Install Arc

We are coming. Can you handle us?

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Posts: 21,271 Arc User
    Nooo! Now what am I going to do for 2 days?! Go outside?! :tongue:
  • artan42artan42 Posts: 4,070 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »

Ooh no, you don't want to go out there, stay inside and haunt the temporary thread.
    19949539680_c383e368a2_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit
    Tempus est ignis in quo nos ardebit
    I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • askrayaskray Posts: 3,308 Community Moderator
    Pfft today is destiny, watching the forums and work tomorrow so I'm good :lol:
    Senior Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    gulberat wrote: »
    It cannot be created until all of the data is imported, a process which will probably last a couple of days. Attempting to create them and having people posting in them beforehand would probably be a technical nightmare since you'd then have to reconcile the two versions of that subforum somehow.

@gulberat
    How did you centralise your sig?

GB: Well, this forum was a bit of a Wild West when the first migration attempt was made, and had allowed HTML. This is now disabled, so I think my signature may have been grandfathered in.

There is a [ center] tag, in theory, but it's bugged right now, kinda like nested quotes are.

Ah, thanks. I'll stick them back on and hope they fix it.

Even though I'm not gulberat, the answer is.. use < center > instead of [ center ] (without the blanks).
    "My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."
    gnmIUhe.jpg
    "She may have flaws, but she has teeth."
  • daveynydaveyny Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    Is there a way to go to the last post read, like in our previous STO forums?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    Star Trek Fan since Sept. 8th, 1966.
    Still a STO Veteran Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • artan42artan42 Posts: 4,070 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It cannot be created until all of the data is imported, a process which will probably last a couple of days. Attempting to create them and having people posting in them beforehand would probably be a technical nightmare since you'd then have to reconcile the two versions of that subforum somehow.

@gulberat

GB: Well, this forum was a bit of a Wild West when the first migration attempt was made, and had allowed HTML. This is now disabled, so I think my signature may have been grandfathered in.

There is a [ center] tag, in theory, but it's bugged right now, kinda like nested quotes are.

Even though I'm not gulberat, the answer is.. use < center > instead of [ center ].

I can't quite tell, what you're using there.
    Edit: Ah, it's the > thing. Thanks @kurumimorishita.
    19949539680_c383e368a2_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit
    Tempus est ignis in quo nos ardebit
    I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it.

• askrayaskray Posts: 3,308 Community Moderator
    daveyny wrote: »
    Honestly haven't noticed one yet :frowning:
    Senior Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Posts: 555 Arc User

@gulberat

Even though I'm not gulberat, the answer is.. use < center > instead of [ center ].

I can't quite tell, what you're using there.
    Edit: Ah, it's the > thing. Thanks @kurumimorishita.

Hehe.. yup.. you're welcome - perhaps I just should have said.. use the center html tag (http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_center.asp). ;)
    "My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."
    gnmIUhe.jpg
    "She may have flaws, but she has teeth."
  • daveynydaveyny Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    askray wrote: »
    Honestly haven't noticed one yet :frowning:
    Ahh ... well that'll put a crimp on how many threads I get involved in.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    Star Trek Fan since Sept. 8th, 1966.
    Still a STO Veteran Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tymerstotymersto Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Ooh no, you don't want to go out there, stay inside and haunt the temporary thread.

I would consider going out, but I've seen two short, intense rain storms today already. So I think I'll wait...

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • dareaudareau Posts: 1,490 Arc User

What is this mythical "outside" you speak of?

Is it that strange realm beyond the doors where temperatures are not a comfortable 75 degrees and there's that bright shiny object that makes things hot?
    New Forum, new attempt at complaining about ship tiers and the exclusion of two certain "iconic" hero ships from "endgame" in STO.
    Being that T5 / Fleet T5 / T5 Upgraded isn't "officially" endgame anymore (that's Fleet T6 now) can we see these excluded ships at T5 / T5.5 / T5U11...
    Note, these ships have no letters after the dash in their registry numbers, whether it was 01 or 1701...
  • someguywhoplaysgamessomeguywhoplaysgames Posts: 1,546 Arc User
    What's this waiting business?
    zX1y498.png
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 863 Arc User
    And so it has been foretold; The insanity of Champions shall spread across all of Arc! There will be none spared! Will you still contest with us? Then you shall be consumed like dry grass before the fires of Caliga's Ego!

In the meantime, how's everyone doing while the forums are being migrated?
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Latest Build Added: 8/8/15 - The Scout)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• opkossyopkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Insanity my foot!

I'm both enjoying and dreading my mod vacation. Because when it's over who knows what horrors Vanilla will spawn.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • hawku001xhawku001x Posts: 3,374 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Trekkies are coming. Can you handle them? Can anyone??? Can I handle myself? What am I, but a collection of molecules moving through space? So many existential questions. I must reflect.
    banner668x60b.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    I bet it will take em like the whole week to get the forums back up U__U"
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 863 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    I bet it will take em like the whole week to get the forums back up U__U"

It was noted in the news that the forums have a possibility of being down all week, so we've already jinxed it. BWUAHAHA!

You see, I'm not trapped in here with you, you're all trapped in here with ME!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Latest Build Added: 8/8/15 - The Scout)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• nephtnepht Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    deadman20 wrote: »

You see, I'm not trapped in here with you, you're all trapped in here with ME!

You would think that but...

funny-cat-pics-dog-has-a-concussion.jpg

• rattler2rattler2 Posts: 18,477 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cn1ki0eazt7l.gif

This is relevant!

Hehe... nice!

Now... let us unleash the shenanigans!

<center>char_41045.jpg</center>

And... as a test for linking...
    We are Coming to Your City!
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 5,307 Arc User
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Zed, hate to be the one to break this to you...but Rattler's link was much scarier than yours.

Well, it's another forum move(maybe this one is better?) but, on the bright side, now it'll be much easier to get information when STO/NW Crash all the Cryptic Games with some patch(Since Trendy is usually on top of such things). This also gives me a chance to repeat something I've said on our old forums for the benefit of other playerbases.
    Dear STO,
    It's your big brother. How have you been? I've been noticing some things and I have a proposition for you. I want to propose a trade. If you give us your "Vastly Superior Exchange and Tattoo Technology" we will, in return, give you access to our 'Tailor/Creator That Doesn't Suck." It's a win win. We get some much needed tools and you get Customization(please don't tell NW, the last time we mentioned customization they locked themselves in a closet and cried for a solid week). Here's hoping this is the beginning of many exchanges to benefit both of us.

Love Ya Lil Bro,
    CO*

*This was, of course, a joke....unless you all happen to know someone that could make it happen. o:)

P.S. I was here last night setting things up(which apparently I need to do again) and there were like 4 people on these forums...right now there are 146 + 61 Guests. Kinda looks like this is Cryptic's House. :D
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    What's so scary about Country music? :p
    Thanks for saying that crosschan. :D

BTW...

Dear CO,
    I can has fox tail in STO?

Love,
    Rattler
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    And Signature re-refixed.

Actually, you would want the "Tailor/Creator That Doesn't Suck" to go with that because it has sliders for the Fox Tail but I'm sure something could be worked out.

As for the "Country" thing. It is, sadly, my opinion that US Country Music ceased to exist on September 12, 2003. It was then replaced with Pop Music for the most part. :'(
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    crosschan wrote: »
    As for the "Country" thing. It is, sadly, my opinion that US Country Music ceased to exist on September 12, 2003. It was then replaced with Pop Music for the most part. :'(

I'm not a country fan, but sadly, rock is dying too (except if you listen to metal or other more "niche" stuff), also due to pop. :( EDM is alive and well, but we'll see what happens as time goes on there.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    Well... I'm a bit of a 90s boy myself. Garth Brooks, Rascal Flatts, Toby Kieth, Dixie Chicks...

Good times.

Anyways... STO's tailor had an overhaul a bit ago. Some people were happy with the "Hips depth" slider that was added, aka Badonkadonk slider. But I wouldn't say no to some more options. We have VERY few for the two species we have with tails, Caitians and Ferasans. Heck... people want M'Ress' hairstyle since we're so gimped for our feline races.
    edited June 2015
    I haven't been in STO in a while(I'm an on again off again player there from the Special Early Access Beta) but were these the additions right between 9 and 9.5 that gave you all of the unlocks from stuff like the Omega Set and such or something after that? I basically took my usual "break" the day before 9.5 and then tried(and I mean tried) to play this winter when all the server issues and such hit to where I couldn't finish a race so I gave up on that(not to mention the species of underground tunneling mole snowmen).

P.S. STO has no "Space Midgies" so there's a whole catagory you're lacking in which should be fixed. ;)
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    I don't remember when they added the new sliders, but I think it was post Legacy of Romulus expansion.

And I think the closest we have to "Space Midgies", if I'm interpreting you correctly, is either aliengen characters made real small or Tellarites. Then again I think Tellarites count as space dwarves...
    Yes but I would, however, just prefer to have the sliders robust enough to make it possible with any toon. I'm punished enough for being Romulan as it is.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    I main a Trill, and I think she's around 5'9" if I remember correctly.
    That's taller than my wife(shh, don't tell). ;)
    2s9bzbq.jpg