Looking for a Draft ??

Previous incarnation of this forum...I had access to Drafts of the posts I write.

Is this option BLOCKED to users now???

I just spent two hours formatting and editing a response in the STO forum and it never posted....though it kept saying: "Saved Draft". I was wondering if it shows up in the "Draft folder"....so I can recreate it and add some more stuff.

Yea, yea, "write long responses in notepad"...I already got that from the Hubby....doesn't help.

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    From the settings gear at the top, simply choose "Manage Drafts" from the drop-down menu.

It's forum-specific now since they split everything up.​​
  • where2r1
    where2r1 Posts: 32 Arc User
    I don't see "Manage Drafts" listed on the menu associated to that "gear"?
    Is that a "Moderator" thing...though I doubt seeing your own drafts would be moderator related?

Or the "enhancement" thing? Sorry, not downloading any stuff to fix forums that should work but is blocked or otherwise set up wrong.
  • where2r1
    I figured out WHY my draft did not save. It was too long!!!

Only problem is: there is no word counter saying I ran out of space on my post, it just continued to let me write it and then just dumped it.

So, what is the length of posts on these forums???

• sylenthunder
    10k I believe

I don't think the draft option is a moderator thing, or an enhancement thing. I was using it before on Vanilla. They likely broke another feature again.​​
  • where2r1
    AH HA!! My friend was able to link me to the page where I can see my drafts!!!

If you need to look at drafts go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/drafts
    Uh....that is only for Star Trek Online, though... I assume you will have to "punch in" your particular game's name there.

When I was looking at the list of drafts Vanilla had saved, I did NOT see the post that disappeared.
    It would seem that Vanilla DID something when I hit the "SEND" button. It thinks I sent the posts.
    But the posts never showed up on the forums.

I have re-written my posts, so I really do not care happened to them.
    But it should be mentioned......SOMETHING is weird.

++++++++++++

BTW, my friend who is helping me...he is still unable to sign into Vanilla Forums but has no problems signing into ARC (I talk to him on ARC mail)...and getting nowhere with Customer Service. Is Customer Service an outside hire or does PWE supervise and give them a paycheck directly? Because something is weird there, too.
  • sylenthunder
    PWE's customer support team is a small handful of college interns at the rate of about one intern per product.

Is your friend browsing the forums via Arc? that's often a mistake.
    Also, if you're using the forums.arcgames.com site, and aren't logged in, there is no method to login. you need to visit the Arc overlay site with the embedded forum to log in, then you can browse the standalone forum without the embed.​​

Categories