test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The wishlist aka. a suggestion compilation

sirisaacnsirisaacn Posts: 25
edited October 2014 in Gameplay Suggestions

Dear EK-team, fellow gamers,

I would like to thank the developers for making this awesome game, but I think it can be improved – and when reading this forum and facebook it seems I am not alone with my opinion. So I decided to post a list of the most popular ideas.

This is the list:

1. In-Game Messaging

2. Changes to Evolution

2.1. Compensation

3. Trade

4. More ways to earn Firetokens

5. Fix fragments

6. Clanevents

7. Renaming Decks

If any of the topics is interesting for you – click the topic to get a more detailed explanation. These explanations are my point of view on how to implement the demanded changes or just my point of view on the demand in general.

Or you can just read the whole topic – with all explanations – but be warned – a massive wall of text is incoming.

I thank everyone in advance for reading this.

If you like it – post your idea.

If you have an idea that should be in this list – post your idea – or write me a message.

And if you think the developers should read this – post the link (http://tinyurl.com/eksuggestion) on facebook or on twitter.

Thanks

Sir Isaac N

ps: I have been thinking about posting this for a while – and I am not complaining – just suggesting changes that might improve the game – because I think that with some of recent changes to the game more and more people might leave the game – which would be the eventual downfall of the game (the level cap event comes to mind – with the ridiculous reward for people level 100+ - a more evened out spread of the rewards might have been a better idea – but I am ranting and that is not what I wanted – so enjoy the game and this post)

Post edited by sirisaacn on

Comments

• sirisaacnsirisaacn Posts: 25
    edited October 2014
    1. In-Game Messaging

Ok this one is rather self-explanatory. Lots of people have said this already. We already have an in-game mailing service...

Why restrict it to clanleaders and the system?

We would all like the right to write and not only receive messages.

It should be easy to implement a message button on the screen I get when I click someone – just put it above the friend/unfriend button.

And there already is a mail button in the menu. Put the option to write a mail in there as well. Click it and then you have to boxes that one can fill with text. One is the message – the other the recipient of the message – just like any ordinary mailing system (and like any mail system we might need the option to ignore specific people).

I know that it is easier said than done – especially considering how the mail system is working at the moment. But it is one of the most demanded features – and even though the developers will not be getting gems by us having a mailing system – the extra comfort it will generate will keep people playing the game and thus generate revenue – so please do it.

edited October 2014

2. Changes to evolution

We were promised changes to evolution ever since it was implemented and everyone complained about the cost. Now we have this evolution event that feels like being cheated – it is a temporary form of what most people wanted to be a permanent thing. I can understand the intention of the developers for making it temporary – because this would appease the hard gemming people that already evolve cards and have been demanding compensation if changes would occur (and we were promised those). But more on the compensation and my view on that later and now to the way on how to change evolution.

The first way to change evolution would be to make the event that is happening right now permanent. This would be the easiest thing to do.

But might still not address the fact that evolution would still be impossible for most mid-level players – because they just do not have six copies of a card (let alone a good five star card).

My Idea would be a system that makes evolution accessible for f2p players while keeping it something exclusive. (yes I posted this on the forums before)

My Idea works like this:

If I want to evolve a card - let us take a Fire Kirin for example - I can use different ways

1st way: I can use another Fire Kirin of any level to evolve my card - if i do that i have to pay the least gold - let us say 500k (yes that is way less then we have to pay right now - but evolution is somewhat to expensive - i think most people agree on that)

or

2nd way: I can use one other set five star card - for the Fire Kirin that would be an Armored Sumatran - yes just one and again the level of the card could be 0 - but i would have to pay 50% more gold raising the cost to 750k – this is still very similar to the way things are right now – but let us look at the other two options i suggest...

or 

3rd way: I can use 2 other five star cards of my own choice - that have to be from the same class as the card i want to evolve (for example one Aranyani and one Night Elf Ranger - or two Aranyani - they can be level 0 again - to evolve my Fire Kirin) - again I would have to pay an increased fee - i would say 750k again

or

4th way: I can use four star cards

a) I can use one set four star card (for the Fire Kirin - maybe a Forest Giant - but i am just pulling ideas out of my head - maybe some other four star forest card would fit better - for balancing reasons and what not) but the four star card has to be level 11 (yes eleven - so it has to be evolved once) and the cost would be increased by 100% to 1000k gold

or

b) I can use two four star cards of my own choice that have to be from the same class (for example a Night Kirin and a Treant Healer - or two night Kirin) - again they have to be level 11 and the cost for the evolution would be 1000k again

All of this would be applicable to four star cards as well with cost like this

250k if I evolve a card using a copy of its own

375k if I evolve using a set other four star card or two four star card of my choice (from the same class as the card i want to evolve)

500k if I evolve using a set level 11 three star card or two level 11 three star cards of my choice(from the same class)

and yes - evolution should be possible for three star cards with cost as following

100k if i use a copy of the card i want to evolve

150k if I use one set other three star card or two three star cards of my own choice that are from the same class as the card i want to evolve

(maybe three star cards have other skills accessible through evolution - maybe even immunity and ice shield - so that it might be viable to use three star cards in high end decks) - but this is just a maybe

2 and one star cards would not be evolveable

So this is my idea – it keeps the mechanics of the current evolutions system while adding some stuff and it would make it an accessible feature for most people – even if they do not possess multiple copies of one card

with this evolution would get cheaper - and gemmers would still have it as an exclusive feature because they can evolve earlier with the reduced cost

but with some effort even f2p players could evolve their best cards but with increased gold cost in comparison (still less then it is now - if you always took two cards of your choice you would have to pay 12000k in total to evolve a five star card to maximum evolution using ten level 11 four star cards of your choice that have been evolved using 20 level 11 three star cards of your choice)

The reduced gold costs might be adjusted – but this is just an basic idea and the developers would have to think on how to balance it – and if they are worried that they might lose money because people are not buying as much warrior and warlord packs anymoe – maybe they could include this as an event or they make it so that if you evolve a card with cards of a lesser star level on would have to pay a small gem fee (and i thing small like 15 gems per evolution)

Another Idea would be that instead of the current system where you need another card for evolution you need something called essence of the mountain/swamp/forest/tundra to evolve a card of that type.

You can gain those essences by sacrificing a four of five star card of that type. Sacrificing would cost gold and destroy the card but you would get as many essences as the card had cost (so a fire kirin[unevolved] would give 14 essence of the forest while a thunder dragon would give me 17 – ofc if the sacrificed card was evolved it would give more essences – because the cost was raised by the evolution).

The evolution of a card would then cost gold (less then now) and essences (maybe again looking at the cost – so a 17 cost card like a thunder dragon would need 17 essences of the forest to get evolved for the first time)

1. Compensation

A lot of the players that already used evolution demanded that they would get compensation if the price of evolution was changed – it seems like the developers decided to make the changes to evolution temporary so that those players would have no grounds to continue complaining. If EK ever decides to permanently change the price of evolution they might want to consider compensating the people that spent more money. But at the same moment those players might consider that they had level 15 cards before the change and thus were able to place higher in the hydra/worldtree event and every single DI since the introduction of the evolution – from my point of view this is more compensation than needed – it is logical that if you want to use something as the first person you will have to pay more then the rest – easy as that. But that is just my opinion.

edited October 2014

3. Trade

There have been quite a lot of people demanding the ability to trade cards with another. And even though I see a great chance for abuse if this was implemented into the game I also think that it might greatly improve the game. So here is my idea on how to implement trading while minimizing the risk of abuse.

First make the trade only available to players level 40 (or 45 or 50 – whatever might be best for balancing reasons) this way it would limit the people using an alternate account just so they can trade in that free 72h Fire Kirin – getting to level 40 (or 50) takes quite some time and I think most people do not have that much time to spare.

Secondly I propose two different markets with three different settings.

The markets would be:

1. A market where I can trade cards, gold and fire tokens Here I can trade gold and fire tokens without a limit and cards with a limit. Gold-trade should be multiplied by 20k – so if I enter a 1 – I actually trade 20k gold. Fire tokens should have a minimum of 5 tokens in a trade – and then they can be raised by the single digit (so I could trade 10 or 6 or 9 or 50 fire tokens in one trade but never less then five). Cards should be limited to three cards per trade per trading party.

Also – as it is a market for cards – there always needs to be at least one card involved in a trade. So it would be not be possible to trade fire tokens for gold with no card involved. But I could trade a card for just gold.

These limitations are there to prevent abuse with alternate account (in addition to the level restriction).

Cards, Gold and Fire tokens should be tradeable in any combination.

Here is an example:
        I would give some fire tokens (16), some gold (2mil – so I entered 1000 in the box for gold trading) and some cards (a Cerato level 12 and a level 10 SoL) for some other cards of someone else (a level 15 QotD with Bloodsucker 9 and a level 10 HH2. A market where I can trade card fragments

Here I can only trade fragments and I can not get more then three times the amount of fragments then I am giving. So If I am trading 9 thunder dragon fragments – I will get at least 3 other fragments and at most 27 other fragment – this market could be implemented independent from the fact if the market for cards and gold and firetokens gets implemented.

The three settings for both markets would be:

1. Open trade

Here I can trade with anyone on the server.

I can either post what I am offering (let us say a thunder dragon) and wait for someone to offer me something in return (let us say 15 fire tokens) and I can then either accept or refuse. If I refuse my offer will continue to be on the market.

Or I can propose a complete trade. Say I offer my thunder dragon and I want a Queen of the Dead and a magic banquet in return. Then someone possessing the cards I want can accept the trade and it is done. Either way I can only post three trades in 24 hours (more if I pay gems) and a post will go off the market if no person accepted it in 48 hours. I can furthermore not use cards that are on the market in my deck and every trade cost both trading parties 50 gems (10 gems if they are trading fragments)

2. Guild trade

Here I can do the same like the Open trade but only members of my clan can see and accept my offers. I also have 4 trades a day and the gem cost is halved (25 gems when trading cards, gold and fire token and 5 gems when trading fragments – for each trading party)

3. Friend trade

It is again like the open trade but here I post it to one specific player (that has to be in my friend-list). Only that person can see the offer and accept it. Again only 3 trades per day and 50gems cost (10 for fragments) for both parties if the trade is accepted.

edited October 2014

4. More Ways to Earn Fire Tokens

Many players mentioned that the supply with fire tokens gets rather low once someone completed all the runeshard achievements. Thus a lot of people want more ways to earn fire tokens. Here are some ideas on how this could be done.

More achievements – especially long term

Here I am thinking it might be a good idea to reward long term players – since those are the one suffering from less firetokens the most.

Some examples:

Participate in 1/2/3/4/5 Hydra battle/Worldtree events.

Gain 3/6/9/12/15 firetokens,

Complete the mazes on level 6/7/8 for 50/100/150/200/250 times.

Gain 5/10/15/20/25 fire tokens.

I think you get the gist of it.

Another Idea would be special firetoken earning events. Put them as reward in chest or such.

edited October 2014

5. Fix fragments

It has been mentioned by a lot of people that it takes forever to earn the fragments via the mazes and it takes even longer to collect enough fragment from thieves to actually craft a card.

One way the fix this would be to implement wild card fragments.

The idea is that these fragments can be used as substitute for the missing fragments. It could be made that there are different wild card fragments. Like:

Tundra/Forest/Mountain/Swamp fragments – these can be used as substitute to craft any card of the specific kingdom. (rather seldom to find)

Tundra/Forest/Mountain/Swamp 4*/5* fragments – these can be used as substitute to craft a card of the specific kingdom of the specific star level. (can be found more often then he first mentioned fragments)

Generic 4*/5* fragments – can be used to substitute in the crafting of any card of the specific card level. (rare)

Generic fragments – can be used tu substitute in the crafting of any card. (really really rare).

I know that implementing something like this would change the complete mechanic of how crafting cards works – and considering how ofter these would drop a limit of how many can be used in one crafting process might be necessary.

Another way to change the shortage of fragments would be the market for fragments that I mentioned earlier.

edited October 2014

6. Clanevents

A lot of different ideas for clan ideas have been posted already so I am just going to quote the one I thought the most thought through.

udani said:

EK MAZE EVENT

-Maze is has unlimited floors/levels.

- Event maze can be reset once per day for free. Any addition reset will cost 100 (Less/More) gems. (Each reset might progressively cost more depending on what EK decides)

-Maze is played with energy.

-Two energy is consumed every battle.

- Five battles per floor/level. Four battles being monsters/chest and fifth being the stairwell.

-THIS IS UP TO EK TO DECIDE IF THEY WANT THIS LOOP HOLE:

-Option 1: Players have to defeat all chest and monsters before progressing to the next floor/level of the maze.

OR

-Option 2: Players don’t have to defeat all the monsters and chest before progressing to the next floor/level. (Maybe they don’t receive the rewards from defeating all monsters, chest, and bosses if they don’t defeat all monsters/chests/boss in the set of 1-10 floors/levels of the maze) 

-PERSONAL OPINION: I like this idea because it allows different agendas and strategies to be utilized

-Bosses, chests, and monsters are treated the same as thieves. Every attack lowers the monster/chest/boss hero HP, cards, and cards HP.

-Chest/monsters will have the same types of drops as normal mazes.

-Example: Chests will drop cards that are rank 1* - 5*. As the player continues to progress through the maze the chances of high stars dropping increases. (Up to EK to decide what floor/level maze will start dropping each star categories)

-Example: Monsters will drop card fragments. As the player continues to progress through the maze the chances of high star fragments increases. (Up to EK to decide what floor/level maze will start dropping each star category card, what kind, and frequency)

-Each maze floor/level is more difficult than the previous one.

-Two different prize reward categories.

-Players that defeat the most maze floors/levels. (Rewards will be highly desired cards)

-Examples of highly desirable card:

-Forest: Thunder Dragon, Goddess of Order, Moss Dragon, Celestial Touchstone, Omni Dragon, Leprechaun, Winged Tiger

-Tundra: Dharmanian, Ancient One, Sea Piercer, Ice Dragon, Light Paladin, Shadow Assassin, Ice Knight, Crystal Emperor

-Mountain: Lava Destroyer, Fire Demon, Queen of the Damned, Dragon Knight

-Swamp: Behemoth, Abhorrent Gargoyle, Giant Mud Larva

-PERSONAL OPINION: Having highly desired cards for this category will make the high level players not reset the maze and try to progress through the maze as far as possible.

-Players that defeat the most monsters/chests. (Rewards will be lower desired cards)

-Examples of lower desired cards:

-Forest: Fire Kiren, Night Elf Ranger, Christmas Trent, Forest Bender, Aranyani, Armored Sumatran, Prince of the Forest

-Tundra: Taiga Archon, Taiga General, Arctic Cephalid

-Mountain: Red Banded Dragon, Fire Berserker, Nuriel, Dire Snapping Turtle, Fire Dragon Turtle, Azula, Skeleton King

-Swamp: Venus Soultrap, Marsh Devourer, Zombie Dragon, Ancient Oni, Moore Ripper

-PERSONAL OPINION: Having lower desirable cards in this category will make lower levels reset the mazes and kill more monsters and chest than the high level players because of the easy they will have in killing said monsters and chests. This will give lower level players a category that will not have nearly as many high level players to compete with.

-Every five maze floors/levels a player defeats they get a prize. (Fire Tokens is my suggestion or primarily Fire Tokens)

-If the maze is reset the reward will be cut in half --- rounded down (Or more).

-EXAMPLE: A player that defeats maze floor/levels 1-5 and the reward is three Fire Tokens. If that player then resets the maze for the first time and defeats maze floor/levels 1-5 will only receive one Fire Token. If that player resets the maze for a third time that player will no longer receive any rewards for floor/levels 1-5.

- Every tenth level the stairwell will have a Boss guarding.

-After a player finds the boss and makes an initial hit, the entire clan will be able to participate in the boss battle. (The boss will have the same power as a hydra level 1-5 or legendary thief. Both in difficulty and HP) (Possible extra rewards for defeating the boss for the player that found it and the clan members that participated in defeating it)

-Five times a day a player can ask for help from his clan to defeat a monster, chest, or boss.

-Treat these “clan attacks” on monsters, chests, or bosses the same as they would be treated during the hyrda event. (Refer to Hydra event for specification.)

-Event to coincide maze event is: Unlimited Energy Purchase.

-Event that gives a percentage increase to 4* and 5* card drop per reset in maze event.

If you have any questions regarding this post please feel free to ask and I will clarify. 

If you have any suggestions on how to improve this event please voice your idea.

Thank you,

[nV] Uni

Harmony

edited October 2014

7. Renaming Decks

Ok this is the easiest to implement idea of all. Make it possible that we can name our decks. I has been demanded ere in the forum and on facebook more than once

• reserved for more ideas
  • reserved for more ideas
  • Another idea small but effective detailed info such as the amount of gems purchased total and the quantity of meri needed to reach next rank in clan.

• f1avorf1avor Posts: 12 Arc User
    That maze event sounds interesting
  • I too like the maze event. 
  • I also really like the evolution idea. It would be really nice to be able to evolve my cards using those that I don't use in my decks and don't really plan to use. 
  • groceriegrocerie Posts: 23 Arc User
    Why not just have maze monsters drop fire tokens
    Chests drop cards already
    The drop rate could be as low as 5%
    But this gives f2p the opportunity to acquire them
  • grocerie said:
    Why not just have maze monsters drop fire tokens
    Chests drop cards already
    The drop rate could be as low as 5%
    But this gives f2p the opportunity to acquire them
    Well, fire tokens should be obtained in events mostly. Players should work for them and try as hard as they can to get as many as possible until the next hydra. As a f2p player, I always have just enough fire tokens for top 150ish. Little bit of dedication and you should be able to obtain almost anything in game. (;
                                                                                        Anar'alah belore.
                                                                             Facebook l Twitter l Wiki l Forum rules.

• 1)I think we should have cross server tournaments and or gameplay.
    2) buying card packs should be kinda like magic the gathering 1 rare,3 uncommon etc.... would promote more competitive gameplay. By letting more people get tournament worthy cards. Which would allow more evolves. Which will intern want more people to spend more cash because they know they have a better chance of other cards.
    3)Every month have  card design contest for players winner gets a fully evolved card they designed
    4)Develop a couple different league systems different requirments for each example: 4* league deck only,5* league decks. Let leagues be long going for a couple months at end top 20 have a tournament

Just a couple of my  ideas I'm sure there  similar ones out there
  • Clan hierarchy? 
  • alistairskyalistairsky Posts: 195
    1)I think we should have cross server tournaments and or gameplay.
    2) buying card packs should be kinda like magic the gathering 1 rare,3 uncommon etc.... would promote more competitive gameplay. By letting more people get tournament worthy cards. Which would allow more evolves. Which will intern want more people to spend more cash because they know they have a better chance of other cards.
    3)Every month have  card design contest for players winner gets a fully evolved card they designed
    4)Develop a couple different league systems different requirments for each example: 4* league deck only,5* league decks. Let leagues be long going for a couple months at end top 20 have a tournament

Just a couple of my  ideas I'm sure there  similar ones out there

Read by a mod. The more players ask for a particular event or feature, the better it is for devs to pinpoint which aspects to focus on. Sometimes they are easy to implement like FoH. Other times a bit longer because of coding issues :)

Thank you for your suggestions and keep them up!
    Have fun & build your deck!
    Submit EK bugs through  bug reports
    Follow EK on  facebook, twitter & official wiki
    Still have questions that FAQs haven't answered? Go to your ek app -> Menu -> Help -> Contact Us
    | terms of service | forum rules |