character they cannot control they freak out..so now we have a device to counter a device. *shrugs*

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    gradii said:

aesica said:

I really hope the Fun Nullifier puts a buff/debuff on the player along the lines of "Fuddy Duddy" :D

Now, excuse me while I go get my delightfully-vulgar "Ball Pit" title.​​

Nope it does not. they were smart enough not to penalize people for not enjoying random harassment.
    You say it as if it's not an opinion.
    edited March 2017
    Added Fisticuffs aura.
    YAOI HANDS: THE AURA
    MeHxCq5.png​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    I test the No Fun Allowed device and I can safely say that it prevent things like the Party Cannon from effecting you. Also, the Fist Aura also increase your weapon's size.
    Even if 100% of all people in existence shared an opinion, that opinion is still an opinion. The plural of "opinion" isn't "fact".

I'm not saying that putting that item in was a bad idea, but the fact that some view something as harassment and others do not doesn't suddenly make one side a fact. That's it.
    gradii said:

Even if 100% of all people in existence shared an opinion, that opinion is still an opinion. The plural of "opinion" isn't "fact".

I'm not saying that putting that item in was a bad idea, but the fact that some view something as harassment and others do not doesn't suddenly make one side a fact. That's it.

It doesn't make it wrong either. there IS a fact that some people don't like having these "Fun" things used on them. The presence of others who do like it does not change this..
    Of course. So what?
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    In fairness, nobody else said anything but about facts. This has nothing to do with PTS stuff, either.
    qawsada said:

I test the No Fun Allowed device and I can safely say that it prevent things like the Party Cannon from effecting you. Also, the Fist Aura also increase your weapon's size.

It sure does! I wonder if it will work with the growth device; if it does, then the character's hands would actually match the body. As for the No Fun Allowed device it's just another choice to have in the game. I dont have a problem with people using fun devices on my toons but it can be annoying if you are trying to use the trainers/vendors/mission npc's. So for me, I would only use it if I am engaged heavily in those activities.

I wouldn't say it's harassment but the fact that the devs went out of there way to make something to block it by folks annoyed by it, is a loud enough statement that they received enough complaints about it, to do something about it.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    same as they made an anti party ball item in STO.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    darqaura2 said:

I wouldn't say it's harassment but the fact that the devs went out of there way to make something to block it by folks annoyed by it, is a loud enough statement that they received enough complaints about it, to do something about it.
    I would definitely call it harassment, and I find no reason not to. But I also acknowledge that it's merely my opinion.
    edited March 2017

darqaura2 said:

I would definitely call it harassment, and I find no reason not to. But I also acknowledge that it's merely my opinion.
    Right, but our opinions on the matter one way or another are irrelevant. The fact that there is a patch note (means someone created/coded something for it) addressing the issue, means factually it was large enough for the devs to want to address.

Or the devs predict it could become one so they are taking a pre-emptive step. But with CO's resources the way they are, I doubt this was done preemptively.

AKA: the devs saw it as a problem for whatever reason and decided to address it.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Not all players enjoyed the vanity device items being used on them, so now they have a choice to opt out. Foxbatcon is likely going to see heavier use of these devices due to their availability and new perks associated with them, so we wanted to make sure it was available.

If your comment regarding the Fun Nullifier device doesn't pertain to the functionality of it, please take it to another thread.​​
    edited March 2017
    kaizerin said:

If your comment regarding the Fun Nullifier device doesn't pertain to the functionality of it, please take it to another thread.​​

Make sure that the fun nullifier device also makes you unable to use any of those cosmetic items. You shouldn't be able to use anything you're immune to.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

Make sure that the fun nullifier device also makes you unable to use any of those cosmetic items. You shouldn't be able to use anything you're immune to.

Yes, this needs to be a thing, has anyone tested to make sure this is the way it is? Otherwise, it just means you allow the person to "harass" others without retribution.
    edited March 2017
    I kinda wish the device was applied for Drayasha Gas Spray body deformation, but again thats not a fun device but a buff one

Better yet, can you remove the Body transformation from Drayasha Gas?
    It may be not noticable for females but its obnoxious for males​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    avianos said:

I kinda wish the device was applied for Drayasha Gas Spray body deformation, but again thats not a fun device but a buff one

CAN YOU NOT >:(
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I agree. Wish it would happen.
    avianos said:

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Posts: 20 Arc User

kaizerin said:

I don't know how much of a pain it would be to code, but maybe it could have some kind of "turnabout is fair play" effect that nullifies the nullifier for 20 seconds or so after you use one of the prank items so that people can get you back.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Make a fun device nullifier nullifier, so we can shoot people and turn off their nullifiers owo the war begins
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Don't do anything else with this. Let's move on
    Not all players enjoyed the vanity device items being used on them, so now they have a choice to opt out. Foxbatcon is likely going to see heavier use of these devices due to their availability and new perks associated with them, so we wanted to make sure it was available.

If your comment regarding the Fun Nullifier device doesn't pertain to the functionality of it, please take it to another thread.
    I still think it should change the facial expression of those who use it into a fuddy-duddy grumpy face.
    soulforger wrote: »
    Yes, this needs to be a thing, has anyone tested to make sure this is the way it is? Otherwise, it just means you allow the person to "harass" others without retribution.
    I might as well just list the results in bug red because it can't be intended to work this way, but...

Currently, you can have a fun nullifier device equipped and still use fun vanity items on other targets. This cannot be working as intended.​​
    aesica said:

If your comment regarding the Fun Nullifier device doesn't pertain to the functionality of it, please take it to another thread.

I still think it should change the facial expression of those who use it into a fuddy-duddy grumpy face.

soulforger wrote: »

I might as well just list the results in bug red because it can't be intended to work this way, but...

Currently, you can have a fun nullifier device equipped and still use fun vanity items on other targets. This cannot be working as intended.​​

Hmm.. I have to agree on that one. It sounds like that is how the Fun Nullifier would work if Fobxat himself uses it.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    So you want a device specifically designed to prevent vanity devices from adding unwanted effects to someone elses character to then itself add an unwanted effect to someone elses character. That seems to counter the purpose of the device. Just because you find something fun doesn't mean others find it fun.

Though I do agree those who use the fun nullifier should then not be allowed to use the vanity items that they are themselves are trying to avoid.
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Seriously, we can't test this merchant if we don't know where he is.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    My last comment just went *POOF!*...... damn buggy forums.
    kriss94 said:

Seriously, we can't test this merchant if we don't know where he is.

You're not supposed to test it. If you were it wouldn't be hidden.

It's super secret.

*cough*d.e.v.t.o.k.e.n.s.*cough*

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
This discussion has been closed.