Knowledge Repository Forum Event

ladycrane
ladycrane Posts: 105 Community Moderator
edited September 2015 in Ether Saga Odyssey
Hear ye! Hear ye! Breaking news!

The Pokari Times reports:
A group of bandit Pyrogres burned down the Library of the Monkey King! This group of renegade fire elementals crossed the city wall between 2 and 3am last night. They broke into the library to steal a copy of "Volcano: Ashes and Flames". Unfortunately, books are flammable, and soon the whole library was in flames.
The Library of the Monkey King was an invaluable resource for both new and old adventures. We must make efforts to re-build our tomes of knowledge!

From now until Halloween, the Pokari Friends of the Library are offering a reward of an ultra-rare Nether Lutist transform card to any Pokari citizen that offers up a new Guide for the Forum.

In order to qualify for this exciting offer, your tome of knowledge must meet the following requirements and guidelines:

Topic Requirements:
  • It must be a new guide. No re-submissions of old forum guides will be accepted.
  • The topic of your guide must be useful to players trying to learn how to play the game. This can include end-game level content, but it must be something that will allow a player to improve their character.
  • Guides of just Lists will not be accepted. (lists of fashions, NPCs, drop lists, etc)
Guide Requirements:
  • It must be posted in the Knowledge Repository sub-forum.
  • It must start with an introduction: Explain your chosen topic and why it is important.
  • It must include at least 1 picture.
  • It must be in an understandable level of English.
  • You must end your submission with your server (AR/FP) and character name that you wish to receive the prize.
  • One prize per Qualifying guide. Multiple guides = multiple rewards!

Thank you for your efforts in rebuilding our base of knowledge!

~ Pokari Friends of the Library

------

NOTE: Forum Changed include a 1 hour LIMIT on editing a post. Don't post your Guide until you are finished writing it up!
Post edited by ladycrane on

Comments

• ladycrane
    edited August 2015
    Yup. Its Ugly. All formatting seems to be disabled after the forum update.

----

This event is because most of the old Guides from the old forum are so old and outdated that they are largely not worth the effort to fix and repost here. Too many missing pictures, links to things that no longer exist, old names, no longer relevant information, etc.

So, you have been given the opportunity to profit due to my laziness. Enjoy!
    Post edited by ladycrane on
  • amachan10
    amachan10 Posts: 15 Arc User
    they would b worth fixing, instead of typing out a whole new guide for a measly 50trans card lmao. I'd rather fix the old ones. now that would b worth a 50trans card
    Wheres the different color font option on editing my signature?
  • ladycrane
    Oh, it is not just a measly Transform card. It could be so much more...

• jeesby
    jeesby Posts: 22 Arc User
    Question ?
    Does it have to be one topic per guide, or can I just do a sommary ? And do several posts ?
    I don't know how the guides work, if comment activated or deactivated and stuff. We want to avoid flooding on these subjects.
  • nikolina21
    nikolina21 Posts: 62 Arc User
    Eh i might just type down some guide but i hope we'll get some bigger event soon, to be harder but also to get better award. I'd also like if we get some sale, could be on discount, or something new. Oh and, Idk when anniversary is, but i hope we get presents like we did before. Work on this please~
  • ladycrane
    edited August 2015
    Wamelon is on vacation the next two weeks. The first wave of Guide rewards will go out upon his/her return. =)

That also means there won't be any new event the next two weeks. We can still do Trivia next Friday ~ it will just be delayed rewards.

And just FYI. Part of the new forum "upgrade" is [b]limiting editing a post to 1 hour (including me)[/b]. So plan your guide out elsewhere, or don't post the guide until you are done writing it up.

I know somebody posted a guide Thursday night when the new ARC forums were having issues. There was actually 2 version of the Forums up, and everything that was posted to the other version seems to have been lost. I'm afraid I don't remember who posted it. I was busy being angry with the mess they made of the forum system.... gomen ne.
  • ladycrane
    Formatting is back. Its Html instead of BBcode though >..>
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    ladycrane wrote: »
    Nah, it's random. Sometimes it's HTML, sometimes it's BBCode. And it's really messing with the quote feature. Modding is getting interesting...
    Upgrade to hubs, step back 2 months in forum feature development.​​
  • ladycrane
    edited September 2015

ladycrane said:

Nah, it's random. Sometimes it's HTML, sometimes it's BBCode. And it's really messing with the quote feature. Modding is getting interesting...
    Upgrade to hubs, step back 2 months in forum feature development.​​

Haha, No doubt. Ya, simple html isnt set up to do quote inside quote. Closing the 1st quote closes them all. Its a mess =/
  • D-:
  • ladycrane
    I have been told that Editing is fixed!
  • julyjuly661
    julyjuly661 Posts: 2 Arc User
    lol ESO still alive?
  • nikolina21
    nikolina21 Posts: 62 Arc User
    Yea it is alive in ar server
  • chii1987
    chii1987 Posts: 1 New User