What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20151210a.30 - Bug Fixes

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes for FC.31.20151210a.30
This build is available on PTS as of 2/9/2016

Device Changes
- Sidekicks from Adventure Packs have been changed to yellow quality.
- Updated descriptions for Spatial Manipulator and Farlong device to state that they cannot be used in instances. This is just a description change.
- Fixed a bug where warp to UNTIL, Powerhouse Theater, Club Caprice, Minefield, Carl's Gym, and Sherrera's could not be used inside of instances.

Vendor Changes
- Changed the Perception mod in the Hero Games vendor to R3. Price increased.
- Fixed a bug where MCPD Adventure Pack costumes were requiring Primus Recognition.
- Reorganized the consumables vendor stores to be more intuitive.

Power Changes
- The Inventor can now choose between Miniaturation Drive or Ressurection Serum at level 35.
- The Mind can now choose between Ego Sprites or Mental Leech at level 6.

Teleios Ascendant
- Fixed a bug where bosses were dropping additional globals.
- Removed rank 4 mod drops from the reward boxes.
- Rejuvenating Formula will no longer bind to a player.
- Fixed critters in Teleios fight to not get stuck in the tubes.
- Fixed a bug where rewards from completing Teleios Ascendant were diminishing too fast. You should now be able to run the lair 3 times before you can no longer get token rewards. This resets after 20 hours have passed.

Additional Changes.
- Updated the description for the Token and Recognition boost Zen Store item to clearly state what tokens it boosts.
- The ZEN store level 30 power up pack now provides you with all the items you would normally gain from the level 10-30 level up supply kits.
- Added the Legionary Promo vehicle to the vehicle upgrade store. Removed the mark 1 to 2 Incendiary Rounds conversion store from the vehicle upgrade vendor.
- The 4 set piece bonus has been boosted to provide 25% res all instead of 15% res to aoe attacks.
- Armadillo's primary defense item has been restored to the questionite store.
- Changed the item quality of the Armadillo, Samurai and Cyber set items to blue.
- The chilled FX now takes up fewer resources.
- Lightning Storm no longer applies a electric aura on targets for ranks 2 and 3.
- Players who owned pieces of the Mountain set but not the entire set can now unlock the full set sold at the collector store.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

- The Inventor can now choose between Miniaturation Drive or Ressurection Serum at level 35.

Urr... is that supposed to be level 30? Level 35 is choice between sonic device and toxic nanites atm.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    - Fixed a bug where warp to UNTIL, Powerhouse Theater, Club Caprice, Minefield, Carl's Gym, and Sherrera's could not be used inside of instances.
    Does this include the TP to Rencen device too? Cuz on live it's also not allowing warps from instances.
    Power Changes
    Nice! I'm sure these will be welcome changes.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Power Changes

These are indeed welcome changes. Mental Leech will be really helpful to the Mind. And I'm assuming you meant lvl 30 for the Ressurection Serum change.

Suggestion: Can a choice between Manipulator and Compassion @ lvl 16 be considered for the Mind? This has been a suggestion made by many community members over the years who feel that Manipulator would be more beneficial to the Minds role as a crowd controller. ​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Power Changes

We finally get another Archetype with Ressurection! onion-22.gif

Inventor AT gets redeemed after the Medical Nanites change as well!

Now if only the Mind could chose between Manipulator and Compassion as well...​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    riverocean wrote: »
    Power Changes

These are indeed welcome changes. Mental Leech will be really helpful to the Mind. And I'm assuming you meant lvl 30 for the Ressurection Serum change.

Suggestion: Can a choice between Manipulator and Compassion @ lvl 16 be considered for the Mind? This has been a suggestion made by many community members over the years who feel that Manipulator would be more beneficial to the Minds role as a crowd controller.

Thank you for listening to our feedback and making changes.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Awesome changes.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    I'm not sure how well JUST mental leech will synergize with the mind AT but its more choices for ATs and that's a good thing.
    Um... Mental Leech should fill in the same utility that the old version of Ego Leech did, right? Ranged DoT that synergizes with Ego Sleep.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I'm not sure how well JUST mental leech will synergize with the mind AT but its more choices for ATs and that's a good thing.

Mental Leech will allow Mind to Apply all its Spec Debuffs
    Vulnerability from PRE
    Wither from Sentinel
    and Sentinel Master

its REALLY good addition to help the Team even more and make the AT spamming debuffs often with rotating Mental Leech with Ego Sleep

Edit: nevermind, confused it with Mental Storm onion-67.gif​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The prices on the recog vendors are still too high.
  • Options
    avianos said:

Mental Leech will allow Mind to Apply all its Spec Debuffs

Urr... mental leech isn't a hold. If it applies spec debuffs that's kinda weird.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    At long last! The inventor will have a resurrection power! But I recommend making this change between the new choices if possible:

-Level 30: Miniaturization Drive OR Sonic Device
    -Level 35: Resurrection Serum OR Toxic Nanites

Concerning the Mind AT, I agree with that a choice between Compassion and Manipulator would be awesome..
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Urr... mental leech isn't a hold. If it applies spec debuffs that's kinda weird.

OOPS I got it confused with Mental Storm nevermind​​
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    - The ZEN store level 30 power up pack now provides you with all the items you would normally gain from the level 10-30 level up supply kits.
    so does this mean, we will no longer be getting those items in the level up box?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    Due to the recent.. changes to manipulator I think it would be better for the mind to be able to choose a rez.

while I agree that Mind needs a Ressurection power as well, none of the 3 current REZ powers fit with Mind's theme!

we could use a new Ressurection Power for Telepathy​​
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    I agree with Avianos regarding a Resurrection for Telepathy. Something that could be called Mind Awakening which resurrects one ally and gives them a small scaling damage resistance buff for a brief time based on Rank.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    gradii said:

I agree with Avianos regarding a Resurrection for Telepathy. Something that could be called Mind Awakening which resurrects one ally and gives them a small scaling damage resistance buff for a brief time based on Rank.

How about, Mental Invigoration
    Or Mind F***!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    QUESTION: Will existing archetypes that exceed the level a new choice is being given to receive a retcon token?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

How about, Mental Invigoration

Or Mind F***!

Telepath Ressurection spell, in which its AoE Advantage, ressurect all the friendly players BUT switch and Mind Swap the Controls of each character's control to another! Hilarity Ensures onion-34.gif

im NOT serious about this
    ​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    chaelk said:

so does this mean, we will no longer be getting those items in the level up box?​​

It means it fixes a bug where using a level 30 pack caused you to not get those items.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Are more ATs going to be getting a pass to give them more build variety in the near future?
  • Options
    ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Big thanks, Lady Kaiserin, for looking into that Mountain Costume Set bug. Means a lot that you listened when it was reported. ;)

|| Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Lady Gadfly,
    could someone please amend the lighting under the bust and on the face somehow, on the Arcane tattoos- ghost skin. From the rear, it looks like you need an exorcist because your face and chest look liek they are facing backwards.when you run(acrobatics). let's just say it's an odd veiw.
    why it doesn't have a top over, my silver account doesn't have many costumes yet.
    also is there any way we could get something for the hands and feet, ghost body, live hands and feet.
    optical%20illusion_zps3xdnelhj.png​​

• Options
    BUG: New Ego sprites.
    Where: Live

Ego sprites is supposed to damage every second for 10 seconds, which it used to do.
    Using it now on a Mind, I am getting;
    1 second shots.
    4 second shots
    and after getting suspicious and heading to the PH.
    Lots of 8 second shots.
    How to duplicate, go to the PH. Pick a dummy and fire once.
    count the damage times in the combat menu.
    I used the regenerating dummy to make sure I only hit one.​​

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I just tested Ego Sprites vs. Power House opponents.

Sometimes the power completed in 10 seconds, sometimes as little as 5. In all cases, the damage ticked off 10 times.

In other words, there were always 10 damage ticks, regardless of how long it took.

EDIT: Ego Sprites no longer procs Concentration, because of reduced range. Really changes it's utility for me.
    Post edited by roughbearmattach on

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Let me rephrase that , I got those many seconds of damage ticks.I was wondering why, with the low level mind the icon would go on the mobs then vanish again.
    I used a blast as a marker, then fired ego sprites once and counted the damage ticks in the combat log and I got between 1 and ten.
    wiped that character.
    just tried it on a Level 40 mind and got 11 ticks the first time.Yes I counted that several times to check.Then 10. That's counting in the combat log.
    aarrghh.. which I was supposed to screenshot. oh well friday tomorrow​​

• Options
    edited February 2016
    The vast majority of DoTs do 1 more tic of effect than is listed for their duration -- usually, a bonus tic at time 0. Thus, spites would have tics at time 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Choosing between Manipulator and Compassion...when looking at the Mind AT's set up...

The AT, benefits more from using Compassion/AoRP/Psionic Healing combination, as well as the added effectiveness Compassion grants to MR.

If you really wanted Mind AT to warrant having Manipulator as a choice....

Put in an additional for Mental Storm OR Mindful Reinforcement @ level 40.

That would truly allow for Mind AT's to take a different path.
  • Options
    - Lightning Storm no longer applies a electric aura on targets for ranks 2 and 3.
    Bug: Lightning Storm still applies the VFX for Negative Ions on Rank 2 + 3.

New Chill VFX: Looks interesting, like little snowflakes...I would have liked to keep the frosty overlay from the old FX, but the test dummies seem to like it. Especially the guy trapped in ice! :wink:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Brand new Mind AT.L6.
    did training. went in, tested on regen dummy first then other. Making sure to only target one.
    using other powers as spacers to show where ego sprites ends.
    count them.
    Yesterday noticed on L8 Mind at. L40 got 11 or 10 on its few tresi. are other people testing on Mina AT or FF?
    sprites%201_zps2g2jm8eo.png​​

• Options
    chaelk said:

Brand new Mind AT.L6.

did training. went in, tested on regen dummy first then other. Making sure to only target one.

using other powers as spacers to show where ego sprites ends.

count them.

Yesterday noticed on L8 Mind at. L40 got 11 or 10 on its few tresi. are other people testing on Mina AT or FF?

​​

How are you only getting 10 damage from Ego Sprites? I know it's telepathy and you are in support but did you rank the power at all or?

Could you provide a bit more detail?
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User

Only when it actually applies Negative Ions.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    aiqa said:

Only when it actually applies Negative Ions.

Ah, derp...I thought it meant NI...lol :expressionless:

EDIT: Doesn't this thread need to be locked? Or?
This discussion has been closed.