test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Effects

dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
So, Necrullitic Elixir got their effect stripped & carried away as aura (Psionic Flames Aura) .Exact in a manner was suggested here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs/p1
l want to suggest do same with following things:
1. Aspect of the Infernal (Power) - probably only remaining Form with VFX. Strip aura and put it to Drifter store. Call it "Infernal Flames Aura".
2. Elder Worm Humidity Dome (Device) - many bathed in energy players would wish to use it for extra resistance, but translucency doesn't match concept. Inversely there are characters, that would kill for become translucent, but they will have to keep energy over 80%, or else effect fades. So strip effect from Dome & put it to Drifter store as well.

Comments

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Lets not forget Inertial Dampening Field, that still has its VFX. Would like to see it stripped away as well.
  • Options

Lets not forget Inertial Dampening Field, that still has its VFX. Would like to see it stripped away as well.

Inertial Dampening Field imposes flowing graphics not only for user, but for those affected by it as well. And there are no auras, which affect teammates. It's like Redirected Force shield. Nevertheless, there are healing powers, probably it's Iniquity or Conviction, that causes to seize teammates, affected by it. That effect probably should removed.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Another extremely annoying effect is Endbringer's Grasp. It seems like it eats away not only sanity of my foes, but sanity of my PC as well. First it makes horrid screen shake, remove it plz. Second it puts solid shadow on floor, which way trolls Cybermind (remove that effect from Epidemic as well). Last, but not least, it causes its VFX appear when you move away from the point when it was activated, then approach again. Even if there's 5 min/10 min/hour/2 hours/day/week passed from its activation moment, Grasp VFX creates right at a point, where actual power was activated then. It plays full cycle, along with shaking screen. Changing instances or characters cause effect to repeat. This effect lasts until Champions Online.exe application is restarted, which points that something is definitely not right with this power.
  • Options
    Also as much overkill it could be, but why not remove black flames, those are imposed into toon at full speed, and out of combat by Dark Speed? Leave to innate DS effect only glowing, and black trail, also black-purple (or however you tint it) mini-trails behind hands. Return it as Dark Flame aura to Drifter store. This aura wouldn't be tintable then, as in-game effects are implemented.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Points 1 & 2 still waiting to be implemented, and l also want to have one more Darkspeed-like device, because l'm tired of how it shades my toon's cute exterior, either when idling or moving.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    I would like to see the old Aspect of the Bestial effect brought back as an aura...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    raighn said:

I would like to see the old Aspect of the Bestial effect brought back as an aura...

l've no idea how did that look (most likely l entered a game when it was already removed), but yeah, it needs to happen too. Equalize that to legacy Passive auras! Don't forget AoTI & Elderworm Dome, also consider doing something with Darkspeed (or its clone with other graphics).
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    It made you look all furry and scratched up... it was a subtle effect but still nice and useful...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Maybe the visual effect that gets applied to you when you exit water?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Bringing this theme back from the oblivion, because it's still actual.

Maybe the visual effect that gets applied to you when you exit water?

It's already done with Anniversary soaked aura, which unfortunately binds just to single character, due to some flaw.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    right, but that one looks more interesting if you re-color it red.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    But then Radioactive Cosmonaut and Red Radioactive Cosmonaut would lose one effect :( because they both have their aura slots full.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?