test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions Online: New Content Update - Teleios Ascendant on PTS!

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Wait a min now....more content?? I thought this was a dying game.

You guys didn't get the memo? :wink:
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Duplicate
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Sounds good!, I do hope that you'll fix the Mind Control Bugs too!
    Psi.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    So, this will be tested by having one person go and solo it, right?
  • Options
    dragonfist8dragonfist8 Posts: 82 Arc User
    it's on pts now

• Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Sadly PTS appears to be "closed for maintenance". Full, I expect.
  • Options
    it was added for about 2 minutes, but they closed it again for further maintenance

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    "Epic"?​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    yeah, most likely their version of an "epic dungeon" meaning it'll most likely be a tough one requiring a pretty well balanced team

• Options
    That sounds fun, if it's the case. But generally these things get steamrollered.
  • Options
    yeeeaah it's definitely tough. me and my team managed to get through 3 of the villains, but couldn't get past gravitar, as she is ridiculously powerful and with 20K force cascades, in which she doubles up on at 1/3 health dropped. Plus the 6 mil health is quite high

• Options
    yeah the other 3 were challenging, but we managed to defeat them. We kept teliosaur facing the back wall, as the rest of the group stayed behind him

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Most of it seems to be the same old Telios Tower (minus Buster). Only the 4 boss fights at the end were much different. I understand Telios is all about clones, but to liven things up a bit it would be nice to have some hired lower tier villains in the mix before one gets to the boss fights.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    Oh no, not the 20k spike attacks (again). Might as well not bother bringing your ATs, new lvl 40s, returning players... especially as they've taken Servitor Serum out of the Silver Champs store. Can they not use the mechanic they used to stop OVs griefing the Clarence event?

An unblocked Force Cascade from Gravitar should do dmg equal to 90-95% of the player's base health, and debuff the player (remove energy forms, etc). It should be dangerous but not fatal - that'll stop people mindlessly tanking/blasting away because they've already done the build/DR calculations before they go into the mission. It would let healers be healers rather than resurrectionists, and make people worry about game mechanics (who's holding aggro, threat wipes, etc). Much better than the usual Surprise! You're Dead!
  • Options
    crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    We've done a lot of re-balancing, so Gold players should check it out on PTS when you get the chance. Always looking for more feedback!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so how does it go with a random group of AT's not in Justice or Legion gear?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    Are Servitor Serums going to be available anymore? If so, where?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    chaelk said:

This content is not intended for pick-up groups with low-end gear. However, we've had reports from PTS that a well put-together team of ATs with decent gear can pull it off.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Guess that means I'll never be playing this content. Thanks for the heads up.
    Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

chaelk said:

This content is not intended for pick-up groups with low-end gear. However, we've had reports from PTS that a well put-together team of ATs with decent gear can pull it off.
    And what would you say is decent gear? Heroics will be time-consuming at best for a casual(5 SCR comes from actually doing the new lair).
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options

chaelk said:

And what would you say is decent gear? Heroics will be time-consuming at best for a casual(5 SCR comes from actually doing the new lair).
    Yup, Heroics.
  • Options
    so how does it go with a random group of AT's not in Justice or Legion gear?

Heroic and Mercenery IS the low end gear.
    so there will be NO regular queue for this, only Private queues

And unless you fix or remove the RNG on Justice token drops, you have a small group of people with Justice gear.
    some people just cannot get token drops.​​

• Options
    bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    chaelk said:

The Elite Squad :smile:
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • Options
    bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    bazodee said:

chaelk said:

The Elite Squad :smile:

I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • Options
    It's likely doable with Armadillo gear, but it's certainly something that's tougher than F&I, so yeah, I wouldn't bet on pugs.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    INB4 Elitists who make Private Queues for this Lair, Decline players who have Heroics and Demand you to have Legion & Justice to be part of the Group!
    This may become World of Warcraft Raids all over again!

I'm not looking forward for this Content at all, especially after the Oslaught Update failure​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    avianos said:

INB4 Elitists who make Privage Queues for this Lair, Decline players who have Heroics and Demand you to have Legion & Justice to be part of the Group!

I hope not, being unrealistic and selfish because they would prioritize their prize then enjoying it as a team... and being valued as part of a team.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

Same here. Hope this isn't a sign of things going forward.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    avianos said:

INB4 Elitists who make Private Queues for this Lair, Decline players who have Heroics and Demand you to have Legion & Justice to be part of the Group!

It's far more likely that they'll decline people that they don't know. A good player in Heroics is better than a bad player in Justice.
  • Options
    Huh, it's gone live today. Not sure what the PTS was for since the launch happened so quickly.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    jonsills said:

Same here. Hope this isn't a sign of things going forward.
    I wouldn't rule it out as becoming the new norm..many people misconstrue this as challenging to all when in reality it'll just become the elite few. Ergo, elitism.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    and so it begins.
    2/5 4:48] [Zone #2] : LF2 DPS with atleast 10k health
    that cuts out ALL mine, i think I have one character with 10k health​​

• Options
    chaelk said:

and so it begins.

^
    ^
    ^
    THIS. This is what I was trying to explain to championshewolf, and others like them:
    *ahem* Oh boy this is gonna be a big one:

THIS IS NOT WoW

theirs no place here for that type of team advertising. None

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User

chaelk said:

and so it begins.

^
    ^
    ^
    THIS. This is what I was trying to explain to championshewolf, and others like them:
    *ahem* Oh boy this is gonna be a big one:

THIS IS NOT WoW

theirs no place here for that type of team advertising. None
    I guess none of my characters will get picked then. They're all under 10k. :tongue:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    cyrone said:

I guess none of my characters will get picked then. They're all under 10k. :tongue:

So were 4/5 of the team I went in with last time (we finished in about an hour). It's nice to have more than base health, particularly if you're doing something that means you can't keep your eyes focused on the boss, but more than 10k health isn't required.
  • Options
    An hour? Yeesh. No ta. World of Warships calls.... :)
  • Options
    I've been practicing for this though, "Level 40 Prie-I mean-Support LF new lair" :P

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Well. Thanks dev team. While I like that the game is getting new content...I'm hanging up my mantle of PFF. As soon as I can build my resource pool, my main tank will be switched to Invuln from PFF. Since PFF gets wrecked instantly when trying to tank.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    cyrone said:

Well. Thanks dev team. While I like that the game is getting new content...I'm hanging up my mantle of PFF. As soon as I can build my resource pool, my main tank will be switched to Invuln from PFF. Since PFF gets wrecked instantly when trying to tank.

I have to agree with this sentiment.

There are certain characters who I will not be running through this lair on, and that is a shame.

This lair in some parts feels unpolished and is prone to generate frustration for players (and it has).
  • Options

cyrone said:

I have to agree with this sentiment.

There are certain characters who I will not be running through this lair on, and that is a shame.

This lair in some parts feels unpolished and is prone to generate frustration for players (and it has).
    I couldn't agree more, it seems as if it'll be Invuln w/IDF and even then you'll still need a healer :/

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Wow from reading these comments it sounds like any "balance" changes don't necessarily balance anything. Why don't these events have adjustable difficulty? Naturally, they should be tough missions, but a group with heroic gear should have a level they can do, whereas groups with higher gear can bump the difficulty up. I'm not sure what to think about that; City of Heroes (another Cryptic game) had automatic adjustments and player-requested adjustments for mission difficulty. So why can't Champions Online?

I guess a lot of people would say, "Champions Online ain't no City of Heroes!" That is true, but this is 2016. Online game developers should already know to take certain things into account (soloing v. grouping; heavily geared team v. medium geared team; etc.) MMORPG's are not new. So why is the current Cryptic crew so out of touch?

Well, to be fair, that's how it seems to me. Feel free to disagree.
  • Options
    there is adjustable difficulty. this is run on normal unless the team leader goes oops and forgets to change off what they were on before​​

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Difficulty is not adjustable on insta-death team wipes. Difficulty would be Medusa's psi-bomb drops starting off more slowly spaced and with lower damage, and then getting progressively faster and faster, doing more and more damage, depending on the team difficulty slider. This is fun, because it gets people into the mechanics of the room without immediately killing them off (increasing involvement) and increases the tension during play. No-one's going to one-shot her, she's got about 6mil HP, so all teams would have to face the challenge, and they could crank it up as hard as they wanted.
  • Options

Difficulty is not adjustable on insta-death team wipes. Difficulty would be Medusa's psi-bomb drops starting off more slowly spaced and with lower damage, and then getting progressively faster and faster, doing more and more damage, depending on the team difficulty slider. This is fun, because it gets people into the mechanics of the room without immediately killing them off (increasing involvement) and increases the tension during play. No-one's going to one-shot her, she's got about 6mil HP, so all teams would have to face the challenge, and they could crank it up as hard as they wanted.

^
    I truly get tired of saying: This

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User

I could be on board for something like this.

As apposed to Mario Bros mini-games. Missed a jump - boo doo boo ba doo doo - DOO!

Perhaps the next lair will have a sing-off. Hit the right keys in succession or PARTY WIIIIIIPE! Actually, if team wipes will continue being the 'dynamic' going forward, I request the voice guy from the Alerts to chime in with that with big letters flashing across the screen. Just go full troll, already, and do it with style.

PARTY WIIIIIPE!
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

cyrone said:

So were 4/5 of the team I went in with last time (we finished in about an hour). It's nice to have more than base health, particularly if you're doing something that means you can't keep your eyes focused on the boss, but more than 10k health isn't required.
    How long did it take you to form the team? Curious.
  • Options
    darqaura2 said:

How long did it take you to form the team? Curious.

That particular time dunno. Typically takes a bit of time unless we're running multiple in succession.