test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Teileios ascendant sucks

thechampion#0727 thechampion Posts: 61 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Suggestions Box
So a one-shotting, block all the time, lamefest just like the other lame rampages? You people have no imaginations and terrible business savvy. Terrible and boring and the gear grind is ridiculous. How have you people not been fired already? Your decisions have ran everyone away except hardcore people. There is a reason why there are only 50-200 or so people playing and you making the same mistakes and terrible content over and over ARE the reasons.

You couldn't even make new villains or add ones new ones from the Champions universe? You went with the lame and unoriginal clone crap?

Pathetic.

Addendum: I can survive alerts and TA just fine and end up carrying a lot of alerts (which I don't mind doing). Heck I and many other can easily solo alerts. It is the boring mechanics and re-hashed clone villains and the one shot or block lazy programming that I have issues with.

Remember how much fun CoH content was minus the one shotting nonsense? Well, this game should try to emulate City of heroes content more and not Wow/dcuo/whatever other games use lame one-shots all the time.
Post edited by thechampion#0727 on

Comments

• vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User

You couldn't even make new villains or add ones new ones form the Champions universe? You went with the lame and unoriginal clone crap?

I have not yet played the lair, so I can't comment on anything else you said except this...and I could not agree more.

The use of a character like Teleios is fine...and perfectly fitting. However, using the same characters that we have been grinding against since Rampages, then OSV...for this lair, is absurd.

How many times do they want us going up against the same villains, over, and over?
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Cheap Team-wipe Gimmicks in every Corner and Grindfest Rewards mmmmmmm~ What not to love?
    HMMMM THAT GRINDING!

I'm sorry but if that's Cryptic's future plan for CO's End Game, I don't want to deal with any of it
    I hope you enjoy it Die-Hard Machosists! Congratulations you got you "END GAME" difficulty

and I agree with the Clone-Trope, the game has been Recycling the same Bosses Lately, unimaginative to say the least​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    avianos said:

Cheap Team-wipe Gimmicks in every Corner and Grindfest Rewards mmmmmmm~ What not to love?

HMMMM THAT GRINDING!

I'm sorry but if that's Cryptic's future plan for CO's End Game, I don't want to deal with any of it

I hope you enjoy it Die-Hard Machosists! Congratulations you got you "END GAME" difficulty

and I agree with the Clone-Trope, the game has been Recycling the same Bosses Lately, unimaginative to say the least​​

Hey, it's cheap :P.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    So the same people that complain about everything are complaining about this?

Hmm.....very interesting.

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    beezeeze wrote: »
    So the same people that complain about everything are complaining about this?

Hmm.....very interesting.

You can copy/paste this complaint for just about every new piece of content that's ever been released in CO. *shrugs* Everything isn't for everyone. Most people I ran into seemed to be enjoying themselves and having fun.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • emperornfemperornf Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I agree with OP, crudeness aside.
    I survived every bad update until now without complaining but this is what killed me, now i understand why there is so little people playing. ~60 across all millenium zones during nighttime/european time
    If i wanted to play a grindfest i would pick up a random Korean MMO. The real problem and source of Ire is not that something is grindy, it's that something BECAME grindy.

But the cutest and most precious thing in this thread are the responses of blind loyalists. Though if i trapped myself in a lifetime sub i would probably act the same.
    edited February 2016
    emperornf wrote: »
    I agree with OP, crudeness aside

But the cutest and most precious thing in this thread are the responses of blind loyalists. Though if i trapped myself in a lifetime sub i would probably act the same.

I'm actually a silver. I don't pay a dime..well I did sub for this month just to check out the test server. But I have a Free FF slot, numerous free vehicles, interesting devices .. I might have bought some costume bits here and there. But I can't think of a game that lets me do as much for free as this one does... oh the torture of playing it :wink:

The only thing about TA that sucks is the reward is much too low for the difficulty level. You can earn more SCR faster by just doing two short dailies and the rampage. Not too mention the Adventure Packs, Lairs, and Steel Crusade.

Also, the dev team has been very up front about TA being ELITE content. That's because in this game you can build crazy high-level Freeforms. I can't think of a game that let's you do that either. So those people (who are mostly paying subscribers) wanted some challenging content and wanted to make themselves even more powerful.

I'm not sure what's wrong with that. If you don't want to do TA then don't do it.. you don't have to.​​
    edited February 2016
    If they DESPERATELY need people to bleed out of their rears grinding for heroics, why don't they at least offer any kind of compromise at all.
    Put in a weaker set of gear that costs less SCR. Yes, it would be weaker, but it would be SOMETHING.

To put the problem in perspective:
    -New Player/Toon starts playing
    -They manage to level to 40 one way or the other (This is not hard at all nor time consuming compared to other games)
    -Level 40, it's time to gear up. Oh wait. The only real option they have is farming for Heroics, 150 SCR a piece.
    -Keep dying in Alerts and AP's (Which considering small playerbase you will most likely have to solo) for 5 SCR each, not to mention the cooldowns. They don't have gear or their gear is weak, so they become a liability - not even due to their own fault. Even if you suggest to continuously run every single AP until exhaustion, i think anyone would die inside after doing this for so many times.
    -If they didn't give up yet, they finally earned that one piece of mid-tier gear.
    -Rinse. Repeat. Self-harm.

@riverocean
    I don't have a problem with TA the lair itself except for hearing about the elitism it begins to attract.

My problem is with how gear that used to be standard, now became something ridiculously out of reach.
    I have 18 toons right now, not counting myriad ones i deleted over the years.
    Getting Heroics used to require a reasonable amount of effort considering they are nowhere as good as top-tier gear and they were good for making toons decent.
    Now the price is quintupled. Even though an even better tier of gear was released.
    This makes no sense and only serves to make the game experience excruciating.

I do apologize for the LTS line though, that was mean of me.
    I just think that people who are okay with changes to gear rec prices are people who already own same or even better gear, like Justice. I dislike selfishness.
    Merc gear is cheap and plentiful and just a few points less than heroics. Seriously, compare them side by side they aren't that different. I <3 Merc Gear.

And yes.. I don't like Elitism but you know for some people that's exciting. I probably won't do TA unless it's with friends. I'm disabled and CO is one of the social outlets I can enjoy easily. Yeah, I know... it sounds sad... lol.​​
    Cheap? It's Questionite or G value? Because for an average player, both would need to be grinded for. Granted that grinding Globals is easier than Q, you would still need to mostly rely on an alert, and even though it's fast, Smash is not always kind to ungeared players - not to mention that they would be, like i said, an unwilling liability. When talking about these things i of course speak about players who are not overpowered FF, which is a biggest part of population than one would expect (which is perfectly fine)

Personally i wasn't planning on doing TA either. Maybe if the rec prices were reasonable, i would work to replace my trusty Nem heirloom set with TA one. But if prices won't get fixed, i don't really feel like playing at all, considering i would be sitting on a mass of ungeared toons unless i forfeited all of my time to grinding and grinding and grinding.

I understand your social point though and i don't think it's sad, i met plenty great people and friends in-game as well. Which makes it even more so saddening to see the changes brought by TA patch. I never expected to wake up to "changes" like these.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    what are you playing that you keep dying in alerts? BTW, I only have Behemoth and Radiant to get to 40 for the set.
    and why is this a problem?
    you res, you run back.
    I'm more worried about the people who aggro everything and get others killed, than the ones who keep trying despite deaths. They at least , are trying.
    My recent Level 40, ended up with 115G, just from levelling through MISSIONS with alert bonuses as needed.
    get stuff from rewards and all the mobs you kill, sell the stuff you don't need.

her gear at 40.
    Vikorin gear I got from the AH and someone gave me one for free plus Worm temple primary utility.
    Normal purple secondaries.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2016
    Don't assume i'm talking about myself.
    As for dying, squishy pure DPS, that's who has the potential to die in an alert even if things go smoothly otherwise. This might come as a surprise but not every toon is FF, and not every party has a tank/healer.
    I agree that ressing and moving on is the way to go, but if you said you never were in an alert where impatient or fickle people started leaving after seeing not 100% performance, you would be lying.
    As for gold from levelling, of course you do get some. But hardly enough for a set of gear that's on par with once easily obtainable heroics, obviously. And saying that someone gave a piece to you is... not exactly advice either.

I can at least agree that purple secondaries are good enough. There is an abundance of them for various SS combinations and they are cheap. I've been using those and they worked well, here's hoping they don't decide to nerf Purple Secondary drops, too.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I routinely just use Nemesis heirloom gear on my toons. I have something like eight or nine sets of it. This gear is perfectly fine for everything in the game but hard lairs, Rampages, and probably the new epic lair.

There is no need for every one of my toons (I have 54) to have Heroic gear. Many end up with a mix of AH stuff, some just keep Q gear or Nem gear.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    Sorry if i went off on anyone in this thread, didn't mean to be mean, but this price raise is something i will never accept. I 'll try adapting to it, at best.

@roughbearmattach
    I do use Nem Heirloom for levelling up toons, though i never entertained the idea of getting more than one set and using that for 40's. But you might be onto something there, i remember it being easy to get, especially with many toons, plus it's better than nothing.
    I won't change my stance on these outrageous prices, but i will focus on the alternatives in-between that thousand year span of getting a Heroic piece.
    Thanks for all the advice from everyone and sorry for being a mean lean salt machine.
  • thechampion#0727 thechampion Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I can survive alerts just fine and i can survive TA just fine. I and many other players can solo many of the alerts. The point i am making us the "block the one shots and grind down lots of hit points on re-used clone characters" is wack, boring, and more of the same bad choices for content. Period.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    emperornf said:

I do use Nem Heirloom for levelling up toons, though i never entertained the idea of getting more than one set and using that for 40's.

You'll generally be better off with Armadillo gear; 11,000Q a piece is hardly a giant grind either.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    spinnytop wrote: »
    DARK SOULS! \( > w < )/
    Do you really need to compare Dark Souls with everything?
    Its not even the same theme and Genre
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

Generally Im NOT a fan of Gimmicks in battles than can Team Wipe!
    One of the reason I HATE Fire and Ice

The only Strategy I like ingame is Cybermind Colour Coded puzzle! Thats for me is a genius way to combine Boss battle with Enviroment!

Teleios for me was
    • You don't do this! YOU DIE!
    • You DO this? YOU DIE!
    • You don't kill this? YOU DIE!
    • You DO kill this? YOU DIE!
    • You DON'T pick this? YOU DIE!
    • You pick TOO MUCH of this? YOU DIE
    • Your teammate didn't do this? YOU DIE
    • You DON'T BLOCK this? YOU DIE
    • You Don't kill the ADDs? YOU DIE
    • Your teammates Died! YOU DIED
    • YOU DIED? YOU ARE DEAD!

YOU DIE! YOU DIE! YOU DIE! YOU DIE!
    YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD!

I'm surpiced we didn't died while picked the Final Loot and give in the Complete mission to the UNTIL NPC too!
    Litterly Everything in lair is a gimmick to Kill you, Maybe the NPC was filled with Explosives too!

And the Hot Potato puzzle in teleios final battle is [Redirannoying

Frustation, not fun!
    Yes FUN is Subjective, but not a single Fun was given that Day

OH you want to buy this thingy with the GOLD REG?
    Then farm a banjilion times this Sodomy Dungeon until you get all the GOLD REG needed!

DEVs need to understand that ONE SHOT mechanics is not really a good Endgame idea for Bosses\​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited February 2016
    avianos said:

YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD!

TA in a nutshell?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po77bJk1DdI

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    avianos said:

Stuff ​​

The only thing in TA that comes close to a "gimick" in TA is the stupid AIDS thing that telios applies [and that's only cuz the stacks take too long to fall off and too long to pass]

The other bosses don't really have anything gimicky...and if you're getting one-shot you're eaither not blocking or not dealing with the bombs on medusa

How to TA boss

Medusa: Block her TK eruption, touch the bombs [glowing balls] to diffuse them, taking only a maximum of 2 per person.
    Grond: Stay out of his puke puddles[cuz surprize, a dot from a level 45 boss actually hurts], past that it's the same as fighting OV grond
    Gravitar: avoid the huge blithering attack indicators by doing more than sitting about.
    Telisouar: It's literally the same as Telisouar on MI, just stronger.
    Telios: Pass off the AIDS dot he applies when it starts to kick your **** by standing near another player.

in conclusion, these are no more "gimicks" than the colour matching in cybermind.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    emperornf said:

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    avianos said:

Teleios for me was

Interesting. For me it was more like "Oh hey we get it now.... well, now it's pretty simple, neat!". Then again I'm a casual so maybe I'm just not as passionate as you.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    You make it sound simple. Practically, it's not. Tried it last night and we got no further than Medusa's second attack.

Why? It was a PUG - that's how the mission's presented - and therefore we had no idea of the team's level or capability. Everyone was paying attention at least, but.... we entered the room, Medusa drops an AoE attack, someone doesn't block it, they died. Medusa dropped the pink spheres, but now there aren't enough people to pick up the spheres. Team wipes.

Try again. Everyone blocks the first AoE. Medusa drops spheres. We don't quite pick up the spheres in time, as they're all over the room. Team wipes.

Try again. Everyone blocks the first AoE. Medusa drops spheres. Yay! We pick them up. Medusa uses lance rain. Someone dies. Medusa drops spheres, but now there aren't enough people to pick up the spheres. Team wipes.

And this is how it goes for 20 minutes or so before everyone gives up. Everyone's up for it, but it's obvious that we don't have a team capable of getting out of the first room, or any information on how to put such a team together. And it's not about skill, or how we're playing - it's about base stats and tanking, and it's decided before we enter the room.

I'm used to difficulty. I'm from the age of coin-op games, which were utterly unsympathetic to the customer's hard earned cash. But even those games offered hope that the next game would be longer, and that the player would improve in time, if you kept playing. TA is the equivalent of a coin-op game which tells you you'll make no progress until you're wearing the right hat (and no, we're not going to tell you what hat it might be).

It looks nicely put together and the mechanics look fun - I'm sure it's a good challenge if you're of the right level. But it could be even better (and be a fun experience for more people) with just a little more thought.

avianos said:

spinnytop wrote: »

DARK SOULS! \( > w < )/

Do you really need to compare Dark Souls with everything?

Its not even the same theme and Genre

xcelsior41 wrote: »

Generally Im NOT a fan of Gimmicks in battles than can Team Wipe!

One of the reason I HATE Fire and Ice

The only Strategy I like ingame is Cybermind Colour Coded puzzle! Thats for me is a genius way to combine Boss battle with Enviroment!

Teleios for me was
    • You don't do this! YOU DIE!
    • You DO this? YOU DIE!
    • You don't kill this? YOU DIE!
    • You DO kill this? YOU DIE!
    • You DON'T pick this? YOU DIE!
    • You pick TOO MUCH of this? YOU DIE
    • Your teammate didn't do this? YOU DIE
    • You DON'T BLOCK this? YOU DIE
    • You Don't kill the ADDs? YOU DIE
    • Your teammates Died! YOU DIED
    • YOU DIED? YOU ARE DEAD!

YOU DIE! YOU DIE! YOU DIE! YOU DIE!

YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD!

I'm surpiced we didn't died while picked the Final Loot and give in the Complete mission to the UNTIL NPC too!

Litterly Everything in lair is a gimmick to Kill you, Maybe the NPC was filled with Explosives too!

And the Hot Potato puzzle in teleios final battle is [Redirannoying

Frustation, not fun!

Yes FUN is Subjective, but not a single Fun was given that Day

OH you want to buy this thingy with the GOLD REG?

Then farm a banjilion times this Sodomy Dungeon until you get all the GOLD REG needed!

DEVs need to understand that ONE SHOT mechanics is not really a good Endgame idea for Bosses\​​

You make it sound simple. Practically, it's not. Tried it last night and we got no further than Medusa's second attack.

Why? It was a PUG - that's how the mission's presented - and therefore we had no idea of the team's level or capability. Everyone was paying attention at least, but.... we entered the room, Medusa drops an AoE attack, someone doesn't block it, they died. Medusa dropped the pink spheres, but now there aren't enough people to pick up the spheres. Team wipes.

Try again. Everyone blocks the first AoE. Medusa drops spheres. We don't quite pick up the spheres in time, as they're all over the room. Team wipes.

Try again. Everyone blocks the first AoE. Medusa drops spheres. Yay! We pick them up. Medusa uses lance rain. Someone dies. Medusa drops spheres, but now there aren't enough people to pick up the spheres. Team wipes.

And this is how it goes for 20 minutes or so before everyone gives up. Everyone's up for it, but it's obvious that we don't have a team capable of getting out of the first room, or any information on how to put such a team together. And it's not about skill, or how we're playing - it's about base stats and tanking, and it's decided before we enter the room.

I'm used to difficulty. I'm from the age of coin-op games, which were utterly unsympathetic to the customer's hard earned cash. But even those games offered hope that the next game would be longer, and that the player would improve in time, if you kept playing. TA is the equivalent of a coin-op game which tells you you'll make no progress until you're wearing the right hat (and no, we're not going to tell you what hat it might be).

It looks nicely put together and the mechanics look fun - I'm sure it's a good challenge if you're of the right level. But it could be even better (and be a fun experience for more people) with just a little more thought.

Both of these quote pretty much sums my feelings. One shot? Really? CO. How many times does it have to be said that one-shot doesn't equal innovative challenge.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    For me personally, I didn't really enjoy it either. The rewards aren't rewarding at all, and are even less so when they add more grind into the gearing process. At least it's not as bad as the Rampages, where you just get a chance at the grind rewards but still. This game is too dead, broken, and/or outdated for the grind to be this bad.

I understand that we have a dev team of maybe 10? people, and most of them probably aren't doing much aside from lockboxing, but still... This just wasn't fun, it wasn't rewarding, and the game is so dead at times that I couldn't even get into test the thing before it went live.

They've been told before that one shot mechanics aren't fun. As the healer, if I literally (not figuratively) have to block the whole time, that's not fun. I'm I'm being constantly being mauled to death in literally two seconds, regardless of blocks, healing, or aggro, that's not fun. What happened to building characters for fun, rather than having to have build X or build Y for any end game content? I have a great healer going, so when I can't revive the team or even play the game due to bad mechanics, that's not fun. As a DPS, it sucks being unable to protect the healer, or having to wade through a constant add spawn, so the actual boss takes forever. I haven't tried tanking yet, but from the sound of things, that's a pain as well. Maybe this wouldn't have been so bad, had they not nerfed CC into oblivion years back, so I wouldn't have had to change my Psi build. Has any one CC'd this? Given how few enemies it effects and the constant no one caring and aoe spamming, does it even work here?

This isn't even complaining about the villains or anything either.

Although now, at least, Grond can't run away like a b- when he's getting beat.

I just...

I'm thankful that we're at least getting somethingm but given the price gouging on the silver gear, and how little of a reward you're getting from anything in this game anymore, it's just not worth it. Recycling villiains people don't like to play against, on maps no one plays on, for rewards you're either barely getting or not even getting (because it's a terrible chance based drop) is just poor development. This is something that can be done in the foundry, so why we're having it passed off on us as actual content is really just a waste.

I know there are real people working on this, and I know they're trying with what little PWE/Cryptic is giving them, and at least this was free unlike the considerably overpriced everything that isn't, but I would much rather see this effort/time being used to fix things, bring in new power sets, and maybe even give the game a graphical update like CoH did. I would love to see this game look more like STO or NW.

The point is, the company is way too out of touch with their games and their communities, and the content they're pushing only shows that. They need to lower store prices, make things worth playing (loot wise AND fun wise), and start making content people actual want, rather than things no body asked for.

People will readily tell you how to take there money. Listen to that please. I don't want each new thing to just be an entirely unrelated grind to all of the other grinds. Star Trek Online does that, and it's killing the game.

If you're going to put out unsatisfying or elitest style crap, you need to at least go through and either fix balance everything, or at least teach people in game how to utilize the broken stuff or min/max what isn't broken.

It's not fun, it's not rewarding, it's not something that really seemed like it took too long to make. I really don't want to sound rude, but I really don't know how else to put it. A passionate plea for better content isn't something that should be hard to resolve in a game with potential. Content like this, shouldn't be our "endgame".
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    People did ask for lair re-vamps. They just made that lair only for the smallest section of the playerbase and full of horrid bugs.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    How long did it take people to start finishing Fire and Ice regularly?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Never had many issues with F&I. So, same day? Maybe two? People figured out sniper tanking was super effective right away. I pretty much only did PUGs while F&I was still hot and most of the time they went well. I only queued as ATs since that's all I had at the time.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    So give it another two weeks and people will have it all figured out. This thread is amusing.

T1yHj4q.gif​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    It's REALLY not that bad; we had 3 runs tonight with 0 wipes, and finished in about ~45 minutes each time; one of them even done in just over half an hour. It's definitely not pug-friendly at all, though; not really melee-dps friendly at all either. But once everyone figures it out, it'll be fine.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
    It'll be fine for players with optimised builds and a regular group of friends to play the lair with. They'll play it until they've got the items they want, and then they'll drop it, and hang around the forums telling everyone else how their experience of it is all wrong. Just like every other lair in-game. And as has already been mentioned a 1,000 times, that's a bit of a waste.

Thanks for the new content - honestly, no sarcasm. But next time, please make some content which is designed to be regularly replayed by low-to-medium power lvl 40s in PUGs, to add some direction and fun to the gearing grind you've just put in place. Those level 45 villains in the first two levels of TA are a good place to start; and there's so many good villains and set-ups in the game already which are almost forgotten, and it would be good to see them getting powered up to lvl 40 and kicking some ****. (I mean you, Kevin Poe. Revenge will be yours...)
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Genetic Siphon is stopping me(And Team) from Completing it.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    Hmm. Apparently the reason why the lair has this level of difficulty is because "Gravitar (rampage) is soloable" (according to the Dev involved). Ever seen it done?

(I've seen someone solo Gravi from 15% health when the team wiped, but never the whole way....)
    edited February 2016

Hmm. Apparently the reason why the lair has this level of difficulty is because "Gravitar (rampage) is soloable" (according to the Dev involved). Ever seen it done?

(I've seen someone solo Gravi from 15% health when the team wiped, but never the whole way....)

I uh..don't think it's too pratical(I mean, it can be done, just..why? that's what..2-3hrs of your time with a min/max?). I mean..I can sustain for quite a bit in Grav on a lot of toons but that doesn't mean I want 1-shot lair that's basically a block-fest/elite, one-trick pony build endgame content. Plus, it's not PUG friendly, so, unless you know some all-star players your screwed.(Not to say that's always the case, but still..)

42 40s, LTSer.
    It'll be fine for players with optimised builds and a regular group of friends to play the lair with. They'll play it until they've got the items they want, and then they'll drop it, and hang around the forums telling everyone else how their experience of it is all wrong. Just like every other lair in-game. And as has already been mentioned a 1,000 times, that's a bit of a waste.

Thanks for the new content - honestly, no sarcasm. But next time, please make some content which is designed to be regularly replayed by low-to-medium power lvl 40s in PUGs, to add some direction and fun to the gearing grind you've just put in place. Those level 45 villains in the first two levels of TA are a good place to start; and there's so many good villains and set-ups in the game already which are almost forgotten, and it would be good to see them getting powered up to lvl 40 and kicking some ****. (I mean you, Kevin Poe. Revenge will be yours...)

Think everyone's had that for the past 6 years. It's about time something was made. As far as need high geared players, well once again we've been taking "undergeared" and far from optimized AT builds in our groups so yea, it's definitely not optimization or gear holding people back.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Really tired of this attitude some people have when they just assume everyone else has no idea what they doing and are just suck at the instance. Last I checked, CO doesn't have spectator mode and no one here has psychic powers. There are encounter breaking bugs. Grats, the content is made specifically for *you* and there are bugs / issues you will never see because of it.

Grond's AI breaking with ranged tanks has nothing to do with skill. Having too much desync making it impossible to ever successfully block certain attacks has nothing to do with skill. Actually, let's face it, having twitch reflexes has nothing to do with skill either. Standing on an orb and nothing happening causing a team wipe has nothing to do with skill.

Challenge doesn't work when you having to deal with encounter breaking bugs and issues.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Still wondering why the OP posted this in the Suggestions Box sub-forum. The only "suggestions" implicit in his post were, well, kinda anatomically impossible. :/
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    sterga said:

Really tired of this attitude some people have when they just assume everyone else has no idea what they doing and are just suck at the instance.

For some it is part of the appeal because they take pleasure in being dismissive of their (amusingly always varied) vision of the 'unwashed masses'. And they get to double up on their childish ridicule when and if the difficulty is scaled back. Edgy The Hedgehog style.

Others can't see (but without direct maliciousness) because they are unable or unwilling to detach themselves from their own perspective; what is evident to them is the 'plain truth' and other perspectives are simply wrong or flawed. This is quite common, really - it's just the nature of human ego...

On one hand I am happy for those who enjoy the content for what it is, and my own limited experience with it isn't quite enough to utterly write it off, per say, but on the other I despise this lair from a personal taste standpoint. I am not a MMO masochist. I would have to find the silver lining.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I've been loving it so far, the bomb thing where they don't want to pop, hop on it a few times by tapping jump; that should get it to pop for you, the grond deal, you really do need to try to keep him away from everyone else; and the DPS need to face his back as much as possible, all of those cones can just come out and one shot everyone. Even if you're a ranged tank, keep him hugged up against you, and keep the puke puddles arranged in a cluster that you can always face, so that you don't get knocked into them in case you miss a block when he jumps.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
    edited February 2016
    sterga wrote: »
    Really tired of this attitude some people have when they just assume everyone else has no idea what they doing and are just suck at the instance.

When people have disproven the common theory that it must be this issue, (ie it's all a gear issue, which it is not) and people refuse to believe any other way, then the only recourse left then is that you are doing something wrong. And yes, I have been on a few bad runs, and most of the time it was because someone was doing something wrong, such as multiple people tunnel visioning on Medusa instead of picking up bombs, or people not blocking when the alpha shot goes out, or people not bothering to pay attention to the count on the hot potatoe mechanic. The first recourse of someone claiming that something is impossible or too difficult is often to blame it on gear, or it's not tuned properly, instead of actually reviewing their tactics.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

No, because that would require 9 people to stand around doing nothing in a Rampage. Soloing Gravitar with a DE tank would otherwise be pretty straightforward.
    sterga said:

Grond's AI breaking with ranged tanks has nothing to do with skill. Having too much desync making it impossible to ever successfully block certain attacks has nothing to do with skill.

Do you have high lag? Gravitar's late stage bubbles are very fast. Alternately, you might be being trapped by the timing glitches on Medusa. I've seen Grond tanked by a ranged tank, you wind up at melee range anyway because he lunges but I haven't seen any AI glitches.
    edited February 2016
    No, because that would require 9 people to stand around doing nothing in a Rampage. Soloing Gravitar with a DE tank would otherwise be pretty straightforward.

I've solo'd Gravitar, on multiple occasions. It's not fun. We essentially solo'd Gravitar on the first test pass because of her bugged damage. It was not fun waiting 40 minutes.
    Do you have high lag? Gravitar's late stage bubbles are very fast. Alternately, you might be being trapped by the timing glitches on Medusa. I've seen Grond tanked by a ranged tank, you wind up at melee range anyway because he lunges but I haven't seen any AI glitches.

The only glitch in the AI I've seen is Grond running back and forth but outside of a few moments where I couldn't get in a few strikes I've never really lost aggro. Hell ranged tanking should have it easy against Grond because you can keep a constant barrage going where as a melee tank might have lulls in the actual maintained threat. But then agian I also bring tanking tools to the fight, such as Fractal Aegis.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    rtma said:

Genetic Siphon is stopping me(And Team) from Completing it.

Considering that you can both heal AND resist the damage the damage it does, have you considered blocking with having a HoT tick?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    Grats on those of you who don't get bugs in TA. Both runs I did were bug city.

Grond had a seizure instead of lunging at my ranged tank. He ended up doing nothing but spamming rad spit and ground slam. Sometime throwing in one other ranged attack in the mix. He didn't even try to close the gap at that point. The video I watched with a melee tank had a pretty cake time compared to the crap I dealt with. So, if Grond is spamming me with rad spit, do you think I have aggro? *rhetorical*

Very first Medusa fight I immediately block the insta aoe only to take massive damage anyway, which apparently is glitchy. Great. I then had three orbs spawn right on top of me that refused to get picked up. I went over to a fourth orb, which also wouldn't get picked up. Team wipe because stupid bug. Fabulous.

The only "challenge" I've found with these fight so far is dealing with bugs.