test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Ultimate Healer Build.....Help.

Hey guys so I'm a bit new to the whole healin mojo happening in this game.
I've heard of people being indestructible tanks, ridiculously powerful dps's, but never really heard much of being an extremely powerful healer.

This build I'm making is designed for HEALS. It will do nothing but HEAL. And it will heal with everything its got. The primary focus of this build is to give the highest possible heals in the game and at a fast frequency....no matter what. The build should be able to heal other players in extremely high amounts.
I need the advice from the best of the best, preferably those who know their stuff on heals. Because this build, is designed just for that. And will be 100% heals. Might sacrifice offense, but I'm a healer, I just keep the group alive. Offense is the dps's job, and partly the tank's job for aggro.

Here's what I have so far. Feel free to modify it if you see anything wrong with it.
http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=13&n=Kroxes&d=1536fYOSZVeR0D0K004K100J800J203J905OC05NC05LB03M503FK03N303EM00JB04JE000cks044C0GAM

My theory behind this is that if I can take advantage of critical healing, and hook that up with critical severity, my critical heals will be insane, since critical heals would theoretically be super effective. Since it's got critical healing, I also took Fortify. By choosing ego as my primary, I could use the advantage where my SS's would give critical chance, since I'm going almost all out in Pres.

I chose Sentinel Mastery because this can also further increase frequency of heals, without me doing anything but stunning, the player practically needs to bash on the target to get his/her heals back. The stun I'm using is TK Maelstrom since it stuns and it's an aoe.

Chose Circle of Arcane Power for power management and magical swag.

The main powers I'll be using is Celestial Conduit w/ Illumination to get everybody in with the heals.
Mindful Reinforcement for the tank to further increase his/her durability.

To further boost heals, I decided to get me an angel. (kekekek)

The ebon weakness is there to debuff the enemy. In case the opponent hits insanely hard, like those guys in Teleios, my heals may not be strong enough to recover that much HP. So as a backup, I'll just make the guy hit less.
I also, got shadow blast for the fear. Debuff fear, also the advantage on shadow bolts that reduces dodge.

Ofc, in the case where I (beep) up, which will probably very often as I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing half the time I'm in the game, I got myself a revive for the team, redemption, and if my heals are just downright garbage, I got ascension so my heals will be even further increased in case I mess up get a teammate to like 2hp.

This build was also designed to be a bit themed. Angel/Demon, light and darkness, blah blah blah, also magical. Magic is OP. Which is why I gave in to the temptation to get that Ebon Summoning power. Light/Darkness, was too good to pass up....

In closing, HEEEEEELP. I have no idea how the heals work in this game. This entire build is theoretical and I'm going to need all you forum mlg's to beef up the build. I don't have the experience of a healer, and would like well....the experience of a healer.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Well, if ya want pure hps, Serpahim is the best passive for that (w/ AoPM prob being 2nd). However, given that ur using Conduit, I may stick w/ AoPM anyways as its better ally buff, and the extra energy stats can help afford Conduit's energy cost. One other thing that Conduit can't do is reach past 50ft, so for fights where players are flying around (Gravi, Grond, Viper, etc) ya may want a 100ft heal (Iniquity w/o Justice, Rebuke, or Psionic Healing).

Protection Field tends to be better for Support builds than MR, just because PF shields for 12sec longer. The residual heal form MR is nice, but w/ powerful active healing its not like you'll need to wait 8 sec for any leftovers of MR"s shield to heal allies. Ofc, ya can also double up on the bubbles, though that's prob overkill here.

Although TK Maelstrom is a good AoE stun, its on a longer cd, so Sentinel Mastery won't have very high uptime here.

Ya may also want to consider a self-res (Rebirth, if ur already using CoAP); I'd prob take it over the Ebon summon atm, which I assume is there mostly for the theme of it. If ur using Illumination, then I'd prob get the Judgement adv on Ascension so you get the AoE burst heal from it (cna take out r2 of Illumination for it, if ya want). A ranked block enhancer could also be worthwhile for some high end content.

The build overall looks pretty good for a pure healer build as is, so it kinda depends how much more ya wanna tweak it (prob at the expense of some of the character's theme).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Yea, Con and growth mods (for maxHP) are good if ur doing harder content or group stuff that ya haven't really experienced as a healer toon yet. More of health cushion is nice, esp since bonus healing itself has a DR curve (much like passive dmg bonuses for dps), so to going all out +heal is going to net less and less return, and ya can put some stats elsewhere. Else ya can gear some crit since ur using a crit-enabled heal w/ Sentry spec. I may also trade Torment for Wither in Sentinel, just to boost ally dmg a bit more if ur using Vengeance for Sentinel Mastery, though that does mean slightly a shorter CC duration.

Ya still want high Pres, ofc, cause it interacts w/ so much here, but being low health isn't generally a grand idea (unless perhaps ur using AoRP, or PFF in Hybrid role). So just find a balance ya like.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    While Sentry looks good, I would switch it for Overseer and pick Administer, Conservation and Ruthless (better crit heals is better). I can't really suggest where to put the final 3 spec points in Overseer but you should consider to have better crit heals too.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    A few things you might to consider if you're planning on playing a healer on the more difficult content.

You need to keep yourself alive most of all but don't want to spend any time doing so. When the groups of enemies get bigger, you are likely to be focussed on by all the untagged critters because of heal agro. Unbreakable is by far the best protection against that, and conviction is the best option to quickly get your health up again.

A heal with a 50 feet range can be quite tricky to use. Fights in CO are usually quite mobile, or players are spreading out a lot, or they need a heal after having been knocked out of your reach. So you might want a heal with a 100 feet range, and the best heal with a 100 feet range is Inquity.

With Iniquity you want PRE primary, without the selfheal spec iniquity drops your own health to fast.

AoPM is good, but if you are planning on pure healer to keep your team alive AoRP is better.

When you want to protect someone from harm for a while, like when keeping a tank alive against Frosticus while you are busy resurrecting someone, bionic shielding is great. That is also the only "shield" that has synergy with AoRP.

The best protection you can give anyone is stop them from being attacked in the first place. Palliate+Absolve lets you do that.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    There aren't any 100ft AoE heals that aren't on a cd, afaik. If ya want crit heals again, I'd prob just go back to Conduit. Rebuke should suit the special cases where an ally is too far away just fine.

Palliate/absolve is mostly for the 100% threat wipe adv, which ya can use on urself or an ally. Can be handy in some cases, though its on a longer cd.

AoRP is good, though its taking a more defensive approach to team support. It can offer you more leeway to keep the group alive, but energy and output (dps/hps) will be lower with it. Up to you what ya want to field, as AoRP and AoPM are both nice on their own.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I'm not sure if iniquity is a good choice, after all I want my heals to be aoe. Plus I'm reading off of the thing online, it looks like iniquity can't crit heal? Also, I want to choose palliate but I feel like if I got ascension w/ advantage I could burst heal all the players, rather than just one.....

While it sounds awesome, in CO it's going to lead you to insta-aggro everything on you. And I don't really think you want that?
    Yep, Iniquity can not crit but trick that aiqa explained is about to spare energy : heal with Iniquity, get some health back with Selfless Ally from PRE tree and use your energy to bubble, attack, debuff, rez, etc... In a tough fight, you're going to be busy, very busy and your shields are going to break fast, so sparing some energy with Iniquity will allow you to spam more bubbles.

More something like this :
    PowerHouse   (Link to this build)

Name: Kroxes

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Radiant
    Level 6: Lasting Impression
    Level 9: Shrug It Off
    Level 12: Diplomatic
    Level 15: Prodigy
    Level 18: Showmanship
    Level 21: Discipline Training

Powers:
    Level 1: Shadow Bolt (Despondency)
    Level 1: Shadow Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Compassion
    Level 8: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Ritual of Radiant Summoning (Rank 2, Unbound Ritual)
    Level 17: Unbreakable
    Level 20: Lock N Load
    Level 23: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Sigils of Ebon Weakness (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Rebirth
    Level 35: Redemption (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Palliate (Absolve)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Fire Flight (Rank 2)

Specializations:
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Dominion (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (2/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
    Mastery: Presence Mastery (1/1)
    --------------------------------
    Differences :
    - I switched CoAP for LnL, it gives more versatility as you can use LnL if you want to be static, if you want to move or if you need help to break free faster.
    - I switched Bionic Shielding for Unbreakable, you don't need that many heals (Iniquity, BS) but you need to stay alive too.
    - with the free points, I ranked Redemption R2, well because 33% health is low it's going to take too long to put back full health. R3 would too much however.
    - Shadow Blast is now R3, you can contribute more offensively now.
    - I switched Lightning Flash for Athletics : run faster away from aoe and a mini-knock absorption (up to 46' height).
    Post edited by holloweaver on
  • Options
    Good questions.
    Iniquity can't crit, Sigils can't crit, PF can't crit. So yep, you can switch off Ruthless and take Honor instead.
    Iniquity R3 means the ratio health cost/healing is lower, you're going to heal more for the same health cost. Then you have Selfess Ally, Sentinel Aura and Conviction to get your health back. Why not the AoE adv? It depends the content you want to run but usually players don't stick in an aoe area, they prefer to spread to avoid AoE attacks.

I see you've Rebirth, it's a good safety to learn how to play healer and I wish you that one day, you'll be good enough that you won't need a self-rez. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    LnL is an active offense to help you to break free faster and to deal more damages for 12 sec. You're still expected to deal some damages as a healer.
    Your damage output is far behind a dps, your heals are going to generate more threats than your attacks. Actually it's even a tip to lower your threat generation : attack when you don't need to heal, it'll lower your threat while also adding to your contribution.
    I would definitely mod for PRE and CON and +health too. With REC and support role, you shouldn't have energy issue. The energy return from PF on your teammates scales with REC.

Hmm ok, I had another look at your build and reading your preferences, I think I would switch for full Celestial attack powers.
    Despondancy sounds cool but it's only useful in pvp.
    Powers:
    Level 1: Radiance
    Level 1: Rebuke (Rank 2, Admonish)

Specializations:
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Overseer: Honor (2/2)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (1/3)

Now you have a power (Rebuke w/ Admonish) that can benefit from Wither and more choice between Rebuke(heal)/Iniquity or Rebuke attack.
    That's my suggestion but I can confess that it's highly inspired from my gamestyle as I tend to prefer versatile builds which can do good in multiple situations (in range, hold, knocked, running fast, etc...).
  • Options
    Sure, go for Ascension. We're only suggesting.
    Shadow Blast and Rebuke adv work in similar ways so yep you can switch for Shadow Blast R2 W/ Pyschotic Break.
  • Options
    Since we're going w/ AoRP + Iniquity now, Here's how I'd edit the build:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Super Stats:
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Radiant
    Level 6: Shrug It Off
    Level 9: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves
    Level 18: Investigator
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina

Powers:
    Level 1: Shadow Bolt
    Level 1: Shadow Blast (Rank 2, Psychotic Break)
    Level 6: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
    Level 8: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Compassion
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 23: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Redemption (Rank 2, Salvation)
    Level 29: Shadow of Doubt (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Vengeance (Rank 2, Redemption Denied)
    Level 35: Ascension (Rank 2)
    Level 38:

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Presence: Moment of Glory (2/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (1/2)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Overseer: Honor (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Crit is still nice for dps, and also for Conviction crits, though its not as important now. Conviction or SoD can also be used to roll MSA for extra energy. Last power slot can be w/e: a self res, sigils, an Active Defense, etc. I wouldn't bother w/ ranking Shadow Bolt, though- Despondency doesn't really apply to most mobs in PvE, and ya shouldn't need to rank the end builder if ur not using it that much.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    flowcyto said:

There aren't any 100ft AoE heals that aren't on a cd, afaik.

Advantaged psi healing, but lol on calling that area effect.

Oh yeah one more thing, iniquity. It's not aoe is it? Meaning if I'm using iniquity how am I supposed to keep the whole team alive if it only heals one person??

People usually use sentinel aura/mastery for team health upkeep.
  • Options

Idk... like the shield idea makes sense, also with MSA, but the build is still intended to be a pure healer build, that was the whole point of the thread in the first place kek
    Also the celestial theme is almost virtually wiped now since we got shadow of doubt and stuff.

This thread is about the 'ultimate healer', no? Nothing specific to Celestial.. just that a large chunk of CO's Support powers can be found there. I mean, if ya wanna make it Celestial, then go ahead, though we have another recent thread for that ya can check out. I guess its worth noting that the original premise (100% into hps) isn't necc the most efficient for all content. Some of that will also just depend on playstyles that just vary between players. So to a degree, ya won't truly know until ya do some trial and error anyways.
    As for healing I'm still trying to figure out a procedure. The first thing I would do is to place PF on my allies, then sigils of ebon weakness. Then go for shadow blast and finally frequent iniquity bursts for healing. Should I occasionally pull out protection field or should I almost always use iniquity?
    I want to keep my Ritual there so I can still do heals even when summoning the sigils when it becomes inactive or I need to do a PF or even if I need to res.
    PF imo is best used for 2 things: Anticipating spikes of dmg, and triage (it can also be used on urself before resing to reduce the chance it'll be interrupted, though that's more of a niche use). The former is kinda self-explanatory, but more or less takes practice w/ the content to know what sort of mechanics could be coming. By 'triage' I mean it gives you a guaranteed amount of temp HP the enemy has to eat through before they can kill an ally who's near death, which can buy you more time to save that ally w/ follow-up heals. This could happen, for ex, if ya just resed and ally and they are at low health.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Well a few diff reasons- one being simply that bonus heal diminishes as you stack more. More generally: mitigating dmg can be better than trying to heal it after the fact- its one reason ya were considering, say, AoRP, over a passive that could net you more raw hps like Seraphim or AoPM. Also, simply cause ya dun always need to heal things, and it may be better to spend ur downtime doing other stuff. So a few basic reasons, but there's much subjectivity there too. Again, hard to say exactly what would work for you w/o ya just going out there and trying diff stuff w/ diff players. Optimizing Support is much more abstract than, say, trying to optimize dps.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Hold on, why is pure healing not efficient? I woulda thought a dedicated healer means gooooood.

Beyond a certain point, the problem isn't that you can't heal fast enough, it's that you can't heal defeated in one shot (you can res them, but needing to do that is undesirable for lots of reasons). Resistance and bubbles can actually prevent that from coming up.
  • Options

Ohhhh, so if I want to be an effective healer, I should focus more on making my allies tougher? Rather than focus on healing? That way I can keep them alive more effectively?

You should do both rather than purely one thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Yeah Conviction is nice for Iniquity just cause it takes care of the self-dmg, and also procs MSA (if ya take MSA). Its also ur main tool for keeping urself alive.

Vengeance was indeed added to proc debuffs like Sentinel Mastery- it does that on the primary target as the adv on them is a hold (stun for the AoE targets- which doesn't proc as many things).

And yea, one of the main reasons I suggested SoD was cause of its stacking -dmg debuff, which is nice. Its also cheap and prcos MSA, though main downside is its dps is low (not much an issue when Support). There are other -dmg debuffs out there, but they're all vying for precious space on on ur build, and all involve something that's not direct healing- so its up to you how much ya wanna accommodate them.

Redirect Force can be channeled to give allies some nice dmgRes, but it requires a constant maintain. Its more for filler when ur not healing peeps. It can be good, but it can also take combat time away from you doing other things as well. There's others out there too like the sigils. Again, it may come down to how much ya can fit into one build. IMO, having PF, Sigils, SoD, and AoRP are all fine enough to supplement direct healing (as well as the res, ofc). One other thing ya could consider though is a self-res (Rebirth or CoRG)- more for giving urself leeway than anything else- it can be ncie when learning the ropes or running w/ random players.

If >1 ally is low hp then ya have to play the triage game that makes healing 'fun' in MMOs (more like, determines if ya like the healing role or not, as ofc its not for everyone)- pick the one that is either the lowest health or you think is the most in danger and shield or heal them first, and then quickly heal up the others. Note that 'heal' does not have to mean 'top-off', just get out of a low-health state. CO's AoE heals mostly require a certain distribution (tight cone or a tight sphere), so even if ya had one, its not guaranteed that you'd be able to hit >1 hurt ally with them anyways- esp if the group is scattered. AoE heals I find are better to heal clumps of melee w/ - so they have a good niche, but they aren't exactly required either.

One notable exception to this is Ascension's large AoE heal- but now that also takes Illumination to get that group-wide heal, and after the CDR nerf it won't be avail as often for a burst heal. So it can be good, but it also has downsides (takes an extra power slot + debuff_buff power, and is on a rel long cd).

Worse comes to worse and ur uncertain about having Iniquity be an AoE heal vs. a long range stronger ST heal: make R3 or Justice the last adv/power point that ya train, and then re-training it to be ST or AoE is relatively cheap and easy.
  • Options
    Hm, haven't heard of that, though Sent Mastery is pretty damn good atm. I hope its not a big nerf.

Also, I'd ditch the Confuse power- though maybe that was meant to be something else.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

I actually abandoned sentinel mastery because I heard they are nerfing it....

Oh god Why??.. >:/
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    Well, ya don't have a spamable AoE power, though I guess that's only an issue if ya care to contribute to grinding trash (or solo w/ the build to any degree). Vengeance is stil imo worthwhile for all the other debuffs it can proc, so I'd prob just add that back in.
  • Options
    Well, ya don't have a paralyze power w/o Vengeance, so then you'd want to take out Vuln if ya wanna double up on shield. It will take 2 full charges to stun/debuff w/ Shadow Blast, and per target- I'm not sure if you'll find that to be very efficient.
  • Options
    If ur not really gonna be using CC/stuns, then ya prob won't get much mileage outta Wither or Trapper either.

Eld Shield's Imbue adv also isn't really worth it, imo. Mine as well use something like Ebon Void w/ the VD adv.

The radiant summon is more just for light background healing. I wouldn't consider it high priority, but I guess it depends on what power ya want it to replace.

Have you run the build yet in any groups? I'm a bit concerned that we're doing all these tweaks before you've really gone out see what you like or dislike using in practice.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Seeing that you like Darkness powers, have a look at this build :
    PowerHouse   (Link to this build)

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: Divinity
    Level 6: Shrug It Off
    Level 9: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Survival Training
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Lasting Impression

Powers:
    Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
    Level 1: Shadow Blast (Psychotic Break)
    Level 6: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Compassion
    Level 14: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
    Level 20: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 23: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Redemption (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Unbreakable
    Level 35: Sigils of Ebon Weakness (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Ritual of Radiant Summoning (Rank 2, Unbound Ritual)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Fire Flight (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Acrobatics (Rank 2)

Specializations:
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Details :
    I suggest to keep Shadow Blast as a CC/utility power to proc Psychotic Break because its lockdown is going to put you in troubles very often if you rely on it as your main attack.
    Shadow Embrace is a good aoe attack and no lockdown, you can kite the ennemies with it.
    Full charge of Shadow Blast as your init power then maintain Shadow Embrace, Wither will help to kill them faster.

Life Drain is a darkness power with no lockdown, so you can move around while damaging and geting health back. I chose Vampiric Sympathy to make it an aoe heal.
    Full charge Shadow Embrace on your main target to proc Fear, then maintain Lifedrain on your main target to proc Vampiric Sympathy.
    Note that Vampiric Sympathy is center on you so you have to be close to your teammates to heal them but it can help to heal the ranged dpsers and keep Iniquity for your tank.

Lifedrain (single target) and Shadow Embrace (aoe) are your main attacks. Shadow Blast is your init/cc power that can proc Wither buff. Both Lifedrain and Shadow Embrace are no lockdown powers so you can kite around and prevent the ennemies from coming too close to you.

You want your angel summon over an active offense, so I think Unbreakable (usable while held) will help you better than Ebon Void (I didn't get the point to choose the melee adv -Voracious Darkness- on EV?).
    Note that you have no threat wipe so be careful when you heal.

I changed your talents because you want more PRE and more CON too.
    With Lifedrain and Psychotic Break (from Shadow Blast), you can now go with Wither and Moment of Need.
    You have Selfless Ally, Sentinel Aura and Conviction to get your health back fast after using Iniquity, and Lifedrain if you're really too low on health.
    I would definitely go with OverSeer.
    Post edited by holloweaver on
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Just going to throw this one in for your consideration. This is my wacky "healer." When Compassion is at 8 stacks BS is at ca. 3000 and PF and MR are 6000+ each. Can run Redirected Force continually. With Bosses I use Compassion, for mobs IDF. Could use Support Drones instead of Conviction. For more personal survival could swap Masterful Dodge for SBG. With AoRP, BS, MR, PF and RF this is like 5 bubbles.

Name: Ms. Molecule

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Endurance (Primary)
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Inventor
    Level 6: Boundless Reserves
    Level 9: Investigator
    Level 12: Prodigy
    Level 15: Shrug It Off
    Level 18: Survival Training
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina

Powers:
    Level 1: Sonic Blaster
    Level 1: Experimental Blaster (Rank 2, Rank 3, Death Ray)
    Level 6: Bionic Shielding (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Protection Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Compassion
    Level 14: Redirected Force (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Mindful Reinforcement (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Rebirth
    Level 26: Resurrection Serum
    Level 29: Telekinetic Shield (Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 32: Conviction (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Sonic Boom Generator (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Inertial Dampening Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Hover Disk (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Displacement Superspeed (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations:
    Endurance: Readiness (3/3)
    Endurance: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Endurance: Power Overwhelming (2/3)
    Endurance: Hardened (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Sentry: Precise (3/3)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Persevere (1/2)
    Mastery: Endurance Mastery (1/1)​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Just going to throw this one in for your consideration. This is my wacky "healer." When Compassion is at 8 stacks BS is at ca. 3000 and PF and MR are 6000+ each. Can run Redirected Force continually. With Bosses I use Compassion, for mobs IDF. Could use Support Drones instead of Conviction. For more personal survival could swap Masterful Dodge for SBG. With AoRP, BS, MR, PF and RF this is like 5 bubbles.

I run something similar to this on my main, but with Int/Pre/End and AoPM instead. Bubble spam backed up with enough energy to support it does pretty well.

If you go the Iniquity route, BCR/Conviction combo along with Selfless Ally will keep your own health up without any problems, even if you're running the AoE version. (That's what I use on my other healer, along with AoRP/Compassion).

Also, @ Krox/the OP:

Your friend was wrong, Sentinel Mastery wasn't nerfed. It's been 2% since at least 2012 (when I wrote that really horrible spec tree guide back at the start of On Alert). It's still a usable choice like it always has been, though it's best combined with the other debuff specs and a CC that also innately applies debuffs. 16% of max HP over 8 seconds (assuming they attack the entire time) basically for free isn't horrible when it's a rider effect on something you'd be doing anyway.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/234622/guide-to-spec-trees/p1

Ctrl-F "Sentinel Mastery", you'll see what I mean. It was never 5%.

You may be getting it mixed up with the really early version of Sentinel Aura (That never made it off of PTS) that healed based on a % of health. They changed it to a flat amount before On Alert hit, then lowered that amount to its current state.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.

Your friend was wrong, Sentinel Mastery wasn't nerfed. It's been 2% since at least 2012

The tooltip has stated 2% since at least 2012. The actual in-game effect is 5%, and I see no evidence that it has ever been anything other than 5%.
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Your friend was wrong, Sentinel Mastery wasn't nerfed. It's been 2% since at least 2012

The tooltip has stated 2% since at least 2012. The actual in-game effect is 5%, and I see no evidence that it has ever been anything other than 5%.
    Huh. If I ever knew that, I'd completely forgotten it, so let's go with "today I learned". Thanks!

Even at 2% (if they change the effect to match what the tooltip says instead of just changing the tooltip to match the effect), it's still pretty good if you're combining it with other trigger effects that proc on holds/CC.

As far as the most recent build for Krox goes, I'd still vote for Iniquity with the advantage. It's the easiest to use of the AoE heals, and you need to build for some self-healing anyway as a healer, so it's not like the self HP cost is going to require you to do things much out of the ordinary.

Celestial Conduit, Psionic Healing, Empathic Healing, Mindful Reinforcement and Protection Field are all pretty good for single-target healing, but the easy to use options for AoE healing are a bit more limited.

You're (seemingly) not going to be too worried about damage, so Ego won't be doing that much for you. I'd still go with Presence as your Primary over Ego. Presence can still get crit chance and defense from superstats.

Also, remember that bubbles (Protection Field, Mindful Reinforcement) can't crit, and neither can Iniquity.
    Post edited by sagewithbubbles on

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.