test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160914.0328b.10 - Sacred Costume and Virtuous Gear

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Misc
  • Added Virtuous Gear to the GCR store. This gear is on par with Justice and Distinguished and is more oriented towards healer typed characters.
  • Updated tooltips for Justice, Distinguished and Virtuous.
  • Added Sacred costume set to the GCR store. The textures on this set are still being worked on.
  • Wil-o-Wisp has received FX.
  • Bloodmoon has been enabled on PTS.
  • Negalodon may appear on PTS...

Comments

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Bloodmoon has been enabled on PTS.

Bug: Devices from the Dweomer Vendor and from the Debugger do not currently scale to the player's level and appear to be trying to scale as though they are Lv6 items.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    Oooh Healer type !! let's see how it goes!
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    BUG: the +38 bonus healing don't apply, has no effect on heals and shield, the offense gear give 15% bonus healing with x2 R9 core it's 76 bonus healing and with the gear it must be 114 (if you have the entire set as i tested in pts) the 38% bonus healing has no effect at all, on heals and shields
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    TYPO:

Virtuous Armor of Agility lists one of the sets bonuses as "+10 to all non-Super Stats". Judging by the other pieces' descriptions, this should read "+10% resistance to all damage".
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    I somehow misreaded it as Virtuoso Gear
    More Endgame gear? yes please!
    Variety is always good
    Added Sacred costume set to the GCR store. The textures on this set are still being worked on.

a whole costume set in GCR?
    I'm looking forward to see how does it look like *(if someone could post pictures, I would be grateful~)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited September 2016
    Thanks @Aiqa for the screenshot

ak5LyzHFUjF_jnySfArH55QnpBbFXIiITM5rZDx49eg?size_mode=5&dl=0&size=32x32

Overall, this is a really pretty costume, despite some pieces are Hit and Miss (the shoulderpads are a must have)
    I can sense this is a Variation of the Avian warrior pack armour and I LOVE IT! Will fit my Knights

The lack of Chest piece is really obvious and makes the set look incomplete

Question: Does the set has a Chest Armour? is it still in development?
    If it wont, i will say this would be pretty dissapointing :neutral:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Simple question/suggestion/observation, are measures going to be taken to stop OVs from taking advantage of the bloodmoon crypts?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • rafahil893rafahil893 Posts: 50 Arc User
    Bug: Spectral Aura disables when the color is changed.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Bug: Seraphim [celetial passive] is listed under "buff self" in power selection
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    edited September 2016
    Bug: can't channel soul beam through head/chest
    Bug: pestilence is listed under "buff self" category
    suggestion: crashing incantation could use a damage buff to put it in line with other spike ultimate abilities
    suggestion: Soul beam could also use damage buff
    suggestion: enable movement for the Soul Beam
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    notyuu said:

Simple question/suggestion/observation, are measures going to be taken to stop OVs from taking advantage of the bloodmoon crypts?

Good question/suggestion/observation. While we're on the subject, please consider making OV's ineffective for ALL MC open missions, event or otherwise. As the devs continue to produce new content, I personally would not like to see new open missions in MC that OV's can easily take advantage of.

Suggestion: The OV should immediately be disabled and the cooldown started as soon as an OV toon gets in range of an open mission (When the Team Up button appears).

Thanks for that screenshot @aiqua, I cant wait to try it out myself. I like the wings on the helm; please consider adding those wings (smaller version, of course) to the foot accessory. I agree with @avianos that chest armor options are needed (full and half torso options, please). I also think that armored gauntlets and more bracer options are needed as well.

Question: will there be half helmet options as well?

P.S. Can someone tell me how to post suggestions and bugs with color? I do not see a color drop down menu for the text box.

suggestion:I think this glorious set could use bigger chest and bracer pieces. Kinda looks empty especially with those giant boots
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    kyastral said:

P.S. Can someone tell me how to post suggestions and bugs with color? I do not see a color drop down menu for the text box.

textincolor
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day

suggestion:I think this glorious set could use bigger chest and bracer pieces. Kinda looks empty especially with those giant boots

Question: what do you have to do to unlock the Long War perk wall that this costume set sits behind in order to test it?
    Bug: Dwoemer still has Servitor Serum listed in the rewards description, unless that device is making a comback. *hopeful* o:)
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    There's no reason to change the event auras from BoA to BoP. BoA Auras were a better incentive to keep people interested in the events.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    draogn said:

There's no reason to change the event auras from BoA to BoP. BoA Auras were a better incentive to keep people interested in the events.

All event auras seem to have been changed to BoP. Not coincidentally, I've stopped bothering with event auras.

draogn said:

All event auras seem to have been changed to BoP. Not coincidentally, I've stopped bothering with event auras.
    I've stopped bothering with the events, especially events that haven't really changed since they've been in game.

• magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I like Bloodmoon, as an event. Nicely balanced and there's decent stuff to collect at all stages - although presumably Servitor has been nerfed into the ground?

Random suggestion, then. If Servitor is an ex-parrot then can I suggest the following as replacements?

1) Turkarian Strength - obtained from defeating Strength of Takofanes. Gives +750 maximum health, +25 STR and EGO for 15 seconds. 90 second cooldown on re-use.

2) Turkarian Serum - obtained from defeating the end boss/Harbinger. Allows you to bring a fellow hero back from the brink of defeat. Power has 15 second charge time, 5 minute cooldown. Hero is restored to life with 5% of their base HP.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

draogn said:

A yup.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Auras that drop from the circles or bosses are BoE. All you buy from the store are BoP.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

draogn said:

It seems when you get an aura as a drop reward, it is Bind on Equip. When you have to purchase it with event currency, its Bind on pickup. This happened to me with the Soaked Aura; I got it as reward drop from the Mega D event and it is Bind on Equip. It is also in the Anniversary store, where it is Bind on Pickup.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Bloodmoon bosses need to be tougher. Literally just higher defenses and health, and perhaps do a bit more damage.

Otherwise, a group of three or four Cosmic-equipped toons (or vehicles) melt them away in a few minutes.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Bloodmoon bosses need to be tougher. Literally just higher defenses and health, and perhaps do a bit more damage.

Otherwise, a group of three or four Cosmic-equipped toons (or vehicles) melt them away in a few minutes.

This is a good point. This was a problem in previous years as well. One person in a vehicle could wipe the floor with any of the Bloodmoon bosses. I think various measures have been suggested including giving Bloodmoon bosses greater range and NTTG. Personally, I think Bloodmoon bosses need to get buffs similar to those Clarence currently has. The Turakian undead could use some buffs too - maybe lift a couple of the enemy group adjustments from the Q-warzone.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    kyastral said:

draogn said:

It seems when you get an aura as a drop reward, it is Bind on Equip. When you have to purchase it with event currency, its Bind on pickup. This happened to me with the Soaked Aura; I got it as reward drop from the Mega D event and it is Bind on Equip. It is also in the Anniversary store, where it is Bind on Pickup.
    The store is the problem, especially considering how many tokens they require. They should be bind to account on equip or bind to account. As they originally were there is nothing gained by making them BoP.

This is a good point. This was a problem in previous years as well. One person in a vehicle could wipe the floor with any of the Bloodmoon bosses. I think various measures have been suggested including giving Bloodmoon bosses greater range and NTTG. Personally, I think Bloodmoon bosses need to get buffs similar to those Clarence currently has. The Turakian undead could use some buffs too - maybe lift a couple of the enemy group adjustments from the Q-warzone.

We need fewer things taking away our travel powers not more.

Why are we trying to limit the usefulness of vehicles even more?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Auras that drop from the circles or bosses are BoE. All you buy from the store are BoP.

The problem is that it's bind to character, not bind to acct.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
    Mini Update: FC.31.20160914.0328b.11
    • Added Kitten shoulders to the debugger.
    • Negalodon has been spawned nearby the crashed Qularr ship in MC. He has been Cosmic scaled and we are testing his attacks and seeing how an enemy that can move in 3D space interacts with players.

After testing out the crypts and bosses, I can understand this point. I think the zone limit needs to be at 50 players to prevent zones quickly mopped up by cosmic/justice-equipped teams. In Legion Gear/Cosmic secondaries it was a good challenge, Merc gave me a bit of a hassle but not enough to constantly wipe with, as well as Heroic. Heirloom (aurum) was ok, but I found myself constantly blocking and attacking very little. Anything I tried lower than those and I was wiping a lot, hard.

I've noticed that the trapped spirit in the corner of the crypt is still there: will that ever be fixed or taken away?

Zombies (the ones around the zombie hero) were reaching me with their attacks at 200ft (not sure if this is new, if not please correct me). This will definately force some players to change their tatics.

Crypt zombies aggro and spawn from their coffins faster now. If you have a fast travel you can still move past them; however, they will notice you more and you may find yourself getting more driveby hits.

Thank you devs for not changing the q box drops in the crypts and for leaving the devices in Dwoemer's store Bind on Equip.

Question: *Will the Ghost Ship be making a comeback?* I was not able to zone into Vibora Bay to find out.
    Bug?: Negalodon seems to be stuck to the grass instead of fully floating in the air.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Any screen shots of the kitten shoulders?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
    Devices in the store will become bop. Event store items in general will be this way.
    The devices will also drop elsewhere and those will be boe.

Ghost Ship's status is still undecided.
    kaizerin said:

Devices in the store will become bop. Event store items in general will be this way.

Thanks for the reply; guess that was wishful thinking on my part about the devices. :)
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Tested out the shoulder kitten, and saw a couple of other shinies :)

1.) Shoulder kitten is adorable, but the texture is a bit wonky. The Glow masking is off, and it's making her eyes glow oddly. It would be nice if it came in tuxedo, tabby and calico flavors.

2.) Trident!!! There are trident and voodoo stick weapons in the PTS store. The trident currently unlocks an acoustic guitar...but hopefully that'll change soon. The stick is rather fun though, and should be fun for building a witch doctor character.

3.) There is an NPC: Skull Cane listed in the tailor. Not sure what plans there are for it, but It looks gorgeous!
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yes, the shoulder kitten's eyes are just to dark or something, set them to a light color and could barely see them, and this was without glow. Otherwise, adorable. As for one with a tuxedo, tabby flavored, or calico flavored, those would have to come in later as the kitten is Oct's gold reward.
  • soo...where's our monthly gold reward for october? it usually shows up on PTS a week in advance of the monthly turnover​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    kaizerin said:

But why? If someone grinds the tokens why does it need to be bop? They're still spending the same amount of time, by making devices and auras bop you remove incentive for some players to participate. The effects of this can be seen in the current event.

We have too many token grinds now, and with the recog vendor prices being absurd, all this will do is lead to players getting burnt. That does little to help the game.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    The rewards should be changed so that Cosmic/Justice equipped teams aren't interested and more inclined to go and play with, and by, themselves, on the content scaled for them, rather than trying to scale up everything else to their level of challenge, which would just result in no-one else bothering. The game isn't a farm for the 50 players who want all the toys, and currently there seems to be a big issue with getting anyone else interested in playing events. This wouldn't help at all.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Bind on Pickup:

On Hand: I like the idea that certain rewards match the character who earned it. This makes sense to me.

Other Hand: Gosh, there are lots of currencies, bound to each character. I now skip many event rewards/mini missions because the reward isn't something I can use on my current toons, and I can't auction stuff I get with the currency. I stopped Anniversary each week once one of my toons got the BoP award I wanted that week, usually after the second or third day.

Anyway, BoP is here to stay. Asking the devs to change that isn't helping. Instead, the devs are trying to offer more rewards, and a wider range of rewards, so that more toons might get something useful/interesting.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    The only reason I picked up any BoP rewards was because I had extra favor. Auras are costume pieces and should be bind to account (like they used to be) and should behave like costumes and vehicles.

soo...where's our monthly gold reward for october? it usually shows up on PTS a week in advance of the monthly turnover​​

Shoulder Kittens is the Gold Reward for October. :D
    edited September 2016
    What will happen to the LAST Year Bloodmoon Auras which I have stored in my Hideout Bank? (and which I end up not using at all)​​
    avianos said:

What will happen to the LAST Year Bloodmoon Auras which I have stored in my Hideout Bank? (and which I end up not using at all)​​

Good question. I have used mine on a couple of different toons since they are bound to account. Hopefully those versions will stay that way since I also keep them in my shared bank account when not in use/transit.
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Added Sacred costume set to the GCR store. The textures on this set are still being worked on.

So, that's not for new lockbox? Or it's a typo, and it's actually PTS store?
    edited September 2016

Tested out the shoulder kitten, and saw a couple of other shinies :)

1.) Shoulder kitten is adorable, but the texture is a bit wonky. The Glow masking is off, and it's making her eyes glow oddly. It would be nice if it came in tuxedo, tabby and calico flavors.

2.) Trident!!! There are trident and voodoo stick weapons in the PTS store. The trident currently unlocks an acoustic guitar...but hopefully that'll change soon. The stick is rather fun though, and should be fun for building a witch doctor character.

3.) There is an NPC: Skull Cane listed in the tailor. Not sure what plans there are for it, but It looks gorgeous!

I had a hard time finding those new toys, but I found them in the Debuger in the Upcoming Loxbox section. Strange...

1.) The Trident is a Heavy Weapon costume piece. I dont know if there is a stab through power for Heavy Weapon, but I bet that power would look cool with the Trident.

2.) The Tiki Club is a Martial Arts Weapon, so bring on the Voodoo Black Belts! Ha! Too bad pure Magic/Sorcery/Telepathy users cant wield a staff; I would love my healer/controllers/dark/elemental toons to have one. (hint hint) ;)
    edited September 2016
    There is an impalement ability. Its called Skewer. I am quite delighted though, as I've already built a HW Lemurian named Mariner. I am quite looking forward to how the trident will pair with him. Now I just need some sort of shark summon ability that works on land :)

Edit: The Kittehs!

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Sadly, this boat has already sailed. The devs are not going to explain their reasoning behind this unfortunate decision, just like they won't for all other bind to character currencies (e.g. gcr/scr). I ran the destroid attack on the HQ a few times, really just to see how those toons' dps stacked up. I got enough currency to finish off the costume unlocks I wanted. Didn't get any of the auras because I don't currently have any characters that could use them. If they had been BoA I would have been more involved. Next year will probably just be a few dps checks and that's it.
    draogn said:

kaizerin said:

But why? If someone grinds the tokens why does it need to be bop? They're still spending the same amount of time, by making devices and auras bop you remove incentive for some players to participate. The effects of this can be seen in the current event.

We have too many token grinds now, and with the recog vendor prices being absurd, all this will do is lead to players getting burnt. That does little to help the game.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

There is an impalement ability. Its called Skewer. I am quite delighted though, as I've already built a HW Lemurian named Mariner. I am quite looking forward to how the trident will pair with him. Now I just need some sort of shark summon ability that works on land :)

Edit: The Kittehs!

Hmm... yeah.. those kitten eyes are too stiff looking.. almost creepy. I agree with @shadowfang240; we need more fur/eye options for the kittens.
  • i didn't say anything about them...i asked what the october sub reward was​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    I think I mentioned the fur options actually :)
This discussion has been closed.