test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

X2.exe Not Responding

khorbahnkhorbahn Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Elsword
So far:

1. Win 8 (Mobile DJ, my Specs are non-issue)
  2. Start Elsword
  3. X2.exe not responding
  4. Set Compat Settings
  5. X2.exe works but gives error 

Changed Game and X2 .exe's to Admin - Same Result.

Comments

• anukadiyosanukadiyos Posts: 57 Arc User
    i just downloaded this game and when i launched it the game will not respond.
  • khorbahnkhorbahn Posts: 11 Arc User
    Tried Desktop shortcut - Same Result.
  • koinamionly1213koinamionly1213 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issues
    i hope some mod here will post here on how to fix this. Win 8 here
  • Yeah I have the exact same problem... Someone needs to help... 
  • changed to run on windows xp service pack 3 an it worked 

changed to run on windows xp service pack 3 an it worked 

That was the 2nd Compat for me.   However, this is pulled from another Company so they may have made a quick hotfix.
    edited March 2015

changed to run on windows xp service pack 3 an it worked 

What version of Win are you running?  I still get
    13-0400-00000000-501
    when changing the Compat Settings 

*UPDATE*

I tried setting reduced color mode to 16-bit.

Same Result.
  • lightlight Posts: 1
    Yeah, Win8 truly blows in these types of situations. 
    But let me tell you what I do to play this on my Win8 laptop.

First, turn off all the compatibility modes you just turned on.
    Run everything as admin.
    Launch Arc.
    Play ElSword.
    After it patches and X-Trap does its thing, the client should pop up in all white.
    Immediately do alt+ctrl+del.
    Wait roughly ten seconds, you may have to time it differently, and hit esc.
    If you timed it right, on the bottom right of the client, it should say loading and the game will work fine every time you launch this way. 
    If you waited too long, it'll just stay frozen on the screen with music in the background or something. In which case, close down the client and try the above steps again with slightly different timing.

If you hear a beep and music while in the alt+ctrl+del screen. You waited WAAAAAY too long.

• deanwolfman1990deanwolfman1990 Posts: 3 Arc User
    im running win7 and it wont work for me i keep getting error window even tho i tried all the above steps
    light said:
    Yeah, Win8 truly blows in these types of situations. 
    But let me tell you what I do to play this on my Win8 laptop.

First, turn off all the compatibility modes you just turned on.
    Run everything as admin.
    Launch Arc.
    Play ElSword.
    After it patches and X-Trap does its thing, the client should pop up in all white.
    Immediately do alt+ctrl+del.
    Wait roughly ten seconds, you may have to time it differently, and hit esc.
    If you timed it right, on the bottom right of the client, it should say loading and the game will work fine every time you launch this way. 
    If you waited too long, it'll just stay frozen on the screen with music in the background or something. In which case, close down the client and try the above steps again with slightly different timing.

If you hear a beep and music while in the alt+ctrl+del screen. You waited WAAAAAY too long.

Nice Fix.

I haven't Tested that yet - but,
    I can say this...

wow.  How did QA miss this?
  • deanwolfman1990deanwolfman1990 Posts: 3 Arc User
    idk and none of them will make a patch or even repond to a post to let us know they are aware
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Posts: 551 Arc User
    Hey everyone,
    We're aware of all the issues and we're contacting the Elsword team for more information. Thanks for letting us know!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter
    Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

at 1st the game will run but x2.exe not responding will occur but after one day it says not available in your region. what is this? wasting of time for downloading this game.  :/
  • I'm having the same issue, a grey window and not responding. :/
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Posts: 639 Arc User
    I have a slightly different issue, tbh - it runs just fine, but has a tendency to crash after a while - never timed it between crashes. It starts up again just fine, but once again, it'll crash after a while. Usually happens during scene switches in dungeons and clearing quests.

Nothing too bad, just really annoying.
    76561198160276582.png
  • yosoyeldyosoyeld Posts: 1 Arc User
    well, just appear a black screen, and dont work, i tryed all, so . . . . welcome  to  uninstall, users dont should resolve the work of developers, who must to worry for have their product usable and working. sorry, MMORPGS have many, man, sooooooooooo many for i need breaking my head with this (uninstall done) thanks
  • davbedavbe Posts: 2
    okay so myself and about dozen people are now uninstalling this game (elsword) because we are not able to log. Maybe we will try again when we hear the issues have been fixed.
       this product is turning out to be a disappointment for those of us wanting to play but can't do to these wonderful issues
  • chrys0genesischrys0genesis Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Dear Arc,
    Hihi, Having the same problem as these other guys. I downloaded it the first day and it ran fine and now it will not run. Thank you for looking into it Arc!

Dear Gamers,
    If you are having the same issue as I am (and it appers you are) there is one thing you can do besides uninstall and forget about it. You can wait for them to fix it, and in the mean time download the game from the original site and make a new character. Then when they fix it, you can play this character again and uninstall the straight download!

It just seems to me yelling at Arc will not make them fix it faster, and just posting about uninstalling it in a whineing tone won't get you the ability to play it while they fix it.  Try my solution instead? Just a suggestion! I am already on lvl 20 with my temporary character!

http://en.elswordonline.com/
    edited March 2015
    Everyone - as I stated before - this game is originally from Aeria Games - which STILL functions without any issue on 1st Install. 

The problem may exist because of the Port.  Aeria uses X-Trap as well.

After creating a Char in Aeria, I uninstalled and re-installed from Arc.  ----  Same Results
    Aeria Screenshots

Aeria Startup

Char Selection

Aeria Gameplay

ATM, the only way *I* can play Elsword is through Aeria.
    Others MAY be able to work through ARC.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Posts: 551 Arc User
    Dear Arc,
    Hihi, Having the same problem as these other guys. I downloaded it the first day and it ran fine and now it will not run. Thank you for looking into it Arc!

Dear Gamers,
    If you are having the same issue as I am (and it appers you are) there is one thing you can do besides uninstall and forget about it. You can wait for them to fix it, and in the mean time download the game from the original site and make a new character. Then when they fix it, you can play this character again and uninstall the straight download!

It just seems to me yelling at Arc will not make them fix it faster, and just posting about uninstalling it in a whineing tone won't get you the ability to play it while they fix it.  Try my solution instead? Just a suggestion! I am already on lvl 20 with my temporary character!

Thanks so much for the kind words. We really are trying our hardest to look into the issue! Thank you for your patience.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter
    Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• brandedpupilsbrandedpupils Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    My fix was to go to the actual file and click the game, run it as admin, it worked perfectly fine. Games updating as I type. idk if i can play yet but its finally doing something. Arc is open, but I didnt go through Arc to play. I went straight to the downloaded file. I'll let you know if i got in and can play. But so far, this has worked for me..
    Seems when I try play through Arc it doesn't work (X2.exe). But when I go through the actual game (Elsword.exe), it works perfectly fine. So, I believe, atleast in my situation, its the Arc version thats not working and has problems...
    after it downloaded and i got to sign in (X2.exe) it loaded a whole bunch more
    Edit; I'm in. Worked for me..
    Post edited by brandedpupils on
    ~ Aloha ~
  • hentaimeetinghentaimeeting Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    How is possible that ARC give us a crashed game?, what kind of joke is this?. They can working too hard to fix it, but is not the solution in thi case. Sincerely, this game will get the same goal than rusty hearts.
    Dear Arc,

Dear Gamers,

Thanks so much for the kind words. We really are trying our hardest to look into the issue! Thank you for your patience.
    Didn't realize that bringing attention AND Screenshots to a Major Issue was yelling at Support.
    In fact, where I come from - folk appreciate instead of hate.... guess ima dinosaur.

Rone
    Ret. EA SPORTS, QA/Tech Advisor
    Ret. CIBC, Sr. Technical Analyst

My fix was to go to the actual file and click the game, run it as admin, it worked perfectly fine. Games updating as I type. idk if i can play yet but its finally doing something. Arc is open, but I didnt go through Arc to play. I went straight to the downloaded file. I'll let you know if i got in and can play. But so far, this has worked for me..
    Seems when I try play through Arc it doesn't work (X2.exe). But when I go through the actual game (Elsword.exe), it works perfectly fine. So, I believe, atleast in my situation, its the Arc version thats not working and has problems...
    after it downloaded and i got to sign in (X2.exe) it loaded a whole bunch more
    Edit; I'm in. Worked for me..
    yea, it appears to be "flakey" - My Arc started updating and I'm just now able to repair and finally got Login Screen.
    Since the Title is still running on Aeria, my thought is Arc/PWE is trying to Port into the existing Server or they will finally take over the Server.

until then, it's my opinion that Arc/PWE *is* working on this - this is like a DJ's Equipment Failing in the middle of a Set.

If there is a Server Merge - that's Major.  think, DCUO.  PC and Console
    If it is a Takeover - that's Major.  think Rockstar Games being bought by EA but released under the umbrella

as you can see - either is a Major under-taking and requires Testing and Patience.

my only thought is why were we not given a chance to Alpha/Beta the Crossover?  doesn't mean i'm screaming on Arc - it's a viable question.  

Surprise / Awe Factor is lost in trying to play - those that can, Congratulations. (seriously)

.......i'm still confused at who was yelling at Support - all I read was some of us having issues and then Reporting the Issue with Screenies to back up said Issue.

if that's yelling - you cannot make it during the 24/7 "Crunch-Time" to get a Title out so dont ever apply for a Gaming Company - especially EA - now this <--- this is me acten a fool - but, Ive been there, done this and owned it.

when you do - you'll understand - I'm one of the good guys on your side ... problem?  you noticed too late.
  • kougoukougou Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Hi guys,

I had a similair problem with all you guys. When i started the game (windows 7) the screen stays black/grey and nothing happened till it said not responding.
    I tried all the steps written here but in vain.

However, I left clicked on elswords client, go to compatibility, click on run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp (service pack3), also click on run in 640 x  480 resolution, apply, close arc, restart elsword, when you see your character change your screen resolution back to normal and it should work.

Hope this works for you guys
    Have fun and look me up ingame (konyaro)

Cheers
  • zhengmaoguizhengmaogui Posts: 2 Arc User
    For me, download the game from the official website install it and play it, then close, open arc elsword and is working XD.
  • drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 6,879 Community Moderator
    Hey everyone,

Can you please try launching Elsword again? There was a maintenance today that may have fixed the issue. If you still get the x2.exe error, please post here again.

Thanks!

not sure if you saw this post from the other thread
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg