test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Currencies like GCR should be account-bound, or there should be a method to transfer between toons

quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Suggestions Box
1.) This game has always, up until recently, encouraged developing multiple unique toons as a form of end-game.
2.) Other currencies, like Drifter Salvage, Questionite, Globals, and Zen follow this model. Even Justice Tokens are account-bound. Consistency has been used as an explanation by Cryptic for other recent balance changes. So, let's be consistent.
3.) Challenges like TA have strict group composition requirements, so you often end up playing the toon that is needed, as opposed to the one that you would prefer to play.
4.) The ability to play multiple unique toons is still what makes this game interesting and provides replayability. By adding more grind and taking away or detering this alt-enabled replayability, players will burn out much faster.
5.) Look at your successful competitors like MSH. Grindy game, but has replayability due to so many different toons/builds, and currencies are account bound.

Thanks for considering.
LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
Post edited by quasimojo1 on

Currencies like GCR should be account-bound, or there should be a method to transfer between toons 29 votes

Yes
96%
iamruneaiqalegendarylycan#5411stergapantagruel01morigosabaelogventurezemmaxjaazaniah1royalflvshdeadman20notyuuquasimojo1cyronegradiiholloweaverspinnytopaurebisstheravenforceroughbearmattach 28 votes
No
3%
spinnytop 1 vote

Comments

• mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    Yes
    Alts are a tremendous appeal for a lot of paying members in this game, from various creeds and preferences. They're an incentive to subscribing and even more to go LTS. This poll will probably have people who don't agree with each other on much of anything voting together. This has been suggested often and I hope its a possibility!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Yes
    Funnily enough, I did make a suggestion like this in Suggestions Box, quite RECENTLY, so yes, I'd agree.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Yes
    Time to make Hideouts WORTH IT!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • amii85amii85 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Yes
    Sounds like a great idea to me. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]$о мaиу тоой$, $о lїттlё тїмё...
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    Yes
    gradii said:

I knew foxi was going to be the only person to vote no on this lol. Trolol

That's Spinny? Voted both for and against, actually. :open_mouth:
  • Yes
    how in the HELL does someone manage to vote for both options at the same time? the vote doesn't register until you hit the button, at which point you can't go back and pick the other​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Yes
    Now that I have two toons with GCR, and neither is my main, I must agree.
    Yes.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.