test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undeserved Banned Account. Any Advise?

arkain7tharkain7th Posts: 13 Arc User
edited September 2014 in APB Reloaded
Two years ago I played APB Reloaded and I put my attack button to my mouse wheel (they let you do that in the keybind in Options). I used that for 2 days until I was banned for "hacking". Their extremely flawed program punk buster (yes I researched it after the incident. Its extremely flawed and worthless) said I was hacking and sent a message to "Gamers First" that I was hacking. Without warning,without explanation, they banned me from ALL games they sponsored (Including Fallen Earth, A game I funded and was close to the Devs with. I was actually friends with two of them but they told me they couldn't help me because Gamers First actually put Gamers Last when it came to money.) To make matters worse, neither the Punk Buster support or the Gamers First Support would ever hear me out. PB told me to contact Gamers First and Gamers First would not even accept ANY of my support tickets or emails. They literally automatically banned me without even investigating if the ban was legit or not. This has bothered me for so long and has made me want to just give up completely. But I want to know what you all think. Is it really worth it to pursue this or not? I don't really care for APB Reloaded, its a doomed game. But Fallen Earth had so much potential and I actually put money into that one. Please help me with this.

Comments

• you wonder if its worth pursuing, but you say you really don't care for APB...I think you just answered it yourself.
  • arkain7tharkain7th Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    read it carefully. I said I don't care for APB I care for Fallen Earth. The same company that manages APB Manages Fallen even though both games have completely different developers and publishers. They banned me from Fallen Earth for something they thought I did in APB. Thats what is so messed up about this besides the fact they THOUGHT I was hacking when all I did was use their own option to change my keybindings.
  • PB doesn't ban for macros. It does ban for blacklisted botting software that happens to contain macro functions, though. Regardless, if you want to dispute your ban, you have to submit a ticket at support.gamersfirst.com
  • sorry i don't know how to read
    PB doesn't ban for macros. It does ban for blacklisted botting software that happens to contain macro functions, though. Regardless, if you want to dispute your ban, you have to submit a ticket at support.gamersfirst.com
    I already said they would not accept any of my support tickets. I already tried to dispute my ban but they would not even hear from me. Something about not making any contact with players who have been banned. And I wasn't using any bots. The only macro I used was their own built in system to change my keybinding to make it easier to fire. Yet for some reason PB thought I was botting. PB has a notoriously bad reputation for giving false reading. Thats why not many games use it.
  • http://puu.sh/bLsGu/b01f92a7a2.png

it scans your computer for certain things. it wouldn't have cared if you used your mousewheel to fire your weapons.
  • PB can do a "game wide" ban- meaning any game protected by PB you will not be able to play if you get banned in another game protected by PB.  Same goes if you get vac banned- Steams VAC will ban you from all VAC protected games.  It does not matter if you did not cheat in FE, G1 can just ban you across all games they own. 

That said- Bans are hard to contest-and if you were PB banned- G1 will send you to PB, because it was not them that placed the ban, but Even Balance.
    The NightStalkers
    GamersFirst Forum Mod|San Paro City Council|San Paro City Tester|San Paro City Mentor
    Game Questions?  Ask me for help!
    i went to Even Balance. They told me to go to Gamers First and then Gamers First ignored me. Thats why I am asking for help.
    abcedra said:
    http://puu.sh/bLsGu/b01f92a7a2.png

it scans your computer for certain things. it wouldn't have cared if you used your mousewheel to fire your weapons.
    I didn't have anything on my computer that I could get banned for, thats the thing. No bots or cheats for other games. Nothing at all. What could it have seen that it would think I was botting?
    nsgjdawg said:
    PB can do a "game wide" ban- meaning any game protected by PB you will not be able to play if you get banned in another game protected by PB.  Same goes if you get vac banned- Steams VAC will ban you from all VAC protected games.  It does not matter if you did not cheat in FE, G1 can just ban you across all games they own. 

That said- Bans are hard to contest-and if you were PB banned- G1 will send you to PB, because it was not them that placed the ban, but Even Balance.
    So you are saying PB doesn't care if you are cheating or not. If it messes up it bans you from all PB games? Even so, how come I am not banned from Black Light Retribution or the Counter Strike games? Why those only those two? The major point here is that I wasn't cheating, at all. All I did was change the keybindings. If gamer's first doesn't want you to customize how you play why give you the option in the first place?
  • arkain7th said:
    nsgjdawg said:
    PB can do a "game wide" ban- meaning any game protected by PB you will not be able to play if you get banned in another game protected by PB.  Same goes if you get vac banned- Steams VAC will ban you from all VAC protected games.  It does not matter if you did not cheat in FE, G1 can just ban you across all games they own. 

So you are saying PB doesn't care if you are cheating or not. If it messes up it bans you from all PB games? Even so, how come I am not banned from Black Light Retribution or the Counter Strike games? Why those only those two? The major point here is that I wasn't cheating, at all. All I did was change the keybindings. If gamer's first doesn't want you to customize how you play why give you the option in the first place?
    that's how PB works. if it thinks the offense is serious enough, it'll ban from all "PB protected" games.

PB is also known for flagging innocent programs as a heads up.
    I know it flags innocent programs. Thats what I meant by false reports. Still, why do these people use such an extremely fault program for anti-cheating? Other game companies use far better methods that are both effectively and fool proof. This PB program is extremely bad. It bans more innocent people then people who are actually hacking. I seen people hack in PB protected games and get away with it. How do I get Gamers First to listen to me and dispute this ban? I tried using another account and they still refused to listen. They don't care if innocent players are banned.
  • continue pestering them.
  • sayvarasayvara Posts: 29
    edited September 2014
    abcedra said:
    continue pestering them.

Eh... or rather: don't.

If you want them to listen to you... you gotta be polite. You can't stomp over to them and start yelling "Hey, I was undeservedly banned you [cussword] [cussword] [cussword] people you!! Now [cussword]ing fix it!" and expect anything from it.

If you expect them to listen to you.... be polite, concise, polite, accurate in your explanation, polite, forthcoming and - last but not least: polite. 

Do note there's a major difference between being polite and groveling... and sarcasm-polite doesn't work either. 
  • abcedraabcedra Posts: 16
    edited September 2014
    i didn't encourage him to be rude.
    sayvara said:
    abcedra said:
    continue pestering them.

Eh... or rather: don't.

If you want them to listen to you... you gotta be polite. You can't stomp over to them and start yelling "Hey, I was undeservedly banned you [cussword] [cussword] [cussword] people you!! Now [cussword]ing fix it!" and expect anything from it.

If you expect them to listen to you.... be polite, concise, polite, accurate in your explanation, polite, forthcoming and - last but not least: polite. 

Do note there's a major difference between being polite and groveling... and sarcasm-polite doesn't work either. 
    I was polite to them. Especially the support agent from PB. He was the one who was rude to me. Told me that PB doesn't ban players they give the report to the company of the games and then they do the banning. But everyone else says they ban players. Well, I don't know how to contact Gamers First support honestly. I already tried two different ways and they refused to listen. So what else can I do?
  • how exactly was he being rude? he was being rude by telling you what he tells everyone else?
    Its the way he said it. The entire conversation was unpleasant. Like he wasn't even trying to help or even make suggestions.
  • shadowsofwintershadowsofwinter Posts: 1 Arc User
    I was thinking of giving this game a try but after reading this I'm not so sure its kinda scary.
  • Nothing scary about it once you realize all botters lie. Most will even try to blame innocent things like "I *only* used my mouse's built in macro" or "I *only* ran GameBooster which people said was safe" knowing full well it was the bot software they were running that got them banned.

If you want to read something a lot less scary and a lot more promising, try this: https://twitter.com/gameblocks

• ADVICE DONT BE A SCRUB AND CHEAT...
    sidet4956 said:

ADVICE DONT BE A SCRUB AND CHEAT...

I wasn't cheating, moron. And I am NOT a scrub.

I checked back on this topic after a year because I wanted to see if anyone had anything useful to stay but apperantly there were only morons and trolls responding who don't know anything about what happened and what gamersfirst is doing, idiots who didnt even take the time to actually google gamersfirst bans to see that I am telling the truth. go to steam look at the forums, countless players are complaining about being banned, even twitch streamers and youtubers have posted evidence of being banned unjustly. learn to read.

• sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    Wow, necro'ed your own thread a year after it died.

I am actually surprised that this thread was never closed since discussing bans is a violation of forum rules.

If you have an issue, contact the support team. No one one the forums can help you.
    P.S. As stated previously, auto-click or key macros are a bannable offense in just about any MMO. Even though you may not think of it as cheating, that is the common practice for using it. To gain an advantage that others do not have.​​

Wow, necro'ed your own thread a year after it died.

I am actually surprised that this thread was never closed since discussing bans is a violation of forum rules.

If you have an issue, contact the support team. No one one the forums can help you.
    P.S. As stated previously, auto-click or key macros are a bannable offense in just about any MMO. Even though you may not think of it as cheating, that is the common practice for using it. To gain an advantage that others do not have.​​

thats the thing, I NEVER USED CHEATS. Macros or auto-clicks. Mouse rolling your attack button is part of the game's key binding option. If they dont want people doing that why allow it?

And I can necro whatever thread I want. Reason why I found this thread still alive was because I was researching threads on gamersfirst banning spree. Apperantly its going around again despite their claims its been fixed.
  • huskerklghuskerklg Posts: 40 Arc User
    They don't ban for keybinding. You either cheated, or or banned for behavior.

tumblr_le9gltAGwE1qdo9xvo1_500.gif