test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of BL:R - How Did It Get Like This?

semitone512semitone512 Posts: 9 Arc User
I will immediately say that the death of this game is one part (50%) the entire BL:R Community and one part HSL/ Zombie (50%).
The reason I say this is because we wished and pleaded for an update that brought us up-to-date with what PS4 was receiving in terms of weapons, maps, updates etc.. and that we hadn't had anything for quite some time. HSL Finally listened and released Parity, which initially was a fantastic step in "the right direction" towards "improving" the game, but soon realized it was nothing more than a half-assed PS4 to PC port; all of the signs are there. IMO, porting BL:R and dedicating all of their dev. team to a PS4 Port was a waste of time and a mistake.

The community held the dev. team up to some pretty high standards with talks of new balancing, maps, updates to fix and improve optimization, but there comes a certain point that you can only do so much at any given time. With that being said, it then comes to HSL for essentially ignoring at any point any comments we have or not giving us any information at all. According to Michael on Twitter, HSL is working on a "New project", but at this point I could care less, considering the lack of response. I thought initially that the BL:R Community SDK was going to be a fantastic way for vets and newer players to create new maps and share ideas, but that is completely useless unless the development team actually sees and implements the projects people have submitted. People immediately recognized nothing was being looked at and stopped. Hell, the talks of bringing back siege and other maps would have been neat.

I remember Domino saying something along the lines of recoil being damn near taken out because "Its more intuitive". Not when the game is based around customization to where each part is unique towards stats. Every gun is a laser now, even the high-damage TAR builds. Then again, we screamed for updates and got pissy when our needs weren't met right away.

This is a small, half-assed rant.

IG: Insignia-17

Comments

• I don't agree completely with this. Whatever happened wasn't the community's fault; if you go at a McDonald's and order a Big Mac, you expect a Big Mac, not a half eaten Whopper Jr. It's the same thing here, the community wanted an update to the game, not a half assed PS4 port with most of the game's featured removed.

Seriously, all HSL had to do was put the new maps and stuff into the PC build or at least port over the old recoil values to the new version, it really isn't that hard.

Also, the BL:R editor really disappointed a lot of people, including me. Why even release it if they never intended to even look at any of the community maps, let alone put any of them into the game? For example, I have finished my map, Zenith, with upgraded visuals and a very slightly changed layout, but I never even bothered to update the workshop with it because nobody cares. I was also working on 4 other maps at the same time, which will probably never be completed and will definitely never see the light of day, they were going to be pretty good too in my opinion.

I have just enough experience in working with game engines such as Unity and UE4 to tell you that none of what we asked for was hard, it just required them to give a **** about the game. I assure you that if they gave the game's project files to the community, we'd have a new version of BL:R with recoil, new character parts, dozens of bug fixes and at least 10 new maps within a month.
  • > @enigmajetmoto#1965 said:
    > I don't agree completely with this. Whatever happened wasn't the community's fault; if you go at a McDonald's and order a Big Mac, you expect a Big Mac, not a half eaten Whopper Jr. It's the same thing here..."

LMFAO...I cant argue with that logic and totally agree. LOL !
    They could have done all this stuff easily or invited community players who have actually developed a game and let them have at the BLR game files they would have given everything we had been asking for. This is 100% HSLs Fault. No doubt about it.
  • superk111er#6925 superk111er Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    The Game is completely laggy. Just horrible. It's really unplayable, the only ones who can play really are those with super amped up PCs, or Aimbotters, or hackers or Beta Testers because they were given some type of account with advantages that other players do not get. I mean theyre really unfair things going in the servers and some of the players who are able to shoot people every single time in one or two shots or when you run around a corner in time you still get hit and die. Its just unfair. For example you get a player like Network Wi Fi who gets to kill people 25 times in a row and no one gets to hit him once unless they are using an aimbot. That's totally unfair.
  • jamjam4#6273 jamjam4 Posts: 1 New User
    game is dead no one is on as of 11/22/17, cant find a single game in usa server and Europe cant get a full lobby, I remember back in the day this game had so many people. took a break from the game came back turns out new people run this game and I cant get my old account back.
  • xenowolf20xenowolf20 Posts: 805 Arc User
    Not having a nude patch is really problematic. I say that is wholly the cause of BLR's current state.