test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Super Serum Passive

vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
edited February 2017 in Suggestions Box
The idea here is basically a totally selfish AoPM. So, no aura just a boost to all your stats. Thematically, you've taken some kind of "human perfection serum", or some such thing. Make the passive work with DPS and Hybrid roles. However, give it an additional bonus to all damage in Hybrid.

My aim is to create a nice "jack of all trades" dps-ish option. And to help enable ranged/melee hybrid builds.

Numbers wise, it shouldn't provide the raw dps of some other damage-oriented passives. The well-rounded aspect of the extra stats should make up for having less total firepower.

Comments

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    So.. what a version of Aura of Ebon Distruction, but without the crit effect and ally buffing?

and to balance it out to make it not just AoED but worse..make it give you a slight damage resistance.. so it'd be [for example] +50% all damage and +50% damage resistance?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Or maybe it could function as a jack-of-all-trades, but without the raw stat manipulation of AoPM. Minor(ish) boosts to Dodge & Avoidance, Crit+Severity, Offense, and Defense. Maybe add in some Energy Management help and a boost to HP. The effect would be much the same as bumping the stats, but it would be a different way of getting there.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    vonqball said:

The idea here is basically a totally selfish AoPM. So, no aura just a boost to all your stats. Thematically, you've taken some kind of "human perfection serum", or some such thing. Make the passive work with DPS and Hybrid roles. However, give it an additional bonus to all damage in Hybrid.

My aim is to create a nice "jack of all trades" dps-ish option. And to help enable ranged/melee hybrid builds.

Numbers wise, it shouldn't provide the raw dps of some other damage-oriented passives. The well-rounded aspect of the extra stats should make up for having less total firepower.

An interesting idea, and wouldn't be terribly overpowered.
    jonesing4 said:

Or maybe it could function as a jack-of-all-trades, but without the raw stat manipulation of AoPM. Minor(ish) boosts to Dodge & Avoidance, Crit+Severity, Offense, and Defense. Maybe add in some Energy Management help and a boost to HP. The effect would be much the same as bumping the stats, but it would be a different way of getting there.

This on the otherhand would be overpowered. The reason that an AoPM like stat boost is good bjt not overpowering is due to how passives scale and how stats work. A direct percentage boost to everything would result in substantial bonuses all around, while direct stat boosts only results in a small bonus all around with a seemingly more substantial bonus to your prefered stats.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    raighn said:

This on the otherhand would be overpowered. The reason that an AoPM like stat boost is good bjt not overpowering is due to how passives scale and how stats work. A direct percentage boost to everything would result in substantial bonuses all around, while direct stat boosts only results in a small bonus all around with a seemingly more substantial bonus to your prefered stats.

Only if you made the bonuses too big. Most of those attributes I listed are boosted by superstats via spec trees, thus you're already getting bonuses to things like crit/severity, off/def, etc. when you slot AoPM.
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    IMHO, it would have to be best locked to the Hybrid role, especially if the bonuses stack with AoPM from others. Small bonuses against Knocks and DoTs would be ok, as well as a minor Damage Resistance boost as part of the effects.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    vonqball said:

This is the most common reason I choose AoPM on toons, actually. I would really love a version of this that had no aura, but was perhaps slightly better, or . . . make it no better, but, like Congress of Selves, have no role restriction.

I think it would be great to have a passive like this that wasn't role locked.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    jonesing4 said:

Yeah, I thought about this option too... or some combinations of both a stat boost and various small bonuses. But, I decided that and overall stat boost gives good flexibility, since you can get extra stat effects from spec trees/superstats. Plus it seems like an easy passive to balance, since we already have AoPM to model it on.