test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Seller's Dilemma

zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
With the shifts in token drops and pricing, I find myself reevaluating what I sell on the AH. I actively sell purple secondary drops with the catch being that I only sell pieces with CON in them. As a Silver with limited market slot time, I try to limit what I think won't sell. That said, I wonder if there will actually be a demand for non CON pieces now.
"Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

That said, I wonder if there will actually be a demand for non CON pieces now.

I tend to put most stuff in there for ~20g unless it's some ridiculous stat combo; enough of it sells to be worth the trouble. In any case, I don't see why the market for purple secondaries would change? Heroics are primaries.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    theres very few con secondaries on the AH, most are PRE, END, INT, REC.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    Some of secondaries have out-of-line stat values. Examples are: Sagacity Belt (grant +37 int, as opposed to +20 stat grants normal piece + strangely high offense/low defense), Ameliorating Bracers, Hospitable Eyepiece, these are valuable. Friendly Eyepiece (CON + extra HP, which's awesome for tanks). Transcendental Belt (for healers). Decisive Handguards grant EGO+healing, instead of EGO+crit; Rebounding belt has same stats as Dexterous belt, although Rebounding is DEX+REC.

http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Upgrade
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    chaelk said:

theres very few con secondaries on the AH, most are PRE, END, INT, REC.​​

As far as I've seen, CON pieces sell faster, while other pieces linger a while.

In any case, I don't see why the market for purple secondaries would change? Heroics are primaries.

I'm wondering if people will be reevaluating their builds as a whole.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Consider if selling gear that moves slowly would give you more Globals to invest in other opportunities, such as buying any valuable items you come across that are selling way under market value.

As for the secondaries themselves, look at the primary super stats of the free ATs. Secondaries with at least two of those super stats have a good chance of eventually selling.
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    I just throw most purple secondaries on the AH for ~5G. A few still don't sell, but i've even sold a str/ego belt of all things.

Some things I'll put on for significantly more. Dex/Ego, Ego/Int, and Str/Con are good combinations, for example.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Brilliant gear always sells well.
    I try to snag any Remission gear I can.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!