test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Laser Sword Skins

vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
Thanks for the nice new laser sword powers. Now, can we get some weapon appearance options for the set?

I would personally like to see...

A broader energized sword (suitable for larger heroes)

A magical energy blade (for the synergy with arcane)

A laser-edged Katana (cyber samurai!)

Some of the existing models could work well. Adding a glow effect to the robot samurai sword might look pretty sweet.

Comments

• revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Some new skins for the hilt/handle would be nice. I have no idea where they were coming from with the weird angled crossguard thingy.
    • Simple tube. (Gundam, A New Hope)
    • Bell guard. (Harlock, Treasure Planet)
    • Invisible. (ie: integrated into your armor, not an Obvious Accessible Focus)
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I'd be happy if they just allowed all of the MA skins as-is for Laser Swords. I wouldn't even care if they had fancy particle effects or whatever. We do have Laser Sword skins in MA blades, so what's the difference?​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    It's really dissapointing they didn't gave Laser Swords new weapon skins

heck Variable Robot concept art HAD a laser sword weapon skin which never made into the final product

I would like to use the Meltdown ultimate on non-LS characters, but LS don't have imaginary weapons :/

speaking of the ultimate, you should try it once it gets cheap
    Good damage, good animation​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2016
    Gonna chime in here and say that directly porting MA skins isn't an option.
    The laser fx is built directly into laser sword powers (the same way the bow string is for archery powers, this cannot be removed), and any laser sword skin costume has to work with the fx. We could take the hilts of old costumes and rework them for Laser swords, but it's unlikely we'd retrofit all of them.

A couple skins have been added to pts, and there will likely be more added in the future.

Also weapons that use fx like this can't ever be made truly invisible...once again much like the invisible archery bows still displaying their bow string fx.​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    kaizerin said:

...once again much like the invisible archery bows still displaying their bow string fx.​​

Is it possible to remove the bow string fx from the bows @kaizerin ? I'm pretty sure that under that fx is just plain bow strings (which is more suitable, visually)......... I used to be able to show it by spamming the weapons bind process a few times, but can't seem to do it anymore.

I did hear a rumour that the bow string fx were originally just supposed to be on the Laser Bow (which would make sense), but somehow got put on them all. Dunno how true this is though.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    The laser fx is built directly into laser sword powers (the same way the bow string is for archery powers, this cannot be removed), and any laser sword skin costume has to work with the fx.

That doesn't make sense. Shouldn't the fx be attached to a mesh? Shouldn't the powers just be in a big old database with pointers to meshes? It makes me sad that it sound like you're saying that my farting around modding Bethesda's games is amazingly sophisticated and easy compared to whatever ghetto tools Cryptic has.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I think the News page Toybox Lockbox's picture has a new Lasersword skin showing.

How does one even shoot regular arrows with an laserstring???
    I mean i could go with laserarrows with laserstring...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • herodad1herodad1 Posts: 270 Arc User
    laser sword would look cool coming out of a characters fist/ hand. :smile:
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

The laser fx is built directly into laser sword powers (the same way the bow string is for archery powers, this cannot be removed), and any laser sword skin costume has to work with the fx.

Well... I can think of some ways of integrating the laser sword effect into other skins. A translucent blade with a glowing core might look interesting (if done well). A chunky hilt that extends along the back of the laser (to give a glowing edge effect) might be a nice option too.