A pay to win game? Really?

This game has some really good points to it but all of it is for nothing due to the fact this is a Pay to win. Greed destroyes yet another game.

Comments

• horizons2052
    horizons2052 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Do you have any idea how many people are going throw their money at this game so they can just wipe people away who choose not to pay?  Answer:  A lot, I mean A lot.  When they destroy another player it gives them an endorphin rush.  It is very much like getting high or having sex.  The chemical reaction int he reward center of the brain is exactly the same.  Much like with drugs and sex, people will pay for that rush.  And people WILL pay.  You cannot stop that.  Instead, don't get worked up about it, just don't play this game and move on.  Plenty of other games out there.
  • can always go to the original game site ... 
  • Can you please detail how this is supposed to be Pay-to-Win?

IMHO it is an almost entirely skill/grind based game, with certain Pay-to-Advance elements. But there are no purchaseable elements in this game that would allow a lesser pilot to vanquish a better pilot and that cannot also be gained through playing. Sometimes a lot of playing, but still playing, not paying.
  • dratikus
    dratikus Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These days if you need a game where you can not buy better weapons or ships, you're better off picking up some classic game consoles and some cartridges/CDs and playing those. These kinds of online games are a social media and are designed to make you feel powerful, in control, and connected to a whole lot of other people.
  • trmcgillicutti
    trmcgillicutti Posts: 26 Arc User
    In light of the cost of ships and that the "Exchange" is only one direction, yeah it's pay to win. I mean, when I go to open a space on my ship and it's 2,000 standards, yeah... Pay to win.

Further, I spent the day getting level 4 on all 3 of the first ships, getting the next tier, then leveling those a bit, to where i have a rank 3 ship, upgraded weapons skills, but, since I don't PVP, no loyalty contracts for me... Yeah, pay to win. And if I leave, like to go abandoned beacon or something, ganged by whatever is there, all rapid firing, boom ship explodes in 5 seconds.... Yeah, pay to win.

But hey, if the people making the game only want 20% of their potential market, not my problem. Just another wasted download to be uninstalled until they can figure out PVE balance isn't based on PVP balance, which is always based on pay to win for all the epeeners who will spend a boatload to feel powerful in a game, even if only a few people are playing it.

But greed is not the issue. Pay to win isn't about greed, it's about Devs assuming a gaming market thinks just like them, and they're right for who is playing, but wrong for all the people who leave and tell them why, but that the Devs ignore (and are told off by the small player base) with, "They don't know what they're talking about, it's a a great game," while wondering why the servers aren't very populated but a few hours on weekends and the store isn't selling as much as they thought it would....

Greed would appeal to as many players as possible with as much in the store as anyone could want to buy, to entice even the most frugal of us to spend money on the game within a year while knowing we don't have to, but because we want to for something in their store. And I can assure you that is not this game.
  • aliskosan
    aliskosan Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    good day! what do you mean by saying that you need 2000 GS for opening space?
    Just like in any mmorpg you have to level up. it's normal. We have various missions in PvE and free space, completing which you can easily do that if you don't prefer PvP.
    About empty servers. That's too far from reality, we have many players from all over the world.
  • thetanine
    thetanine Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nevermind. Keep On Truck'in!

Post edited by thetanine on
    Who controls the past controls the future.
    Who controls the present controls the past.

GEORGE ORWELL (1903–1950)
  • hrconard1
    hrconard1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    In light of the cost of ships and that the "Exchange" is only one direction, yeah it's pay to win. I mean, when I go to open a space on my ship and it's 2,000 standards, yeah... Pay to win.

Further, I spent the day getting level 4 on all 3 of the first ships, getting the next tier, then leveling those a bit, to where i have a rank 3 ship, upgraded weapons skills, but, since I don't PVP, no loyalty contracts for me... Yeah, pay to win. And if I leave, like to go abandoned beacon or something, ganged by whatever is there, all rapid firing, boom ship explodes in 5 seconds.... Yeah, pay to win.

But hey, if the people making the game only want 20% of their potential market, not my problem. Just another wasted download to be uninstalled until they can figure out PVE balance isn't based on PVP balance, which is always based on pay to win for all the epeeners who will spend a boatload to feel powerful in a game, even if only a few people are playing it.

But greed is not the issue. Pay to win isn't about greed, it's about Devs assuming a gaming market thinks just like them, and they're right for who is playing, but wrong for all the people who leave and tell them why, but that the Devs ignore (and are told off by the small player base) with, "They don't know what they're talking about, it's a a great game," while wondering why the servers aren't very populated but a few hours on weekends and the store isn't selling as much as they thought it would....

Greed would appeal to as many players as possible with as much in the store as anyone could want to buy, to entice even the most frugal of us to spend money on the game within a year while knowing we don't have to, but because we want to for something in their store. And I can assure you that is not this game.

Hi There....
    Just a Heads Up---> You can Earn what u need in game without Spending money to get better stuff right off ,, you just have to Get in there and Play.. Play.. Play.. and go with the flow & Do The missions Ect,. And you will get Up there and get Better weapons and such.. Yeah you will prolly get killed allot just as I do. It's all just a part of playing the game. Win or Lose its all Good and Fun. :) Very Good Luck To You :) ,, *P*E*A*C*E* :)D See Ya In Game If You Decide to Stay And Play.. I Highly Recomend Playing The Game--> Its Great.. It Just Takes time to Get Up There to Where U Can kick Butt :)
    Post edited by hrconard1 on
  • cirran1
    cirran1 Posts: 5 Arc User

I really appriciate you posting this. I have zero desire to PvP and was tempted to try this game out by the talk of you can PvE. Your post answers some of the questions I had, like is PvE a legitimate way to play or is it like so many PvP centric games, just kind of an after thought and not viable.

Thank you for keeping me from wasting my time and money.

Cirran
  • alexmiby1
    alexmiby1 Posts: 1 New User
    Bad game. Badly made. Have to wait and wait and wait... Huge waste of time. I wish luck to the competitor game makers.
  • thsteelego
    thsteelego Posts: 1 New User
    Great game. Ignore the bad reviews. We live in a generation of 'gamer' where every mom. pop, and cheerleader, and QB thinks they are a gamer because they have CoD. Games that require you to learn a skill and get good, they give bad reviews to. They just want to see a free win. This game is very MOBAish. You've several types of ships that fill different roles (scanner/scouts, sniper frigates, front line fighters, cloakable 'tacklers' who's job is to go out and catch the scouts and interceptors by stopping them so large ships can finally lock on to them. You've got support repair, scanning, recharging classes in the back. All together it is a well put together game. I see this BS about 'pay to win' this is a F2P game, they are going to make income somehow, I mean, you aren't suppling the servers we all play on. That said, nothing is P2W, everything other people can get with cash, I can get with in game currency. Yes your cash bought frigate will have a nicer paint job, and you deserve that for supporting the game, but it doesn't give you a lick of advantage over those not shelling out money so it stays a competitive and growing game. Give it a try, really take the time to learn how deep the stratagies of this game go... oh, and join a group quick. 2 Pilots working together pub smash 5 man 'teams' working individually all day.
  • dbenvans
    dbenvans Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    i must not be playing the same game. ive got r9 and a destro/paid nothing.

Categories