test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What was the strangest issue you've come across?

thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 412 Perfect World Employee
edited August 24 in Hardsuit Repair
Pretty self explanatory, what was the strangest or funniest issue that you've come across while in the halls of BL:R? The winner of our choosing gets 500 Free Zen... Go, go!
Post edited by dcthingy2 on

Comments

• vladplayavladplaya Posts: 859 Arc User
    Just recently, maybe couple days ago, I was playing LTS on the egg hunting sever, and after few rounds I was getting bored of it, so I decided to try to find different server with, hopefully, different game mode.
    So I go to playlists, pick the event one, it does a quick search for the servers, and after connecting I see it put me right into the same sever I just left. Which is not a big deal as that is pretty common, however the crazy part was the game spawning me with no weapons, expect mk1 knife, and a grenade.
    I never had that hasten to me, and just the fact that it was LTS with no respawns, I kinda freaked out. I was just randomly pressing my number keys desperately trying to find something that I could defend myself with, but nope, my dude was holding his hands like there is a weapon, except there were no weapons. I didn't have balls to go against anyone with mk1 knife, so I threw away the grenade into a random direction, and disconnected lol. After connecting to new sever everything was working five again.

I feel kinda dumb that I didn't try to figured out more about the problem but considering that it was first time that something like that happened to me in years of playing, I don't its too serious of an issue :)
  • klexisnake3klexisnake3 Posts: 104 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino
    Do glitches count too/am i allowed to use glitches as an example? (Already fixed glitches obviously) I don't want to just do it and risk to violate any rules ;)

PS: Feel free to correct my english
  • thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 412 Perfect World Employee
    Of course :)
  • yasharf2yasharf2 Posts: 535 Arc User

Party Crasher

Who invited this dude?

Installed, patched, and running BLR post-parity patch without issues on:
    CPU: Core i5-3470 @ 3.2GHz, 4 cores; RAM: 8 GB; NVidia Quadro 600, driver version 354.56
    Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 SP1 build 7601 64-bit  /   Also upgraded to Windows 10 as of May 2016, with latest live ongoing updates
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable - 12.0.30501 (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 ; version 4.6.01055

Installed through Steam with Administrator account and privileges; Internet Explorer 11 w/ Medium Privacy Settings and Medium-high security settings

• odysseus97odysseus97 Posts: 58 Arc User
    Well it was quite a while ago but on my old account my agent was called Punkbuster

I think it was like 2013-14

Everyone knows that when you dont have punkbuster installed you get a message saying something like "Punkbuster kicked you out of the game"
    i dont know if you get it like this to this day but as i looked through my messages quite a few people asked me why the heck i kick them out of the games all the time xD
  • protoboy000protoboy000 Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    yasharf2 said:

Party Crasher

Who invited this dude?

I found his brother:

I does what I wishes
    US:akaProtoBoy [NoL] | EU:akaProtoBoy [ZzZ]
  • protoboy000protoboy000 Posts: 172 Arc User
    One time I was playing on Vertigo and I lost connection with the server,but it didnt kick my out.I ended up jumping down and not dying.So bootyfull down there.

Bonus ducks:

I does what I wishes
    US:akaProtoBoy [NoL] | EU:akaProtoBoy [ZzZ]
  • xtrm5nrgxtrm5nrg Posts: 219 Arc User
    lol i remember this like it was just last year.....wow this was in 2013

But anyway, i was running around Vertigo and saw this guy looking into something
    its like i found an easter egg or something lol

Then i was just playing around with the old training... and when i finished all my ammos, all i had left were my fists

sorry for long post....but as a bonus....i got disconnected and just took the time to appreciate Piledriver

Ninja build. Throwing Knives. Cloak Mk 1. Necrophiliac.
    Must caress dead bodies.
    Best game evar
    2DKXBFa.gif

Monstercat <3
  • rhinocrackerforurhinocrackerforu Posts: 8 Arc User
    The strange bug when BLR's OSD no longer wanted to close after mapchange in OnSlaught.
    Only restarting BLR could solve it, what disabled you from rejoining your mates until the map ended which usually made them loose during a hard match.
  • matteuziinmatteuziin Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The Tall People Bug(TM) on Deadlock, in which people get stretched out, that's a little scary and funny lol.
    Also the bug on Vertigo that the people who die in the corridor just go to another dimension with the Star Trek crew.
    Post edited by matteuziin on

• nerbelethnerbeleth Posts: 648 Arc User
    The issue I'm enjoying the most is killing people in the street market on deadlock.
    They all end up hanging from the ceilings, makes me feel as a predator.

If only there was a helmet with dreadlocks....
    Parity Tester
    sig2.png

I7 4770k OC////Asus formula VI extreme////seasonic platinum 1000w PSU////GTx 780TI SC////32 ghz ram kingston hyperX predators////NXZT phantom 820
  • xtractionzxtractionz Posts: 149 Arc User
    Pretty much this. Was weird, but also kind of funny.
    SlytexNL [BBK] (EU)
  • klexisnake3klexisnake3 Posts: 104 Arc User
    Ok, i decided to not take a glitch because i found something _way_ more funny!
    One of my friends decided to "strech" a bit, i just had to photoshop that so that it fits better ;)

Original:

Photoshopped:

I took the whiskey and the cigarett from @l0rdalf ;D

PS: Feel free to correct my english
  • subzerotitan#7454 subzerotitan Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Everyone always likes to mention the giraffe glitch on deadlock. I offer you this:

Pre-Parity with a mate and I were playing on a small DM server. After this strange glitchy sort of event where the game spiked and froze for everyone, he was walking around all skew-if and I told him to hold up for a quick screeshot. He was bullet-proof and didnt come up on HRV which was crazily terrifying when he'd run up to you like this. No one in the game could kill him and it was absolutely boggling. His gun shot from the floor (the bullets came from his feet)~. This issue never happened again which was a god-send.

ITS NEVER OVER. YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE.

Hello there. So apparently, I cant link anything anymore. That's ok.
    I don't hate you - we're going to work it out.

SubzeroTitan | AU - Druegen | YT - Secret Alternative Account | ?
  • reaperk1ngreaperk1ng Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    i think GermanAstronaut found one where you can fly through the sky on seaport:

Humility
    Equality
    Loyalty
    Perseverance
  • l0rdalfl0rdalf Posts: 474 Hardsuit Labs Developer
    Note: I do not condone drinking or smoking.

;)
    Lord ALF
    VP - Hardsuit Labs
    -=HSL=- -=LordALF=-
  • stalecurdlestalecurdle Posts: 511 Arc User
    But pantslessness you wholeheartedly support.
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -A. Einstein
    Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts. -E. B. White
    Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest violence. Hebrew Proverb
    Prejudices are what fools use for reason. -Voltaire
    The less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice. -Clint Eastwood

I like Reddit! PWEisBest! I like movies! ET phone home! I like word puzzles and Aesop's Fables!

Twitter confirms HSL and PWE are the donkeys
  • matteuziinmatteuziin Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Forget my last post, look at what happened a few minutes ago LOL

"WELP ! SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF HERE !"

"Is that a bird? Is that a plane? NO, IT'S SUPERM... Wait, SoulHuntter?"

Bonus:

"WHERE'S MY PARACHUTE?!"

Post edited by matteuziin on

• l0rdalfl0rdalf Posts: 474 Hardsuit Labs Developer

But pantslessness you wholeheartedly support.

No Pants day is best day.
    Lord ALF
    VP - Hardsuit Labs
    -=HSL=- -=LordALF=-
  • xenaer0xenaer0 Posts: 46 Arc User
    Once had someone's model glitch out and transform into a hardsuit. That was pretty funny. Server-wide too, so everyone saw this hardsuit sprinting around corners like it was nothin'
    Used to play a lot, I poke in every now and then.

Steam or on US serv: Xenaero
    edited September 2016
    @subzerotitan Do you have a video of that? Seems scary/crazy/awesome af.

Hovertank don't need no steenkin roads.

"Roads are just a suggestion, like pants." -Homer Simpson, The Simpsons Road Rage

Weirdest issue I've come across is PWE deleting a PM to Alf. Hmmm, it's a mystery!
    Post edited by stalecurdle on
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -A. Einstein
    Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts. -E. B. White
    Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest violence. Hebrew Proverb
    The less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice. -Clint Eastwood

I like Reddit! PWEisBest! I like movies! ET phone home! I like word puzzles and Aesop's Fables!

• @subzerotitan Do you have a video of that? Seems scary/crazy/awesome af.

Sadly not! None of us were/could record that game for technical issues. Goshdarnit it was some spooki-dooki stuff.

Bummer of a deal, that sounds amazing!

• Bummer of a deal, that sounds amazing!

HAHahahah wasnt amazing for everyone else when this ghost deformed bulletproof monstrosity destroyyyyyed the game. :P

I bet I still would've been laughing as manically as I am now just imagining it. ZOMFG kill it! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

• xtractionzxtractionz Posts: 149 Arc User
    No post for a month in here, Shouldn't you decide who won this one @thenamesdomino ?
    SlytexNL [BBK] (EU)
  • ninjaz0idninjaz0id Posts: 16 Arc User
    The strangest issue for me is the fact that since last year ive been stuck in two clans since last YEAR
    if I try to leave its says im clanleader and have to quit first. Ive sent numerous Arc tickets and posted on the forum to no avail.

I am not able to build my clan.

the clan name will change randomly on different screens.

I cannot fathom this being so hard to fix.
    "Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."
  • drspugedrspuge Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've seen plenty a ragdolls in my day. Got killed by my own mine while jumping.

• i'm a new player and i'm currently having a problem that i need help with i know this is just posting funny glitches or biggest problems people had. but i try to join a game and it kicks me out saying anti-cheat kick punkbuster kicked player PickleJarMcGee and i don't know why and i'm not a cheater if that's what its saying.
  • yasharf2yasharf2 Posts: 535 Arc User

i'm a new player and i'm currently having a problem that i need help with i know this is just posting funny glitches or biggest problems people had. but i try to join a game and it kicks me out saying anti-cheat kick punkbuster kicked player PickleJarMcGee and i don't know why and i'm not a cheater if that's what its saying.

Your firewall might be blocking punkbuster or something may have gone wrong when installing the game. Try this:

Installed, patched, and running BLR post-parity patch without issues on:
    CPU: Core i5-3470 @ 3.2GHz, 4 cores; RAM: 8 GB; NVidia Quadro 600, driver version 354.56
    Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 SP1 build 7601 64-bit  /   Also upgraded to Windows 10 as of May 2016, with latest live ongoing updates
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable - 12.0.30501 (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (x64 and x86 versions)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 ; version 4.6.01055

Installed through Steam with Administrator account and privileges; Internet Explorer 11 w/ Medium Privacy Settings and Medium-high security settings