test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The website is experiencing technical difficulties. Normal game play is not affected.

Does anyone else have this show up when signing in?

And am I the only one having trouble signing in/staying in game?​​
Proudly F2P
Not anymore
Gold since Christmas 2015

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    you mean like being kicked out and not being able to log back in?
    entire nemcon team twice.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    I was trying to run the Featured Episode in STO. Trying to fight the Krenim ships over New Khitomer, I was rubberbanding like a fool and none of my powers were going off. Finally tried to just pull up the menu and quit - and even that wasn't working. Finally had to use Task Manager to close the game client. I guess the DDoS Kid's at it again. (Hey, come to think of it, Space Cowboy's going to need a Nemesis soon - that's not a bad name...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Got DC'd, can't get back in. >.>​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    time to run updates on a couple of other games.
    and type up new AT bits.​​

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • Options
    nadazdynadazdy Posts: 66 Arc User
    So the RMT losers are screwing up the game again. How nice.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Are we sure this is DDoS again?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User

Are we sure this is DDoS again?

We're sure they're claiming to be behind it. Nothing more and no proofs either.
  • Options
    dragonfist8dragonfist8 Posts: 82 Arc User
    well that explains things. For the past couple of hours, I assumed it was just my computer acting up

• Options
    The server is back up.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    These server problems are getting to be entirely too annoying. It's been acting up all weekend and once again it's acting up for myself as well as other people. I get that it's possibly another DDOS, but it's practically unplayable until it finally calms down.

• Options
    edited February 2016

These server problems are getting to be entirely too annoying. It's been acting up all weekend and once again it's acting up for myself as well as other people. I get that it's possibly another DDOS, but it's practically unplayable until it finally calms down.

The guy doing it confirms it just before it happens every time, so that's definitely what it is. Yesterday I was in game playing fine, get hit with huge lag, immediately check his twitter account, and he posted several minutes before I checked. So he was ahead of the lag spike.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    that figures. Why is it he's able to simply do this whenever he chooses to and it can't be prevented? Also, why haven't any actions been taken towards him?...Can they not track his location?

• Options

that figures. Why is it he's able to simply do this whenever he chooses to and it can't be prevented? Also, why haven't any actions been taken towards him?...Can they not track his location?

Apparently not. This isn't some minor inconvenience to them; every minute the servers are down they are losing money, so they have every motivation to do anything they can to fix it. The fact that this is still ongoing suggests it is not an easy fix. That said, this guy is actually mad at Neverwinter, but all of Cryptic's games share the same servers, so when he attacks one he attacks all.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    mmhm, i'm aware of how the server is setup and hopefully they do figure something out soon :/

• Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Dear Cryptic: NWO is surely making buckets of money. Why not give them their own server so annoyed rmts don't cause spillover damage to the other games?
    Post edited by squirrelloid on
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Query: What magical method should Cryptic employ to prevent DDoS attacks that has apparently not yet been developed and deployed by, say, Sony Entertainment or the US Government? Keep in mind the relative depth of pockets here...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    jonsills said:

Query: What magical method should Cryptic employ to prevent DDoS attacks that has apparently not yet been developed and deployed by, say, Sony Entertainment or the US Government? Keep in mind the relative depth of pockets here...

The same method you said on the STO forums: server clusters in different locations. Other MMO's get attacked just like Cryptic, but they aren't knocked down this often(key word). So the "magical method" I wish for is for PW to reach into their deep pockets and help Cryptic out.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    imma angry boy,imma ddos them. that makes them notice me.imma spechal boy,imma need some attenchon.my momma didn't love me.i need attenchon.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    Maaaaan this is getting old. :(

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    jonsills said:

Prevent? :shrug: I was just pointing out that if we weren't on the same server as NWO, we wouldn't be suffering.

• Options
    If we weren't on the same server, we wouldn't be wiped out by major patches/events on STO and NW.​​

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    On the upside Channel 4+1 ( thats a TV channel name seriously ) is has Predator on at the moment so anyone in UK having server downtime could just watch that ^_^
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    nah, I updated TSW and reminded myself of why I don't play it very often... as in every couple of months maybe.​​

• Options
    nadazdynadazdy Posts: 66 Arc User
    Ah, yes. Another round of this. What fun. -_-
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    connection to account server timed out
    i cri evertme
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Closing this since we don't need multiple threads about the same thing every time this happens.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.