test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

testing, bug-hunting, and finding exploits

Comments

• gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    Okay -- I've done this on Chrome on both OSX and Windows 7, Safari on OSX and Windows Explorer on, well, Windows. I only get the format bar on the leave a comment section NOT on ANY signature page/link. My account may be flagged fro some reason or whatever. Hopefully @pwelaughingtrendy will see this offer some help or advice.

I've obviously cleared my cache, logged out, and the normal stuff since I've tried this on two OSes and 4 Browsers. Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks.

It's @pwlaughingtrendy. I know; I've made the same mistake myself. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • silveraccountsilveraccount Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well, I'm on my other account and LOOK everything's fine. So it IS my main account that seems to be flagged.
    Not Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 as this is a different account.
    STO%20LCARS%20Sig-Andromeda.png
    If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (that can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 5,307 Arc User
    Is there where we post pics of bugs?
    bugs.jpg

We now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Would really like the sig thing to get fixed on this account. :(
    [b]Still can't use BBCode for my signature, so I'm writing it out in each post... sad.[/b]
  • rattler2rattler2 Posts: 18,477 Arc User
    @jonathanlonehawk Try replacing some [] with <>
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Posts: 19,038 Arc User

Some bugs are very dangerous...

giphy.gif
  • kimonykimony Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    <center>
    bugs.jpg
    </center>

<center>Yes, videos too.</center>

<center><youtube>

<center>:D </center>

-v- Originally Posted by coupaholic -v-
    "Don't Panic, They're Just Topping Up The Tanks With Awesome Sauce."

Bug? I think the Camaro has issue with the Bug. And once again it doesn't put the vid where I wanted it. >.<
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • dblazen1dblazen1 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Jesus christ this forum is an abomination.
  • nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    @asterelle wrote:
    So how many images are we allowed in posts now anyway?

Thanks for leaving the directory visible. Made it very easy to grab all of these with wget. I had to write a small program to grab all of PWI's avatars because they hid the directory. Meanies.
    @asterelle wrote:
    Looks like no limit at all! I should make a browser plugin to use the PWI emotes on the forum.

If you do, here's a backup place that can be used to link to the gifs as well. http://dump.nrgs.org/pwpw/emoji/

---
    For anyone else interested in the PWI emoji gifs, I also 7zipped the gifs. http://dump.nrgs.org/pwpw/PWEmojiCollection.7z

For anyone who missed it, I uploaded an offline partial backup of the PWI forums. Go to page 15 of this thread and use your browsers find function. Type in "PWI peeps", that should lead you straight to the post. I don't think anyone uses "peeps" nowadays, so I purposely used it so that I could offer a way to get to my post quickly...because this forum has major usability issues.

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    edited June 2015
    Unrelated to last post (valid reason for another post)

Edit: The person below brought up a good point. If you are prone to epileptic seizures, avoid opening this spoiler tag. Everyone else, go ahead...please...
    10_void_animated.gif
    cdpcparty.gif
    10_together.gif

I think these prove something....not sure what. Definitely something though. Even I wouldn't know how to handle such eye sores/gasms. Although I will say this, Paul Robertson is an amazing spriter.
    Post edited by nrglg on

Free Epilepsey Test!

In all honesty that gif should go. Its hard even on my eyes.
    edited June 2015
    nrglg wrote: »

Testing obnoxious gif...

I think these prove something....not sure what. Definitely something though. Even I wouldn't know how to handle such eye sores. Although I will say this, Paul Robertson is an amazing spriter.

This shouldn't be such a surprise considering it was known you can post gifs and large size images on here

Does this place support webm's?

edited June 2015
    It wasn't a surprise. I was the one who did the image size tests. In fact, I'm the same guy who has been repeatedly finding bugs and exploiting them here. In this situation I honestly just wanted to post some obnoxious gifs to get people fired up and talking about it. Nothing more, nothing less. I would say it somewhat worked, although since I didn't check the time, it won't work really well until about 9 hours from now. A bit of an oversight on my part.
    @dblazen1 wrote:

I think the better question is, does your browser support webm? webm and webp both are under-supported at the moment.

My eyes... the colors... the pain...
    edited June 2015
    I think the better question is, does your browser support webm? webm and webp both are under-supported at the moment.
    Yeah, it does. Generally people tend to keep their browsers updated blindly anyway, so most users here should have browsers that support it.

Except for safari and IE. Whoever besides mac users on safari uses those ofcourse.

Also, how does this forum handle images that are big in file size? As in, is it friendly for people with bandwith limits?
    WA_-_Dry_Falls_-_Huge_Channel_v1.png

Ouch, it actually loads the entire thing, nice...
    Well, could've expected that too, but damn.
    Why is that word censored? It's just a dam with an n behind it, like a beaver dam :(
    Wait, it uncensors it after editing the post? I clearly saw **** when I first posted it
    Post edited by dblazen1 on
    edited June 2015
    shit test.
    Edited to see if uncensored.

And it's uncensored, GG.
    But only after posting, reloading the page censors it back, weird.

Quoting the post shows the word anyway in the quote so you can still see what someone wrote in the end.

ps.: I skimmed through the pages to see what was tested, obviously I didn't read every post entirely.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Posts: 2,566 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Testing quotes:
    dblazen1 wrote: »

Testing obnoxious gif...

I think these prove something....not sure what. Definitely something though. Even I wouldn't know how to handle such eye sores. Although I will say this, Paul Robertson is an amazing spriter.

This shouldn't be such a surprise considering it was known you can post gifs and large size images on here

Quotes within quotes are broken. Also, the post IDs are showing up next to the poster's name. Why isn't there a link to the quoted post like we had in the previous forums?

The red text in the lower left stating when the post was edited and by whom is kind of annoying. Can we get it changed to a different color? The time the post was edited also shows up next to the time it was created below the poster's name; I'm not sure why this information needs to be displayed twice.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    so many annoying sigs on the board.
    i reckon the greatest solution is to send all sigs to a 90x500px div with 50% opacity and hidden overflow.
    seriously, that would rule.
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Posts: 152 Arc User
    Somebody f*ing explain to me how to get animated avatars im uploading all kinds of gif images and non of them work
    Comptia A+ and Network+ Certified, Microsoft Certified Proffesional
    Original Join Date: October 22, 2009 During CBT of STO
    <a href="title-Flt. Admrl. Salacnar"></a><a href="http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1195098" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><font color="#69CAFE">Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</font></a>
    You have to upload them through you Arc account. Delete your Vanilla forums avatar and then go and add the animated gif avatar to your Arc account.

• salacnar070890salacnar070890 Posts: 152 Arc User
    You have to upload them through you Arc account. Delete your Vanilla forums avatar and then go and add the animated gif avatar to your Arc account.

Thanks
    Comptia A+ and Network+ Certified, Microsoft Certified Proffesional
    Original Join Date: October 22, 2009 During CBT of STO
    <a href="title-Flt. Admrl. Salacnar"></a><a href="http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1195098" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><font color="#69CAFE">Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</font></a>
  • thestargazethestargaze Posts: 722 Arc User
    Would really like the sig thing to get fixed on this account. :(

@jonathanlonehawk as I replied before replace all [] with corresponding <>
  • thestargazethestargaze Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Yeah, it does. Generally people tend to keep their browsers updated blindly anyway, so most users here should have browsers that support it.

Except for safari and IE. Whoever besides mac users on safari uses those ofcourse.

Also, how does this forum handle images that are big in file size? As in, is it friendly for people with bandwith limits?
    WA_-_Dry_Falls_-_Huge_Channel_v1.png

Ouch, it actually loads the entire thing, nice...
    Well, could've expected that too, but damn.
    Why is that word censored? It's just a dam with an n behind it, like a beaver dam :(
    Wait, it uncensors it after editing the post? I clearly saw **** when I first posted it

Please don't my computer couldn't process this image fast enough. It was loading here forever to show that image.
    Somebody f*ing explain to me how to get animated avatars im uploading all kinds of gif images and non of them work
    Thanks

So...I've tried this several times as others have mentioned similar steps elsewhere...and each time it has failed.

On Vanilla

1) Go to Profile.
    2) Go to Preferences.
    3) Go to Change Picture.
    4) Click Remove.

On Arc

1) Go to My Account.
    2) Upload a custom profile picture.

On Vanilla

1) Enjoy animated avatar!

Only...it's not there. No avatar there at all.

Thing is, it's not even just that it does not work with animated avatars - it doesn't do anything with any avatar if I go that route. I can drop out a static avatar going that route and Vanilla does not update to show it.

So what magical/mystical step am I missing here?
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015

Edit: The person below brought up a good point. If you are prone to epileptic seizures, avoid opening this spoiler tag. Everyone else, go ahead...please...
    [removed because this spoiler tag is broken when quoting.]

I think these prove something....not sure what. Definitely something though. Even I wouldn't know how to handle such eye sores/gasms. Although I will say this, Paul Robertson is an amazing spriter.

I don't see anything wrong with those images. >.>

Nice to see the PWI forum is completely gone. Redirects to the Arc news, and hasn't been migrated. PWE's usual clusterfuck at work.

EDIT: LOL, there was a loose SPOILER end-tag at the end of the images, and it broke the quote end tag early.
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    edited June 2015
    Sylen, update my quote on your post please. I decided that hiding it in a spoiler tag was a good idea. Don't want to cause anyone seizures.

Also, on page 15 you can get my PWI forum archive backup. Search the term "PWI peeps" on that page to jump to my post. It has far more posts downloaded than anyone who, let's say, even ran HTTrack for an entire month...which I did. My program in 1 day swooped out more pages than HTTrack could in a month. I'd call my vBulletin downloader a success (Considering I wrote it in a day and was fixing bugs mere hours before the forums went offline. That's no joke). If PWE had left the PWI forums in a read only state for the next 2 days, I probably could have copied the whole forum.

• sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    Sylen, update my quote on your post please. I decided that hiding it in a spoiler tag was a good idea. Don't want to cause anyone seizures.

Also, on page 15 you can get my PWI forum archive backup. Search the term "PWI peeps" on that page to jump to my post. It has far more posts downloaded than anyone who, let's say, even ran HTTrack for an entire month...which I did. My program in 1 day swooped out more pages than HTTrack could in a month. I'd call my vBulletin downloader a success (Considering I wrote it in a day and was fixing bugs mere hours before the forums went offline. That's no joke). If PWE had left the PWI forums in a read only state for the next 2 days, I probably could have copied the whole forum.

Took me a minute, but I fixed it. For some reason it was completely breaking the spoiler tag.
    So uh, yeah, quirky thing here...um...just how does one logout? I don't see it anywhere.