test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Martial Arbiter

vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
So... here is an oddball build I came up with. Arbiter mastery was the core of this build, everything else was added to support and enhance this keystone. Is arbiter mastery really worth building around? I have no clue... but here's what I came up with....

Celestial Master - Freeform

Super Stats
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Master (Con: 10, Str: 10, Dex: 10, Rec: 8)
Level 6: Enduring (Con: 8)
Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 15: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
Level 18: Survival Training (Dex: 3, Con: 3, Pre: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)
Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Vicious Strikes
Level 1: Thundering Kicks (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
Level 6: Lightning Reflexes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
Level 11: Compassion
Level 14: Steadfast
Level 17: Arc of Ruin (Rank 2, No Quarter, Challenge!)
Level 20: Iron Chain (Demolishion, Challenge!)
Level 23: Palliate (Absolve)
Level 26: Conviction (Reverence)
Level 29: Thunderbolt Lunge
Level 32: Parry (Rank 2, The Elusive Monk)
Level 35: Lock N Load (Two Smoking Barrels)
Level 38: Redemption
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics (Versatility)
Level 35: Magic Carpet (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
Constitution: Tough (3/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Deflection (3/3)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Arbiter: Enforcer (3/3)
Arbiter: Ruthless (2/2)
Arbiter: Honor (2/2)
Arbiter: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Reactive Strikes (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Arbiter Mastery (1/1)

Any thoughts, tweaks, or critiques?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Not too sure if this build does enough damage to hold aggro. Maybe adding defensive combo in and alternating between that and T-kicks (for the extra threat) would help. Also, might substitute Parry for another block to crank up the dps by a smidge.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Arbiter Mastery isn't really that great, imo, but you can still make a decent build around it- say if you wanted to be a tank that helps heal melee allies a bit (though there's other ways of going about that- I am fond of healing runes like Pillar now that can also debuff). Only other main reason to consider Arbiter atm is Concussion for dmg debuffing, but against bosses the shortened duration means you pretty much want ur main attack to stun innately (which no combos do reliably afaik- BBeatdown can but that's a lower %proc). Rend is decent too, but 4% -resist isn't huge either.

Anyways, that build could work.. ES/NM as the AO can help w/ dps/threat, as could using FotT as the toggle instead (lower bonus heal, ofc, but could also ditch Rec gearing for Compassion for more Dex/crit, and that opens up other SS options like STR/Dex/Con, and iirc the Mastery scales off of health% and not bonus heal). I am also a bit curious as to why you took a threat wipe like Palliate/Absolve on a tank build (there can be reasons for it, but its def unconventional)- similar issue w/ taking an ally res as a tank (again, can work, but its not usually practical). Steadfast is also not gonna proc from many attacks, but I guess here that mostly only matters for AoE.

Reverence on Conviction will prob be too weak to justify on a non-Support build. Mine as well take that to R3, or maybe take an AD like R2 Resurgence instead. Honor also prob won't be procing on anything here (aside from Palliate on allies, but that's obv not practical)- last I checked, neither Rev on Conviction nor the Mastery work for Honor when healing allies w/ them, and neither do self-heals like BCR (as intended).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Argh! Honor is one of those finicky effects to proc it seems. Yeah, I thought Reverence would proc Honor. I added Paliate to use on DPSers that grabbed aggro from me (I often play with a small team of 2-3).

Yeah going with FotM instead of Compassion seems like a more practical route. Or, I could take Pre instead of Rec and maybe go with Sentinel over Warden... If Sentinel Aura procs Honor.

I was planning to mostly spam TKicks, so that is the reason for steadfast. I also originally had 100 Hands and Burning Chi Fist in the build. Not sure how the added dimensional damage from BCF compares with the defense de-buff from Arc of Ruin, for buffing TKicks.