Duplicator and/or CPU

trmcgillicutti
trmcgillicutti Posts: 26 Arc User
Please let loose on the computing chips and components to make duplicators.

A friend of mine who played a lot was shocked that I had 15 computing chips, (8 of which I made) but the resources for them are so hard to find, yet they are also the components to the components (processing block) used to make duplicators. I know this is all by design, but here's the question I implore the Developers to ask, whoever the developer is of this game and/or its market:

"Do we want players who run out of duplictors to not join their teams or use that as an excuse not to join a last surviving teammate, and eventually either they or the players who get tired of 1 manning PVE missions (and carrying the team), end up closing Star Conflict to play another game?"

If I have a bounty of duplicators, I am rezzing frequently and helping my team complete the mission. Sure it makes us more likely to take risks and less risk adverse when playing the map, so what? "Challenge" isn't in a vacuum, meaning: The challenge aspect of gameplay ceases when dead and deciding if I want to use a duplictor or not, and this is especially true when I only have 2 duplicators in my inventory and am not willing to use one of them because the mission looks like a lost cause. I've been the person sitting watching someone else play for 20 minutes, and been the player who pulls our fat out of the fire during one phase, only to have us lose the next phase due to, again, one person fighting all the mobs, the big gun, the boss, etc. Grind and reward, sure, but don't ignore the reward includes bountiful reasons to play, to get synergy and level in the game, to make the player experience rewarding by personal value of achievement both in ones own gameplay and in teamplay.

As an aside, I ended up inadvertently in 1 PVP match by the leader of my group not realizing pressing enter in the dock (which opens chat outside the dock, which is what he was trying to do) will automantically activate the launch button and put us in the PVP cue (and I didn't turn it down since I never did pvp so didn't know what "skirmish" ment, and was just learning there are PVE missions too). I bring this up to because I am told PVP has persistent rezzing/reconstruction that costs nothing. I left the match when I died because I am not into PVP anyway, great for others but not what I like to play. However, if there's persistent rezzing/reconstruction in PVP, a no cost rez/reconstruction, then treat PVE players as equally by getting rid of the stranglehold grip on duplicator components for PVE players.

And I'll add one more thing to this, though I got this from playing another game but I won't mention it just in case that's against forum rules. Basically, if I have 100 rezzes in my inventory and my team is dead, say 5 players, I can invoke to use as many rezzes as number of teammates I have and rez my team, until I run out, so i can use 4 kits to resurrect the other 3 dead teammates andmyself. See we still run out of duplictors if we use them unwisely, and then we have to leave that game play to make more, and know we can, in say 30 minutes or an hour of some mindless PVE gathering outside faction base or in some other open space area of the map, to either get duplictors themselves as drops from mobs or get the componentes from the impure crystals, say up to 10 computing chips per crystal shard instead of just 1 (with a minimum of 2 instead also), same manufacture cost as now, since the computing chips also make the processing block.

Point being, this becomes an in game player "cooldown period," a way to stay in Star Conflict that is very helpful after a string of losses and helps you return refreshed to doing what you love in the game. Better that than players closing Star Conflict, playing something else, and after doing that a few times (or a few dozen) thinking, "Maybe Star Conflict isn't that great anyway," because when we reopen Star Conflict we still don't have an easy time getting duplicators. You see how easy this can be for us as the players to just abandon the game altogether? Enhance the player experience and make duplictors and/or their components much easier to get, for the game's sake. If you want, make an announcement noting it is in appreciation of the players as it surely will make our player experience far more fun and gratifying, and we'll have more friends who stay with the game, let alone better team gameplay. I can picture, as a result shortly after this, some of us teaming to do some mindless grind for both resources and synergy outside a base or in some other open space area, so then we can go back in and play the part of the game we love, still as the same team.

So there's my pitch, as a suggestion to the Developers of Star Conflict and its market,

McG

Comments

• aliskosan
    aliskosan Posts: 11 Arc User
    thank you for your comment. We believe that these features are important parts of gameplay. Your suggestion is forwarded to the developers, we will collect feedback about them and analyze them.

Categories