test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold Freeform to Silver Freeform

melangraenmelangraen Posts: 25 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Champions Online Discussion
A friend of mine has 1 gold freeform character that he would like to turn into a silver freeform. He has the freeform slot available. He was told he can change that char to a silver freeform. Is this true? And if so, how does he do this?

Comments

• renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    From what I've heard, this isn't possible. I have a hand full of gold freeforms myself, but had to make a silver one from scratch. I asked people in the game and some people assumed you could, but those who have tried, said it's not possible.

this is likely becuase your Gold character can hold more money, more bank slots, and has access a ton of costume pieces and could be wearing them. When you're on silver, you're locked out of those things. So you can't access or convert anything gold related. You can convert Silver to gold though. just not the other way.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    No that's not possible.

What your friend is looking for is a Gold To Silver FF retcon, which doesn't exist. The FF slot is exactly that an empty slot, it's not a token that can retcon existing characters. AT's can be easily converted to Silver. That doesn't require a new slot, it uses existing retcon mechanics. Gold FF are not allowed to do that, which I assume is intentional.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    1. a silver FF is a NEW character slot.
    2. you cannot put an existing character into it.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!