test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BLR updates for 2017

l0rdalfl0rdalf Posts: 474 Hardsuit Labs Developer
Hello Agents,

I hope this finds everyone in the community doing well.

Our plans for BLR this year are pretty minimalist at this time. We have a patch for BLR currently going through QA which revolves around general stability fixes as well as addressing a number of Clan issues. While there is no ETA on when the patch will be released, I imagine it should happen before April. Past this next patch there are no plans for further patches this year, and that includes any potential new content or balancing. While the studio is completely heads down on new projects, that doesn’t mean it is out of the realm of possibility for surprising the community with a patch later in the year. Just make note that there isn’t any planned as of right now.

I'll update when we have additional information.
-alf
Lord ALF
VP - Hardsuit Labs
-=HSL=- -=LordALF=-

Comments

• pur3icepur3ice Posts: 136 Arc User
    I think thats a clear statement.

And a better one, one that the community can live with.
    You know, if there is content its like a nice gift from you to us, rather then something that was supposed to happen at some point.
  • tgehydralisktgehydralisk Posts: 173 Arc User
    Though this is a bittersweet feeling to have, I'm pretty thankful that it's at least closure and not being let on. Hope your future ports/projects go well. :wink:
  • stalecurdlestalecurdle Posts: 509 Arc User
    Patch coming soon, great news! Will it address any of the following serious issues?

- Achievements only working in select indeterminable lobbies
    - OS tokens aren't rewarding or remembering totals between rounds
    - Possible GP price changes
    - Any possible balance alterations
    - Chance pack rotation
    - Elemental ammo/arrows and resistance availability, as well as adding missing advantages
    - Community made map integration issues

Thanks for the info!
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -A. Einstein
    Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts. -E. B. White
    Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest violence. Hebrew Proverb
    Prejudices are what fools use for reason. -Voltaire
    The less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice. -Clint Eastwood

I like Reddit! PWEisBest! I like movies! ET phone home! I like word puzzles and Aesop's Fables!

Twitter confirms HSL and PWE are the donkeys
  • skyydyyvertskyydyyvert Posts: 1,114 Arc User
    If there's a patch then I'll log on to check it out. Even if it's just stability fixes. BLR remains installed if unplayed (on my ssd even!)
    Long live BLR.
  • lofeckalofecka Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 5
    First of: Thank you for saying something, even tho it might not be the best of news, it's better then silence.

Regarding balance: It's not specifically said in the announcment, so, if there's none, have you considered reverting back to pre-parity? I'm quite serious, since the main reason to switch to parity was to publish updates faster, and past this one, there's no planned till the end of the year, so this reason seems quite obsolete for now. Pre-parity blacklight seems to me as a more "finished" game, than this is (concerning balance mostly). I'd like to hear your thoughts. (It's not meant to be for ever, just till you have more time to polish the post-parity blacklight).
  • rsmshooterrsmshooter Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited February 6
    l0rdalf said:

tl;dr - YES, we will be completing a full adjustment pass on all receivers, attachments, and armour.

This is something we have been working on this since parity. The system we are working on now will allow us more flexibility for current and future receivers, secondary, attachments, and other aspects of player loadouts. Pretty much the entire loadout system is undergoing changes in terms of adjusting values. This includes weapon tags and trophies. We do not have an ETA for all this to be complete yet. We are working on this alongside everything else we’re doing for BLR and other work.

Posted February 2016 clearly stating that they are working on a major balance patch. One year later and no balance adjustments have been made. What does Zombie/BuilderBox/HardsuitLabs have to say a year later?
    l0rdalf said:

We have a patch for BLR currently going through QA which revolves around general stability fixes as well as addressing a number of Clan issues. While there is no ETA on when the patch will be released, I imagine it should happen before April. Past this next patch there are no plans for further patches this year, and that includes any potential new content or balancing. While the studio is completely heads down on new projects, that doesn’t mean it is out of the realm of possibility for surprising the community with a patch later in the year. Just make note that there isn’t any planned as of right now.

-alf

Classic Zombie/BuilderBox/HardsuitLabs studios getting themselves in over their heads on promises.

Link to post from 2016: arcgames.com/en/forums/blacklightretribution#/discussion/1203672/receivers-balancing-attachments-oh-my/p1
    Post edited by rsmshooter on
    Verb | LG

• victimhuntervictimhunter Posts: 158 Arc User
    i guess we can all agree that they Did give up on this game.

It is nice to see that after 1 year we got 1 post from developer but im affraid it will be another year before we get another post like this but worse.
  • askmrraskmrr Posts: 5 Arc User
    The meme train stops here. Last station Promiseville.
    ASKmrR | EU
    Nodes were better than parity
  • necroped1011necroped1011 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 8
    Wait, I'm confused. Is this the balance pass we've all been waiting for and didn't expect to actually come?

Or.. Is it not actually coming and you are simply doing small fixes and such?

If there's a patch then I'll log on to check it out. Even if it's just stability fixes. BLR remains installed if unplayed (on my ssd even!)

Long live BLR.

I still have my beta files on my HDD
  • blamhero16blamhero16 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 9
    Can you at least roll the game back to the time before you fired and replaced that guy with the beard, only to repeat what he did but with a different company name?

Just so I & some other people still have a bit of respect for you. :^)
    ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY ASSUME THAT BLAMIS ARGUING
    I look at the BLR community and ask myself, 'Whats going on?'
    I look at the forum and again ask myself, 'What is going on?'
    Rolling through this forum in my woes
    Blam|EU Slyamping|US
    ayy lmao
  • stinkymessiahstinkymessiah Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 10
    Are you serious? You promised us a balance patch OVER A YEAR AGO and now you come out of the blue after being silent all this time over it and say that there are no plans to release it THIS WHOLE **** YEAR. And just now you are addressing the game breaking stability problems that we've been having ever since you release the parity patch AND YET YOU CAN'T EVEN GIVE US AN ETA ON WHEN THE GAMES MOST BASIC GAME BREAKING PROBLEMS WILL BE FIXED. How do we know you won't stay silent for another year again and just pop up saying LOL NO ETA. I'm tired of being nice Hardsuit Labs, go **** yourself and I also suggest every other person playing the game to say the same. You have treated this game and the community like garbage and ran this Blacklight Retribution straight into the ground, I hope you realize that. I'm glad that the only time I've ever spent money in-game was when Zombie Studios was still in ownership of it cause at this point I respect someone who abandoned the game over a group of airheads who wouldn't know their **** from their mouth **** up the game so much with their "Parity Patch Update" and then just bounce leaving the game in a completely broken state. I seriously hope other companies see this and never hire any of your team after this **** show is over because of how completely incompetent all of you are at doing the most simple things. Maybe if you do get hired somewhere again take this into consideration, if you are not planning on doing it don't **** announce it and give the community an EXACT ETA to give you a deadline so it forces you to get off your **** and actually do something rather than twiddling your thumbs while the occasional in-game purchase happens to give you some spending money. There are tons of over f2p fps' that the community could be playing that actually update occasionally and communicate with their playerbase other then playing this piece of garbage with the Blacklight name slapped on it. Just go play Dirty Bomb, Warface, Ghost in the Shell First Assault, Paladins, Planetside 2, Toxikk, Heroes and Generals, TF2 or hell even Evolve.
  • anotheragnosticanotheragnostic Posts: 37 Arc User
    I don't understand the decisions that were made about this game. There is practically no effort being made to keep this game alive. You guys are throwing so much money away, this game could be a real money maker if you just rethink how you get people to spend money on the game and do a little marketing. I guarantee that 90% of potential players aren't playing because they don't know the game exists. Add in a social element to the game (voip) (global chat) and give players a way to set up game servers (potential money stream lost)... you would have one hell of a game. I just don't get it.
  • gunmoddergunmodder Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 11
    One thing is sure, i will never ever spend money again on something from this incompetent studio. Seriously. I will now let it out, i have waited long enough, now i will say what i think and i will not be respectfull, because you don't deserve it anymore. This game was one of the best, you guys came, destroyed it, gave a **** about the community, wasted their time with making community maps, made **** balance announcements and after all this time you think you can just come to this dead forum and tell the last people that you have no plans and give a ****, but what ever "we have a new project". WHAT! I give a **** about your new project. It will die anyway like blacklight some day because you have no idea how to run and support a game. Almost everything you did with the last patches since august 2015 where so useless and bad. The game feels now like a pre alpha. BLR was so much further as it is now. The players want 2015 updates with new content and bugfixes for existing issues. But nobody asked for a **** PS4 port with tons of more bugs and less content and features! You did not ask the community, you just did it, but we believed in you and we thought it was a good new start with cool updates new content new maps, better servers, without bugs. But it was a mess! How could anyone give greenlight for an update what was obviously 100 times more bad as the version before if you really care about the game and the community. You guys lost your community and you deserve it. I hope your studio will close soon.
    You don't even wanna fix the known issue that all players can get heroes and titles for free and some players will buy it maybe and if they find out it can be equipped for free, its scam. And you dont care! Shame on you. That was my response about this mess. I spend over 3000 hours on this piece of ****. Now its time to play games with good developers instead of this incompetent noobs.
  • askmrraskmrr Posts: 5 Arc User
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ASKmrR | EU
    Nodes were better than parity
  • dreamfaalldreamfaall Posts: 51 Arc User
    One year after you have promised balance weapon patch, now you telling us that there won't be. Now you are promising before April for minimal patch. That minimal patch you were supposed to do that right away after 50 loadout update, because everything has gone worse than before ( bugs, lags, servers stability). BLR won't die of your silent, bad supporting, not by players who don't want to play game, this game will die because you are not maintain servers alive. Players can't play BLR because your servers are not woriking. It's too bad that BLR is not in other studio's hands which would know how to use max potential of this game and make more money.
  • moonboy#2878 moonboy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 12
    BLR team you really need to **** do something about these servers. Right now there is literally ONE server working and its full. Also, i havent been able to create a private match in over 4 months. Really? Your better than that. (im on US servers)
  • sgtwillissgtwillis Posts: 18 Arc User
    I feel like this game was taken over by this studio just to get it out on PS4, then let the PC version die slowly on the vine after converting it to the same basic format as the ported PS4 version.... It's hard to complain about a free to play game, but this game had an awesome community and the game was unique, so sad to see where it is now...
  • pinkdolphin21pinkdolphin21 Posts: 24 Arc User

l0rdalf said:

tl;dr - YES, we will be completing a full adjustment pass on all receivers, attachments, and armour.

This is something we have been working on this since parity. The system we are working on now will allow us more flexibility for current and future receivers, secondary, attachments, and other aspects of player loadouts. Pretty much the entire loadout system is undergoing changes in terms of adjusting values. This includes weapon tags and trophies. We do not have an ETA for all this to be complete yet. We are working on this alongside everything else we’re doing for BLR and other work.

Posted February 2016 clearly stating that they are working on a major balance patch. One year later and no balance adjustments have been made. What does Zombie/BuilderBox/HardsuitLabs have to say a year later?
    l0rdalf said:

We have a patch for BLR currently going through QA which revolves around general stability fixes as well as addressing a number of Clan issues. While there is no ETA on when the patch will be released, I imagine it should happen before April. Past this next patch there are no plans for further patches this year, and that includes any potential new content or balancing. While the studio is completely heads down on new projects, that doesn’t mean it is out of the realm of possibility for surprising the community with a patch later in the year. Just make note that there isn’t any planned as of right now.

-alf

Classic Zombie/BuilderBox/HardsuitLabs studios getting themselves in over their heads on promises.

Link to post from 2016: arcgames.com/en/forums/blacklightretribution#/discussion/1203672/receivers-balancing-attachments-oh-my/p1

Yes, Thank you!!! Honestly, they should just sell the rights to another company who'd actually give a damn, and mean what they say.
    Lmao, they can't even do a small patch in over a year. Hahah, it's actually funny lol. (;
  • mandalorian215mandalorian215 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 13
    As someone who played back during the open beta in 2012, I'm horrified at what you've done to the game. This game was fantastic, but it's almost unplayable now due to the lack of players and decaying servers. April, you plan to have an update for the servers in APRIL? Get out. Sell the rights to some company that can actually manage a game properly. Heck, my friends and I majoring in game design could probably do a better job with BL:R than you have.
  • phillycheesesteakphillycheesesteak Posts: 1 Arc User
    what was the point of you splitting off into your own company to keep BLR going if all your going to do if neglect it to create other games?plz just put this game out of it's misery or sell it to someone who will ACTUALLY do right by it. the US server(s) have been down/crashed since Sunday morning and you probably haven't even noticed yet
  • dcthingy2dcthingy2 Posts: 207 Community Moderator
    edited February 14
    The servers were rebooted yesterday on the US region. However, I should reiterate that the publishers (PWE) own the rights to the game on PC, and they are also responsible for managing the servers. If you experience further server outages, do post in these forums and/or use social media.

Post edited by dcthingy2 on
  • digramiitsdigramiits Posts: 16 Arc User
    Approved!
    DYNAMIT [LV]

DYNAMIT
    @dcthingy2 Notice was posted to Reddit but mod there is snowboarding. Are you still on firewatch concerning issues like this?
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -A. Einstein
    Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts. -E. B. White
    Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest violence. Hebrew Proverb
    The less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice. -Clint Eastwood

I like Reddit! PWEisBest! I like movies! ET phone home! I like word puzzles and Aesop's Fables!

• dcthingy2dcthingy2 Posts: 207 Community Moderator

Are you still on firewatch concerning issues like this?

Yep, and if not me, then someone else here will pick up the ball and run with it.

Admittedly, I haven't been checking the subreddit since it came back online. I guess I should do that. Thanks :)
  • What can I say that wasn't already said? @blamhero16 , @stinkymessiah , @anotheragnostic , @gunmodder , @dreamfaall , @mandalorian215 and @phillycheesesteak already said it all. Seriously, HSL, you **** suck. Turning a near perfect game into a ****, broken, unbalanced **** console port was bad enough, but no, you had to let it die as well! You couldn't fix the most basic problems and most of all, every update somehow made the game even worse and more broken. Lmfao, you can't even admit your own failure and roll back to the old version, pathetic and childish.

Speaking of childish, a game with violence and gore is okay but swearing on the forum isn't? What a joke, I've been banned before just because I "was mean to people", **** off with that ****.
    Thanks Aita, good to know.

Also, I can cross community made content off the list. Alf posted this on Reddit today:

"The community can create content. Getting it into the game is a different matter altogether and there is no easy solution for that currently."

No easy solution, no ETA, no word because heads down on next project, no big surprise.

Every decision HSL made for BLR degraded the game. Call "Hyperbole flame-bait trolling" on that, I dare you.

• pur3icepur3ice Posts: 136 Arc User
    Atleast this gives maps the time they need to be good, rather then spamming half baked maps
    Ah yes, how foolish of me, "at least the community made maps will be thoroughly developed by the time they never make it into the game", that makes total sense.

/s

• "Spamming half baked maps" that's such BS... that's not how mapping communities are made. Baby steps, dude. The first couple maps will be mediocre, you can't expect ridiculous quality at first. After receiving feedback as well as gaining experience from the editor, maps would've gradually gotten better. Some incentive on the devs (contests) could have also been a driving force for map creation.

I doubt anybody will want to spend time on the editor when it's not clear that HSL is capable, or ever was capable, of implementing custom maps.