test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solo daily/weekly missions for Gold Requisition vendors (more warzone variety)

tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Suggestions Box
I've been looking at the Gold Requisition vendor, the one that sells you stuff for beating down Qwidgy, the Dastardly Dino Duo and Mr IceDoggyTrainer and while some of it would be nice to have, I'm not exactly enjoying the only method of acquisition provided, which is to go and fight one of the three above listed bosses.
I am not counting Shadow Destroyer on this list because I honestly have no idea where he is and I wouldn't go to him even if I did know.

So I am wondering it might be possible to introduce a few more methods of gaining this vendor currency, something that can be done alone whenever you want instead of having to go to a 4 hour respawn timer boss that is a frustration inducing experience even at the best of times.

Obviously, whatever is added would have to be somewhat challenging, but not so that it's another exercise in futility/frustration.
And most likely would have to be restricted to level 40 characters.

There are these kinds of missions in the Q warzone, but I think that is too gameplay restrictive.
To that end, I am proposing the addition of other kinds of warzones to diversify the gameplay.

Like a map where Mechanon's mech army is battling Dr Destroyer's Destroid army.
Or a map where the Irradiates are waging war against Project Greenskin in the desert.
Could even have a map where Argent are battling the Hunter-Patriots.
A space battle map, where you fight enemies on the moon or in interplanetary vacuum.

That's four different themes to explore, robot war, mutants vs soldiers, technology war and space battles.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
Post edited by tilarta on

Comments

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The Qliphothic Warzone has such missions already, Tilarta.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    That explains why I was unaware of them, the game put the missions in an area of the game I will never visit.
    I just find it boring is all.
    Where's the invading army of mechs, the radiation crazed mutants, the technological superiorists?
    Mythical monsters don't engage my interests, no matter what rewards you attach to them.

So I guess they need to diversify more, add other kinds of warzones that will actually get me invested in playing.
    And add some gold vendor currency missions to those areas so I can go to them instead.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    tilarta said:

That explains why I was unaware of them, the game put the missions in an area of the game I will never visit.

THAT'S INTERESTING O3O
    tilarta said:

I just find it boring is all.
    Where's the invading army of mechs, the radiation crazed mutants, the technological superiorists?
    Mythical monsters don't engage my interests, no matter what rewards you attach to them.

So I guess they need to diversify more, add other kinds of warzones that will actually get me invested in playing.
    And add some gold vendor currency missions to those areas so I can go to them instead.

Yeah everything is boring and we want more stuff. Good suggestion. ( o _ o)=b
  • Options
    tilarta said:

Obviously, whatever is added would have to be somewhat challenging, but not so that it's another exercise in futility/frustration.
    And most likely would have to be restricted to level 40 characters.

There are these kinds of missions in the Q warzone, but I think that is too gameplay restrictive.
    To that end, I am proposing the addition of other kinds of warzones to diversify the gameplay.

I am not sure what you mean here?

Is this about thematic preferences (don't like magic/fantasy/monsters)? Or is this about difficulty soloing with particular builds?

Easy-to-solo, fast-GCR missions will not be made by the devs.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Thematic preferences.
    You are correct that I do not like magic/fantasy/monsters.
    As listed above, I prefer sci-fi concepts.

I've already had to quit one major superhuman mmo because the Devs foccussed excessively on the theme I did not like, making the majority of the game dependent on doing it to get my endgame loot/gear.
    At this current stage of the game, it looks like the CO Devs have repeated that mistake.

That's why I want some more variety in the kinds of warzones, so I have something I enjoy playing to earn my GCR.

Not having gone to the current warzone, I don't know how the GCR missions/acquisition system works or how easy/difficult it is.
    Or even if they can be done solo.

I assume based on my Mechanon test data, my DPS is going to have the hardest time with endgame content.
    She ranked lowest of all the 4 in survivability.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    They've actually been putting out a variety of themes in the content they've been producing/revamping. For example TA is your more traditional sci-fi super hero shtick, and two of the four cosmics are some sort of jungle monster thing. The other two cosmics are magicky stuff as is the warzone. Right now they're doing a thing with those cowboy robots. They're keeping variety in mind. Just wait and your theme will come around on the sushi conveyor belt.

• Options
    Ah, true--Cowboy Robots open mission update.

Granted, no GCR for that.

Still, I think you'll just have to wait. Maybe another warzone will open, with a different theme. I must admit a space-themed one would be great.

• Options
    nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    You can run the QWZ dailies for a whopping 1GCR a day. Hooray!
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
  • Options
    That's the rate you can expect for solo content. GCR is meant to be awarded from tough team content ~.^
  • Options
    nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    That many people definitely has a sanity check to it.
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Still, I think you'll just have to wait. Maybe another warzone will open, with a different theme. I must admit a space-themed one would be great.

I didn't think of that.
    It would be interesting to see.

What enemies/allies would we have?
    Aside from Elder Worms and possibly humanoid Lemurians, I can't recall any enemy faction ingame that wears an Environment Suit.
    So if they don't use them, they'd have to give an existing faction spacesuits.

I think the Cryptic Engine already has a function for low G environments, so maybe that code could be used in the space warzone.

And yes, I expect I'll have to wait quite a while to get a warzone more to my liking.
    Based on STO, that's probably about a year away, it took them that long to get a second warzone added.
    I can be patient just as long as it is in their plan somewhere to add more warzones.

• Options
    I really want to see a continuation of Whiteout--the Ro'Inesh.