test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Arc Quests icon/button is gone from my Arc client

khalifriakhalifria Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Bug Reports
I logged into Arc to do my daily quests and the icon/button for the quests is gone. I had a small update when I launched the client so I figured something had gone wrong with the update. So, I shut down the client and restarted. Button is still gone from it usual spot on the lower right of the screen. I did some searching around the client to see if they might have moved it and did not tell any one about it. No luck.

Any one else missing the Arc Quests button?

I finally found a News article that explains it. Not thrilled they did not send out a notification in addition to the News article but now I know what happened. Long story short, they decided to fiddle with it.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/10819944-arc-quests-pc-improvements-on-the-horizon
Tagged:

Comments

• alphagoralphagor Posts: 1 Arc User
    It was experiencing erratic behaviour yesterday. Their upgrades might have caused some glitches. Probably thats why it was disabled.
    Right now when I was going to cash in 500 Z with today's game. :(
  • zireael#3141 zireael Posts: 1 Arc User
    I had the same problem today. Hope they won't mess it up. I was also looking for some explanation and couldn't find it, so thank you for posting this.
  • nathanfrankynathanfranky Posts: 4 Arc User
    sure they have remove it for good and won't put it back
    or they'll had it back but for a reward that will be minimal
  • h1fh1f Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wow, this will stop me from coming to ARC all together if this is not resolved :(
  • tilnafttilnaft Posts: 1 Arc User
    I will be uninstalling Arc today..... as well as most of the games.
  • oldentime#7813 oldentime Posts: 1 Arc User
    I will take a wait and see attitude. Of course I'm not happy. a heads up would have been nice.
  • shieldanvilshieldanvil Posts: 1 Arc User
    well, this sucks. I had 2 quests to complete today that would have brought me to my tier to cash in. Hope they reinstate it soon.
  • ridersleuthridersleuth Posts: 2 Arc User
    It certainly makes me query if I need to have Arc & all the games.

I hope for the best, although I am not very optimistic.
  • jadedragonessjadedragoness Posts: 1 Arc User
    I had 2 accts that were ready to redeem and now I will probably have to start over seeing as they were "continuous days logged in" quests! I'm not a happy camper right now
    BelwrenLeFey
    ~*~ Nemesis~*~
    Storm Server
  • blazer5721984blazer5721984 Posts: 1 Arc User
    tilnaft said:

I will be uninstalling Arc today..... as well as most of the games.

Im doing the same. Such bull shit and figures I only started doing the ARC quests a month or so ago. I only play one game of theirs and thats it. I dont need all these other Piece of shit games hogging space on my HD that I dont play.

GG FUCKERS

• tagenontagenon Posts: 1 Arc User
    THIS IS WHY

In order to make continued upgrades to the Arc Quests system, we have temporarily disabled it on PC while our team works on rolling out a new, enhanced version. Read more in our blog:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/10819944

• quantum42#9720 quantum42 Posts: 1 Arc User
    tagenon said:

THIS IS WHY

In order to make continued upgrades to the Arc Quests system, we have temporarily disabled it on PC while our team works on rolling out a new, enhanced version. Read more in our blog:

Now this is the kinda info that should be in the arc client, not that some game has a sale on bubbles :P
  • gypsy#2378 gypsy Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for the responce...will I lose the ones that I had up? They totaled 1300 points.

TY4YT
  • khalifriakhalifria Posts: 5 Arc User
    tagenon said:

THIS IS WHY

Thats the same link I posted in my first post.

Considering its PWI/Cryptic the safe bet is they are going to nerf the rewards and make them much harder to accomplish. Some one at corperate probably realized they were giving away way too much Zen and did the math on how much money they could rake in if they nefed the program or just killed it entirely. Guess we will have to wait and see. At this point I figure its 50/50 on if we see a nerfed to no end version or they will annouce they are having "technical difficulties" and its going to be delayed, only we will never hear another thing from PWI about it.
  • regenerderegenerde Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Well, if they really want to improve it... why not let it continue until those improvements are ready to be released?
    :|

Btw. something i hope they'll consider before giving the ARC quests the axe or messing it up for good, without the ARC quests i probably wouldn't have given some of the ARC games even a try, or spend money on them later...

Not to mention, that probably a good portion of that Zen went into the exchange (NWO or STO for example) for ingame currencies, which would be another good reason for getting the system up and running again.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • zyyphonzyyphon Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well for me they have a month....if they nerf it ...I will make more room for my PC memory
  • annewild#5180 annewild Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue. I looked around the internet if they changed their minds about those daily quests but couldn't find anything. I am lucky, I found this thread.
  • callonorcallonor Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm also ticked at how they went about this. I was one day away from 500 zen. I suspect that it's gone for good or will be so 'improved' as to be useless if they bring it back.
    Same here, sitting at 4k ARC points and had a few quests nearly ready... anything new on how long it will take for those improvements to be patched?
    Want to know why?
    Well, there was an Arc client update, but the quests are still MIA...
    Want to know why?
  • conradvanlierconradvanlier Posts: 2 Arc User
    I hope they will fixed the arc quest very soon otherwise they took so much form the players. It's a pitty that they ruined the pleasure playing the games from a lot of players hope they will fixed it shortly :'( :'( :'(
    Started trimming the Arc games tree today, Gigantic was the first to go...
    Want to know why?
  • neutralis424neutralis424 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yep I'm going to do some uninstalling also. Such a shame...
  • garaks31garaks31 Posts: 4 Arc User
    ... In order to make continued upgrades to the Arc Quests system, we have temporarily disabled it on PC. Our team is working on rolling out a new, enhanced version that will function better for all of our Arc titles. As we get closer to its return on PC, we will share some of the exciting new features that will be available in the next iteration. Arc Points and Arc Levels will remain on your account, and you may still redeem any Points on your account through the Charge menu in the Arc launcher.

• khalifriakhalifria Posts: 5 Arc User
    Its been 12 days and nothing from PWI. Time to purge my hard drive of some really lame games I would not have kept, after trying them, if it wasn't for the Arc Quests. Everything goes except for STO and Neverwinter.
    edited April 2018
    Well, still no update on the Arc quests... but since today, i'm getting blasted with error messages of the ArcUpdate.exe and Arc.exe and the ArcOSBrowser.exe and ArcOSOverlay.exe sniffing around on my DvD drives and not finding any mediums.

What the heck did they break now?
    Want to know why?
  • diclonias20diclonias20 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Everything I bet.
    It's back to normal, was pretty annoying for a few days, and still nothing new about the Arc quests...
    Want to know why?
  • jawredjonesjawredjones Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    regenerde said:

Well, still no update on the Arc quests... but since today, i'm getting blasted with error messages of the ArcUpdate.exe and Arc.exe and the ArcOSBrowser.exe and ArcOSOverlay.exe sniffing around on my DvD drives and not finding any mediums.

What the heck did they break now?

This is a glitch I've seen occur if you use another program which accesses your DVD drive such as Cyberlink, and then launch ARC. A reboot usually fixes it.

Why on earth ARC is digging its claws into outside programs like that is beyond me. Hopefully they've not crossed the legal line into malware.
  • crownmancrownman Posts: 10 Arc User
    ANY word, ANYWHERE, on WHEN Arc Quest's will be Returning?????