Arc authentication error

Is anyone else getting locked out of Royal Quest before they can even start?! Log in screen gives no place to enter info, so I click the login button. From there it is a flash of a screen then an error message blaming ARC authentication. Anyone know how to fix this? Already put it a ticket, but I'd REALLY like to play since Neverwinter is giving my the short stick today.

Comments

• affi332
    affi332 Posts: 4 Arc User
    yes, happens to me too.
  • strumslinger
    strumslinger Posts: 551 Arc User
    We're looking into it!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• strumslinger
    The solution should be to just exit the game and restart and to refrain from continuously clicking the Login button.

• dieselbob3
    dieselbob3 Posts: 1
    I keep getting can not connect to log in server... is there maintenance?
  • awchilds01
    awchilds01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm still getting this, I click login once and get empty server list then after a minuite this message. Also to restart I have to exit arc and restart it otherwise the launcher gets stuck in processes in Task Manager and clicking play in arc says launcher is already running even though you cannot access it.
  • strumslinger
    Make sure to restart Arc if simply restarting the game doesn't work.

• juggalotus42000
    juggalotus42000 Posts: 34 Arc User
    did all that still no workie
  • tyrranicus
    tyrranicus Posts: 1
    Yes still happening even whit log off and log in.
  • arketipicos
    arketipicos Posts: 197 Arc User
    Im gonna try now...
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • al3xyn0
    al3xyn0 Posts: 1
    Same is happening to me as well.
  • littleven
    littleven Posts: 2
    Zzzz waited for maintenance and now cant even login
  • arketipicos
    Come on, is an open beta
  • alilchit
    alilchit Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    same issues and not only restarted arc but also the pc and cleared temp stuff etc . :(
    is there any way to delete actual game temp files to stop this from happening ?

it actually began to have this issue when i logged out and i could not log back in after the new update ... i dont mind to possibly having to remake the char BUT .. to not be able to login and play at all

..... omg i cant use the word to describe that lol so will say annoys even though the other word is not a word that should be beeped unless one has a very dirty mind or is somewhere rententive .... it sucks ( s.u.c.k.s.) major ..

yes the launcher starts ok both the arc and game one play button apears and even the game does start with the correct email and the login button once one hits that though ..... no server or char list shows up on the char select screen and the error occours so catch 22 .. get it sorted pls it worked fine before the update !!!
    Post edited by alilchit on
  • byedu
    byedu Posts: 1
    me too, arc error, not working
  • ktonic1
    ktonic1 Posts: 1
    same not working really want to play
  • neomer85
    neomer85 Posts: 1
    This is annoying but at least they have said they are working on the problem
  • grimwolf512
    grimwolf512 Posts: 12
    Arc authentication error. Please try again.

Still getting this
  • solonoob
    solonoob Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @strumslinger said:
    > We're looking into it!

That was yesterday and you still haven't figured this out. Everything was working fine for me before this "quick server restart", now even after restarting my pc and arc, I'm still getting this error. Think I might go to arc for this one, not finding answers here.
  • Getting the same error, restart everything and still getting the error. Game was working fine before the sudden maintenance today.
  • manaq1
    manaq1 Posts: 1
    it was working before patch, so they screwed up in patch, big influx of people thru arc and the whole system collapses ... i dont see anything strange happening.. i fail to believe the two hour downtime was for a patch to "show" a big green button on a quest launcher ...
  • i cant too
  • viking1665
    viking1665 Posts: 1
    I'm having this problem as well. May 15th got an email advertising Royal Quest. Looked good. Downloaded and installed. I get the error message.
    First impression is bad. I can only assume the rest of the game is bad. Welcome to the new game. Wanna play? TO FREEKIN BAD!!!
  • windhart
    windhart Posts: 1
    getting the same problem and I have tried what you suggested.
  • arketipicos
    Same problem to me...,
    we must wait and see.
  • yoshina80
    yoshina80 Posts: 1
    Same here, after update : Arc authentication error. Please try again. Tried restart Router, Client, PC, flushed DNS, Changed Password, Deauthorized / Reauthorized PC in Defender, still no luck.
  • affi332
    affi332 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    try harder pls, i got that problem after i downloaded this game and started it for the first time. no trigger happy log in button clicking or anything. that prob is on your side, if you want ppl playing, fix it.
    ** well, its not the first time, that the arc client interferes with a game. wouldnt surprise me if thats the case again, especially after that error msg.**
  • thevoong
    thevoong Posts: 3
    Yep, same here - Arc authentication error since the patch
  • iameppik
    iameppik Posts: 3
    Hello. I have the same problem. Start the game server list is empty and after few seconds i have message "arc autentication problem". Arc restart even pc restart doesn´t work :(. Can the problem be that is the beta version ? TFA ( Thanks For Answer :) ).
  • thevoong
    thevoong Posts: 3
    Yes, it's a beta, which is why we're reporting the errors :)
  • barok
    barok Posts: 1
    Same here. Got the come play our new to ARC game. Yeah, happy face. DL, update, log in error. ^%$#^, angry face. >.<

Categories