test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game is NOT dead

igotbannedthriceigotbannedthrice Posts: 132 Arc User
edited March 5 in The Dropship
A dead game implies literally one or two servers with barely any players.

BL:R still has loyal fans and players. HSL is busy with other projects, and they will casually update the game whenever they want.

If you enjoy it, play it.

Please stop with the amateur dramatics. You should be glad this game still has a decent playerbase and you can pop some heads once in a while. I haven't posted on these forums in years but damn those attention seeking posts are just sad at this point.

Stop.

img]

Comments

• stalecurdlestalecurdle Posts: 511 Arc User
    Starting with what I agree on:

BL:R still has loyal fans. HSL is busy with other projects, and they will casually update the game whenever they want.

If you enjoy it, play it.Stop.

Concerning the rest: I disagree with what "a dead game" implies. For a game that lacks the capability of updating, I'd say your definition fits. Except BLR is capable of updates, and any given update brings the possibility of reviving the population. The problem here is that BLR staff have told us that there is no further work on updates scheduled for the remainder of 2017. No improvements means stagnation, and on a game this old that has been begging for a meaningful update for eons, this implies some form of life support at the very least.

I doubt BLR players are as loyal as you think. My wager is if a similar F2P title came down the tube, you'd see population jumping ship faster than RMS Titanic's final moments above sea level.

I mean, I get it. It's difficult to watch helplessly as a community you were once an important part of slowly slips away. My advice would be to try to fondly remember the good old days, and maybe just be glad this game still has a decent playerbase so you can pop some heads once in a while. If that's too difficult, I'd recommend you stop arranging obviously biased posts like this one, as you're clearly outing yourself as one of the ten BLR disciples loyalists who might follow this game across multiple sites downvoting anything that reflects poorly on the title.

No really, it's sad. You all should just stop.
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -A. Einstein
    Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts. -E. B. White
    Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest violence. Hebrew Proverb
    Prejudices are what fools use for reason. -Voltaire
    The less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice. -Clint Eastwood

I like Reddit! PWEisBest! I like movies! ET phone home! I like word puzzles and Aesop's Fables!

Twitter confirms HSL and PWE are the donkeys
  • pur3icepur3ice Posts: 136 Arc User
    i peek in every 6 months to see what happened.
    Haven't really played it since the AK was new tho, waiting for some gameplay updates to look into it again.
  • leo17453leo17453 Posts: 170 Arc User
    Doesn't look like they're busy with ****.
    Welp, that went nowhere.
  • victimhuntervictimhunter Posts: 158 Arc User

A dead game implies literally one or two servers with barely any players.

BL:R still has loyal fans and players. HSL is busy with other projects, and they will casually update the game whenever they want.

If you enjoy it, play it.

Please stop with the amateur dramatics. You should be glad this game still has a decent playerbase and you can pop some heads once in a while. I haven't posted on these forums in years but damn those attention seeking posts are just sad at this point.

Stop.

They are busy with what? please explain.

Game is DEAD if you like it or not, Devs confirmed this with their bulshit way of 1 update this year, keep lying to yourself.
    Want to prove it otherwise? sadly its imposible, game is alive only thanks to players who keep playing this game even though it has absolute no support.
  • xenowolf20xenowolf20 Posts: 805 Arc User
    I logged in and saw "literally" no players. Guess the game is dead then.

You stop.
    Not that I need to tell you that. This forum is almost as dead as the actual game. B)
  • adam222adam222 Posts: 174 Arc User

I logged in and saw "literally" no players. Guess the game is dead then.

You stop.

Not that I need to tell you that. This forum is almost as dead as the actual game. B)

Knew that since parity >.>

• thatsmomothatsmomo Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 29

Game is DEAD if you like it or not, Devs confirmed this with their bulshit way of 1 update this year

Seriously... learn to read. lordalf stated numerous times that BLR itself isn't generating much revenue on both PC and PS4. Or, to put it in other words: they can't afford working on BLR for the time being. That's why HSL does contract work for other companies in order to get enough income to continue working on BLR. The other "alternative" would be closing down the servers and the game.

I'd rather wait a whole year or two until new content and fixes come, than seeing this game going down the drain forever.

This forum is almost as dead as the actual game. B)

Yeah... sure. That's why people still comment. Because it's a dead forum.
    @thatsmomo
    Who was it that just told the other guy to "learn to read"?
    Nibba, I said "almost as dead". Learn to read.
    thatsmomo said:

Game is DEAD if you like it or not, Devs confirmed this with their bulshit way of 1 update this year

Seriously... learn to read. lordalf stated numerous times that BLR itself isn't generating much revenue on both PC and PS4. Or, to put it in other words: they can't afford working on BLR for the time being. That's why HSL does contract work for other companies in order to get enough income to continue working on BLR. The other "alternative" would be closing down the servers and the game.

I'd rather wait a whole year or two until new content and fixes come, than seeing this game going down the drain forever.

This forum is almost as dead as the actual game. B)

Yeah... sure. That's why people still comment. Because it's a dead forum.
    Dude stop this epic crusade of "the game is not dead" since it already was confirmed by Community Moderator that there is no longer any support for the game, its left on its own.

We were suppoused to have 1 in this year, and what? its 8 months past and there is no **** thing.

Even Blacklist is no longer being taken care off.

Get your **** together.

• subzertitanssubzertitans Posts: 298 Arc User
    We' still up in' here?
    Getting back into Blacklight and the community.
    --
    I also make various videos.
    You can play with me here. Maybe.

it already was confirmed by Community Moderator that there is no longer any support for the game, its left on its own.

We were suppoused to have 1 in this year, and what? its 8 months past and there is no **** thing.

Even Blacklist is no longer being taken care off.

Get your **** together.

I'd like to see this for myself, where was it confirmed?
    Welp, that went nowhere.
  • dcthingy2dcthingy2 Posts: 207 Community Moderator
    edited August 8
    @leo17453

That said, I don't think we should rule them out completely yet. I will continue to play the game, and I'll continue to hope.
    But what about PWE? Last time I checked they've completely given up.
    Welp, that went nowhere.
  • skyydyyvertskyydyyvert Posts: 1,115 Arc User
    Logged in around 2pm earlier today, guess what.... an hour of koth. Played yesterday too.
    Sadly only a few servers going though. They were full though. I tried to populate a few other servers and none of them worked....couldn't start the match :(
    dcthingy2 said:

@leo17453

That said, I don't think we should rule them out completely yet. I will continue to play the game, and I'll continue to hope.

They are repeating this promise over and over, last time they claimed that "one update will come out this year" and look how it ended.
  • slamtoastslamtoast Posts: 5 Arc User
    Just had a chat with terrakz about how good BLR was back in the day!
    Checked the blacklist and it was down. Seems like it's more of the same over here...
    So yeah, idk. Thanks for all the good times etc
    - fridge
  • mastercolex2mastercolex2 Posts: 30 Arc User
    i use to play the hell out of this game, ive got over 5000 hours on playing, a former TooL clan member, and BCL player. i really wish they would bring the game back before the patch. i loved it, and i would come back and play if they did this. i know many people would too. there are some great players out there DOMINO, AITA, Zero, to name only a few good friends and players would come back most likely. RIP old BLR i sure do miss you.
    How about now?
    Is the game any less dead?
    Is Santa real?
    Do leprechauns exist?
    How much can I get for this unicorn's horn?
    Is that a big foot I see?
  • skyydyyvertskyydyyvert Posts: 1,115 Arc User
    You know whats dead?
    Gits first assault....lol, BLR outlasted gits, I mean barely, but still...
    > @skyydyyvert said:
    > You know whats dead?
    > Gits first assault....lol, BLR outlasted gits, I mean barely, but still...
    It just means they know when to quit.
  • kxinfg54kxinfg54 Posts: 20 Arc User
    I am realy crying, blr was best game ever played in my life, 35 years I am playing games
    why... I am realy sad, maybe better to buy server licence of OLD blr from arc and do own servers, they still have old version somewhere on discs, how much could it cost 100 000$ ? maybe I can spare for it

there is still no similar game like OLD blr on the market, is huge change to earn money from users, why Arc did not do anything why