test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Portal-Wide Forum Migration

12345679»

Comments

• frtoasterfrtoaster Posts: 2,566 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »
    Hmm, getting rid of the Arc header also solves the problem of ending up in the middle of the page whenever I move to previous/next page in a thread.

Are you talking about this?
    frtoaster wrote: »
    3. Clicking on a link sends you to the middle of a thread instead of the top. I think what's happening is that the browser is keeping the scroll position from the previous page. This only happens if you access the forums through www.arcgames.com. It doesn't happen if you go directly to perfectworld.vanillaforums.com.
    The content is hosted under perfectworld.vanillaforums.com instead of www.arcgames.com/en/forums. The pages on arcgames.com use JavaScript to embed the content from perfectworld.vanillaforums.com. This creates two problems:

1. There is a noticeable delay in render time. I can clearly see a flicker before the browser renders the content of the page.

2. When I click on a link, it often takes me to the middle of a page instead of the top. I suspect that the browser is remembering my scrollbar position from the previous page.
    It's not just an iframe, but an iframe generated by JavaScript. I already complained on the STO forums about the usability problems this creates, but I don't think anyone else noticed.

1. If I browse the forums starting from www.arcgames.com/en/forums, then sometimes when I left-click on link, I get sent to the middle of the page instead of the top. I suspect that the browser is remembering the position of my scrollbar from the previous page.

2. There is a noticeable flicker whenever the browser loads a new page. The length of the delay may depend on the speed of your browser's JavaScript engine. I am using Firefox.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    yreodred wrote: »
    Time to move on, i guess.

+1

Seconded

You tell it.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the bank like a drunken fool.
  • krittycatkrittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And can we have Champions Online forums, like soon. You know the 1st born red headed mongrel of a game that came before STO and NW. One with comicbook/superhero theme and most of the population of these forums have never heard of.

There are games that PWE has had for longer that still don't have their forums yet, either. PWI and Jade Dynasty are the two that come to mind immediately...

Just remember that Champions isn't the oldest game in the PWE library, and that older doesn't necessarily mean more popular.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 5,307 Arc User
    krittycat wrote: »
    And can we have Champions Online forums, like soon. You know the 1st born red headed mongrel of a game that came before STO and NW. One with comicbook/superhero theme and most of the population of these forums have never heard of.

There are games that PWE has had for longer that still don't have their forums yet, either. PWI and Jade Dynasty are the two that come to mind immediately...

Just remember that Champions isn't the oldest game in the PWE library, and that older doesn't necessarily mean more popular.

Hear that FF? You're old and unpopular. :p

We now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.
  • toivatoiva Posts: 2,606 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »
    Hmm, getting rid of the Arc header also solves the problem of ending up in the middle of the page whenever I move to previous/next page in a thread.

Are you talking about this?
    3. Clicking on a link sends you to the middle of a thread instead of the top. I think what's happening is that the browser is keeping the scroll position from the previous page. This only happens if you access the forums through www.arcgames.com. It doesn't happen if you go directly to perfectworld.vanillaforums.com.
    The content is hosted under perfectworld.vanillaforums.com instead of www.arcgames.com/en/forums. The pages on arcgames.com use JavaScript to embed the content from perfectworld.vanillaforums.com. This creates two problems:

1. There is a noticeable delay in render time. I can clearly see a flicker before the browser renders the content of the page.

2. When I click on a link, it often takes me to the middle of a page instead of the top. I suspect that the browser is remembering my scrollbar position from the previous page.
    It's not just an iframe, but an iframe generated by JavaScript. I already complained on the STO forums about the usability problems this creates, but I don't think anyone else noticed.

1. If I browse the forums starting from www.arcgames.com/en/forums, then sometimes when I left-click on link, I get sent to the middle of the page instead of the top. I suspect that the browser is remembering the position of my scrollbar from the previous page.

2. There is a noticeable flicker whenever the browser loads a new page. The length of the delay may depend on the speed of your browser's JavaScript engine. I am using Firefox.

Yup, since I'm on perfectworld.vanillaforums.com, I don't get sent to the middle of the threads.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Get off my lawn!

And, should i start using the ;) again after my posts?....( ;) is only choice since they took our Sarcastic away)
    And CO is the oldest in Cryptic family. Rest i don't care.
    One would have thought that putting up games, under like same developer, at same time. And i'm starting to get nervous ticks for not being at "home".
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2015

Get off my lawn!

And, should i start using the ;) again after my posts?....( ;) is only choice since they took our Sarcastic away)
    And CO is the oldest in Cryptic family. Rest i don't care.
    One would have thought that putting up games, under like same developer, at same time. And i'm starting to get nervous ticks for not being at "home".

You know what, FF. just put this link in your sig. Or just use 4e390e7b7ee9b2534b09b75e58337bbf.jpg?itok=kYLuRQXV
    to convey that your sarcasm console is always active.

btw - Could you explain your avatar? I don't get it. No, seriously. I don't get it.

On the plus side...

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/06/08/6813381-watching-jon-stewart-might-make-you-more-creative[url="http://"][/url]

It's a story about how hearing sarcastic remarks might make you more creative.
    This was a fun thread. I'll be a shame to see it drop away.
    72a6a1cabfacb79f1eb44ae41aa2317d.jpg
  • lindy#9151 lindy Posts: 3 Arc User
    Any word about Arc Daily Quest? how soon will they be brought back?
  • crownmancrownman Posts: 10 Arc User
    ANY word, ANYWHERE, on WHEN Arc Quest's will be Returning?????