test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do You Think An AT Team Can Beat Telios Ascendent?

riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Missions and Content
This is a controversial topic. However, I've seen this question come up in zone and private channel chats. Do you think that a mostly AT team can beat TA? I know that there has been mention of an all AT team beating it on the PTS -- but details of that are sketchy. Like, what was the team make up? Did they play in classic trinity (Tank, Healer, Dps) play style? How long did it take and how difficult did they find it... etc..

- Have any of you completed TA on an AT?
- What was the team make up (All AT's or Mixed)?
- Which AT's do you think would be able to handle TA?
- Anything else that's related - you want contribute?

Thanks folks.​​
Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

Comments

• Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    It's possible, but unless they were geared out pretty well, and running a premade team, maybe. Very possible. Pugging it though, no. Almost never.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    Saw an ad earlier in Zone: 'LF1M TA FF DPS' :/
  • Options
    mijjestic wrote: »

I don't think this stuff is the player's fault as much. To me it's more about the widening gap between AT's and FF's. FF has always been (and should be) the better option. But before most of the content was about as challenging as battling a wet noodle.

Now we have content that actually requires a well thought out build - and most of the AT's are not well thought out. For example, resurrection is important in TA. Only one of the Four AT's that can heal others, can resurrect (The Radiant) and it's has the squishiest support passive (Seraphim).

But if I were to put together an AT team for this. It would look something like this:

- 1 Radiant (A must Have)
    - 2 Sturdy DPS
    - 1 Mind
    - I Survivable Tank

Many AT's can fulfill the Tanking and Sturdy DPS roles. But AT rezzer and crowd control options are limited and with resurrection devices extinct...things are even worse. AT's can certainly make up for some issues w/gear and devices. For example, I could see Ice Grenades and Necrulitic Elixir as very helpful. As well as devices that help with DPS and Survival.​​
  • Options
    gradii wrote: »
    We tried with a radiant before, it didn't do much good since she kept being one shotted. However we didn't have a Mind with us, an AoRP woulda helped. also add control woulda helped lol.

I wondered if the Radiant would get one-shotted to death, due to all the healing agro. hmmm.

In that other game taking a defense stacked team into a hard instance was always fun. CO really doesn't allow much in the way of that kind of stacking.

Interesting to talk about though. I love my AT's - I wish they got more respect.​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I wondered if the Radiant would get one-shotted to death, due to all the healing agro. hmmm.​​

It's not really the healing aggro (as far as being one-shotted goes, at least), the adds aren't going to one-shot you, but it's tough to keep a proper eye on the boss while also healing and there's a lot of boss AoEs that will one shot someone with 5-6k hp and seraphim.
  • Options
    Yup.. I have to agree with all the answers. I don't see an all AT team pulling it off.

I'm wondering about Aura stacking now though. Like AORP + AOPM + MN. You'd get resistance, buff to all super stats, regeneration, plus an additional 22% damage resist. That could be interesting.​​
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    In an all AT team you'll probably want to have one person tank all the ads on all the fights. An Invincible AT turned out to be a great AT for tanking the ads. The Master has more than enough survivability to tank all the bosses. Radiant is probably the best healer since it has a (self)resurrect (which can be used as an agro wipe) and it has a heal with a 100 feet range. And for dps any of the higher damage AT would do but I would prefer one with a 100 feet range (so either Soldier or Tempest).

All in all I am not really interested in trying this myself. I'll leave that to the people who think this is an important balancing concern.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I'd want both a Mind and a Radiant -- there's 50k attacks you can't evade and a fair number of 10-15k attacks where you're eventually going to miss a block, and adding Disorient, Fear, and AoRP will help a lot. The tanking is fairly straightforward though you might want a ranged tank for Grond, it's hard to hold his aggro with melee. For the rest, max out on damage, all the fights are easier if you can get them over faster, and if you can't abort Teleiosaurus' regeneration reliably that fight will be a nightmare.
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    mijjestic said:

I see nothing wrong with that, the guy's just asking for a preference. The same thing happened yesterday in Rampagers, and a huge shitstorm erupted.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    gradii said:

Like it or not ATs are part of the game and the game is free to play. Until they make freeform something everyone does, it will remain a balance concern.

Sort of. It's not required that all content can be done by all builds.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    gradii said:

aiqa said:

In an all AT team you'll probably want to have one person tank all the ads on all the fights. An Invincible AT turned out to be a great AT for tanking the ads. The Master has more than enough survivability to tank all the bosses. Radiant is probably the best healer since it has a (self)resurrect (which can be used as an agro wipe) and it has a heal with a 100 feet range. And for dps any of the higher damage AT would do but I would prefer one with a 100 feet range (so either Soldier or Tempest).

All in all I am not really interested in trying this myself. I'll leave that to the people who think this is an important balancing concern.

Like it or not ATs are part of the game and the game is free to play. Until they make freeform something everyone does, it will remain a balance concern.
    There is a huge difference between "ATs should not be excluded from playing" and "it needs to be (easily?) doable with a team of only ATs".
  • Options
    doctordarkspawndoctordarkspawn Posts: 7 Arc User
    If I am being honest here, let's narrow this down to the AT's you dont pay money for.

A team consisting of a Behemoth, a Blade, A soldier or inferno, or both, and a Radient or Mind, would get -destroyed- doing this content.

That's one of my major quams with it. Silver player? Get screwed. I brought my savage to this content, and got screwed. We had a decent healer, but died way too fast to pick up the mechanics of the two bosses we tried.

The adds do far too much damage to leave alive, so the inferno or soldier is gonna have to take care of them. And their squishy as hell. They wont survive it.

The blade or unleashed likely wouldn't survive long enough to get out of gronds fire, or take Medusa's damage for more than a second.

The behemoth? Unless he is geared to the balls for con, at which point his damage output is nuked and so is his aggro gen, and there goes the Teliosaurs fight.

Mind or Radient? HA. Healing one person at a time ain' gonna cut it here.

This content. needs. Tweaked. The damage numbers from the adds alone are a suitable boss fight, let alone the bosses themselves, and it becomes more and more apparent when you throw a team of free archetypes at it.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    To be honest... there are very few of the ATs you can expect to take into a boss fight anywhere in the game and prevail. Adventure pack endings, the existing lairs.... team up or go home, in most cases (The Master being a very honourable exception, although those boss fights take hours!)

It is, however, more than possible to take them into Rampages and acquire Justice Gear, as two out of the four Rampage missions allow you to use vehicles, which overcomes many of the ATs shortcomings. Onslaught, being based on transformations, does the same. If Epic Lairs are going to be the next step in improving gear and developing the toon, though, there is an issue; because there's no workaround for the fact that most ATs don't work too well in this kind of high-damage environment. Taking away Servitor Serum (and not creating a replacement) is another irritant, and the devs should probably look at throwing a bone of some kind to the players affected.

Personally I'd like to see an end to one-shot kills; it's not at all true to the comic source material. The first defeat in a mission should automatically inst-rez to something like 5% health and a massive damage de-buff; alive but out of combat. Die again within the next 90 seconds and you have to respawn as normal. Reduce the cooldown on healing devices (esp. the low power ones which give a heal near to Conviction) and you'd have a fairer game which didn't kill toons off on the basis of faulty tells, attacks that can only be blocked if you started blocking last Tuesday, and all the usual mechanics we all know and love.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "Personally I'd like to see an end to one-shot kills;"

Yes! That would be amazing. Common devs, think of a way to make an interesting fight without resorting to "make boss HP sack with super damage". It's tedious and boring. There are endless games with fun boss fights using interesting mechanics. This game can't handle attacks like Medusa's AoE very well. It's kinda obvious that CO has had desync issues for years. Regular Grav is known for her lag hits.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    sterga said:

"Personally I'd like to see an end to one-shot kills;"

Yes! That would be amazing. Common devs, think of a way to make an interesting fight without resorting to "make boss HP sack with super damage". It's tedious and boring. There are endless games with fun boss fights using interesting mechanics. This game can't handle attacks like Medusa's AoE very well. It's kinda obvious that CO has had desync issues for years. Regular Grav is known for her lag hits.

The problem with one shot kills is that it's an incorrect way to kill the supertanks. You don't kill tanks with raw damage alone. Rather, you use a mix of damage, debuffs and, percentile attacks. And not all at the same time either since you want different enemies to feel different. Of course, that goes back to discussions about CON and the offense/defense loop since sadly the devs almost need outrageous damage to threaten tanks, let alone actually kill them.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    Anyone remembers the boosts dropping from bosses? I know Grond in the Desert is still dropping them.
    Adding this feature shouldn't require to tweak any game mechanics in the bosses nor in the ATs but then players would be able to jump on this healing boost when they need... or this damage boost to dish those adds asap.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "Of course, that goes back to discussions about CON and the offense/defense loop since sadly the devs almost need outrageous damage to threaten tanks, let alone actually kill them."

Well, maybe the devs should stop making the problem worse by widening the gap between them and everything else.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Well, now the Inventor has a rez power so with Bionic Shielding, Drones and Med Nanites that would be another factor.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I would never even think about taking an AT in this place; you'll be a hinder on the team in almost all cases, some of the squishy dps may be ok, we did take a couple in there, but they were just laying on the ground 99.99% of the whole time, and contributed nothing.

EDIT: Now that the mobs are properly working on the last battle, I don't see it being possible on a team of ats, period. It's extremely rough even on a group of very well versed FFs, and almost impossible unless you have someone to babysit the mobs and keep them out of the fight.​​
    [NbK]XStorm