Vanilla Incoming Features/Request for Feedback

1234568»

Comments

• protogoth
    protogoth Posts: 2,260 Arc User
    eiledon wrote: »
    frtoaster wrote: »
    For some reason, the search page seems to be limited to only 10 results now. I'm seeing this with both regular and advanced search.

Yes they havent just hidden the pager controls this time - they have removed them.. sigh.

Meanwhile you can add, &page=2 or &page=3 etc to the url to get further results. not ideal but a solution.
    ​​

*facepalming all over the place*
    Fleets_Banner_2015-05-01_0950.jpg
    Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann -- Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
    Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
    ahr'Lleiset mnhei'sahe mnei. Our chief governing passion is Freedom.
    Republic Veteran!!!

I'm still female, so please stop referring to me as "he."
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    protogoth wrote: »
    For some reason, the search page seems to be limited to only 10 results now. I'm seeing this with both regular and advanced search.

Yes they havent just hidden the pager controls this time - they have removed them.. sigh.

Meanwhile you can add, &page=2 or &page=3 etc to the url to get further results. not ideal but a solution.

*facepalming all over the place*

tell me about it - i spent a good week or so working through various issues to get my autopager for search results working (vanilla has a tendency to provide empty results if you call next page too quickly!) and it now doesnt work as it used the pager controls to determine where in the search results it was and what the first/next page to load would be when you scrolled to the bottom.. i facepalmed so hard this morning i think i gave myself a black eye.
    ​​
  • khamseenair
    khamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User

Really hoping this is an error that will get fixed and not intentional. I was so glad when they added in the advanced search function, but limiting it to 10 results kind of renders it a bit pointless.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 301 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, that really needs to be fixed. onion-52.gifonion-53.gif​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • khamseenair
    Yeah, that really needs to be fixed. onion-52.gifonion-53.gif

By the power of the onion, it shall be done!!
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    Mods need the ability to merge posts/threads turned on please. normal-46.gif​​
  • protogoth
    protogoth Posts: 2,260 Arc User
    So, what exactly was done in the maintenance yesterday? I haven't seen any of the requested changes to the fora, and in fact the pages are again needing to be refreshed sometimes multiple times just to get them to load.
    Fleets_Banner_2015-05-01_0950.jpg
    Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann -- Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
    Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
    ahr'Lleiset mnhei'sahe mnei. Our chief governing passion is Freedom.
    Republic Veteran!!!

I'm still female, so please stop referring to me as "he."
  • khamseenair
    @pwlaughingtrendy Not sure if you're still watching this thread, but could you please address the issue with search results which a few of us have commented on? For some reason you guys have changed the search results to be limited to 10 items. It'd be really nice if you guys could undo that and add the ability to go through multiple pages of search results again, thanks. ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • rekurzion
    rekurzion Posts: 3 Arc User
    Improve search functionality
    1. cannot perform an advanced search without first performing a normal search
    2. once search results have been shown via a list and you choose an item on the list, then hit the back button you are presented with a random list of something that has nothing to do with your search results

Improve Readability/Usability functions
    1. from a discussion list it is no longer possible to directly view the most recent post
    2. hitting the back button is an adventure like one of your games. sometimes i go back to the forum i was on, sometimes nothing happens, sometimes i get sent to some random list of i don't know whats

Redirect old URL's
    1. many of the URL's from before the most recent update show "page not found", please redirect these to their new URL's

Lastly, do proper business analyst of current state before making changes. This way you know which features exist, which are used, which are not and which software meets your requirements. Does this take a longer time up front? Yes. Is it boring tedious work? Yes. Can you be successful without doing this? Of course not, but feel free to continue to fail until you've learned.
  • khamseenair
    rekurzion wrote: »
    Improve search functionality
    1. cannot perform an advanced search without first performing a normal search

Actually, you can perform an advanced search without doing a normal search first. Just click the magnifying glass in the search window top right and it takes you to the search page. Then you hit the drop down button to enter the advanced search parameters.

On another note, another bug which appears to only be happening on this hub (out of the three I use anyway) is that quotes don't link back to the post they were taken from.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • khamseenair
    I'd also love it if you guys could get a working forum mail system back up. Even if it only worked on a per hub basis like everything else seems to, it'd be better than not having one at all.

Reasons behind this largely being that I was just in a position where I read a post and needed to report it as it clearly violated the T+C, but the report function has been broken and kept telling me I didn't have permission to use it. I tried going to the Arc mail page to send a message to one of the Devs (our CM is on vacation) and it turns out the Arc mail system only lets you send messages to people on your friends list. So I had to resort to posting a message on the Dev's profile page with a link to the topic in the hopes that they find it.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    I'd also love it if you guys could get a working forum mail system back up. Even if it only worked on a per hub basis like everything else seems to, it'd be better than not having one at all.

Reasons behind this largely being that I was just in a position where I read a post and needed to report it as it clearly violated the T+C, but the report function has been broken and kept telling me I didn't have permission to use it. I tried going to the Arc mail page to send a message to one of the Devs (our CM is on vacation) and it turns out the Arc mail system only lets you send messages to people on your friends list. So I had to resort to posting a message on the Dev's profile page with a link to the topic in the hopes that they find it.
    Yeah, this is one of the most complete failures of the forum "upgrade".​​
  • khamseenair
    So, out of curiosity. Who are the actual admins/moderators of the Arc hub? It's getting ridiculous that the edit function has been gone for so long and we've got a mismatch of html and BBC requirements depending on which area you're posting in and it appears impossible to get any acknowledgement of these issues. Who exactly are we supposed to be contacting, because if it's the guy who started this thread then he hasn't even been on in a week and a half. ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 301 Community Moderator
    There is no moderator. I'm not sure who is in charge of this specific subforum in terms of community management.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • alexis3603
    alexis3603 Posts: 1 Arc User
    ty very nice game i love it play everyday ty... continue with this way!!!
    Sincerly Fantozzi :)
  • fingers#6548
    fingers#6548 Posts: 2 New User
    posting so I can post elsewhere
  • jamvaru
    jamvaru Posts: 5 Arc User
    subforums ;#)
  • deloren#8731
    deloren#8731 Posts: 1 New User
    testing
  • thecrusher#6644
    thecrusher#6644 Posts: 3 Arc User
    What I'd really like to see is... well... to be able to see without experiencing enormous PAIN! Literally.

I'll explain...

I have Hereditary Tritanopia that is a form of Color Blindness mostly affecting the perception of the color blue, is a problem with the yellow iris, and can be present in both women and men. There are two variants of Tritanopia... hereditary (a.k.a. "congenital") like mine that doesn't get worse, and then there's non-congenital that is often brought on by other conditions and usually worsens.

While my condition is considered extremely rare, it's been in my family for generations. It's also worth noting various other vendors such a EA/Bioware/Origin & Glyph both have titles that support special modes for those with all varieties of color blindness in some of their titles such as TitanFall (EA) and Defiance (Glyph), so my condition is not so unheard of that people don't make accessible software or follow these types of guidelines for Web Design which brings us to the ArcGames.com forums...

usability.gov/get-involved/blog/2010/02/color-blindness.html

While the above link includes usability guidelines that the same vendors I mentioned above also follow on all their websites whether MassEffect.com, Glyph.com, EA.com, Bioware.com , etc.

...there are also ISO's (Industry (or "International" instead of "Industry" - Both terms are often used) Standards Organization sets and ANSI (American National Standards Institute) sets that can be followed as well.

ArcGames.com across the board does NOT meet any such guidelines and all anyone has to do is use a HEX Color Code checker after taking a screenshot to make that determination.

ALL of ArcGames.com is in SERIOUS NEED of a complete reformatting, and those of the Color Blind Gaming Community look forward to future changes in ArcGames.com that make it more reasonable and visible to use without that painful headache that comes with the eye strain caused by ArcGames.com's color scheme on the forums and throughout the domain.

Looking forward to such improvements in the near future.

:wink:

• adrian#3232
    adrian#3232 Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I just made a charge on Swordsman,i've made two transaction in 2 min,one was for 79,99£ and the other one was for 7,99£,i've received 2 confirmation emails but only from one transaction I get the sycee in game and that was for 7.99£,they didn't gave me the sycee for 79,99£ but they taked the money from my bank account,after that I got in touch with a support member to explain him my problem,after that he explained me why I didn't get the sycee in game,he told me that I owe them 15,66£ and that's why I didn't get my sycees in game.How can that be,how can I owe them money,what payment system do you have people,in the end I my sycees but only for 62£..............
  • expandcashmass#5687
    expandcashmass#5687 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Esta página sin duda le ayudará a encontrar todas las respuestas y trampas rápidamente. Para encontrar soluciones, basta con buscar las primeras letras. 4 imágenes 1 palabra es uno de los juegos más difíciles para sistemas Android e iOS. Con más de 50 millones de descargas, es uno de los juegos más populares de la App Store y sigue creciendo. Es un juego de palabras muy adictivo. He creado este sitio web para ayudar a los jugadores a encontrar respuestas a esta aplicación más rápido. Al igual que tú, yo buscaba soluciones buenas y rápidas. Desgraciadamente, no los recibí como esperaba. Mi misión es darle las mejores respuestas en el menor tiempo posible. Encontrará las respuestas no sólo como una solución de imagen, sino también como una solución de texto. Buena suerte y diversión con este juego. Y recuerde: ¡Sólo si ya no lo sabe, busque las soluciones!
    Post edited by expandcashmass#5687 on
  • expandcashmass#5687
    expandcashmass#5687 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Luego descarga la aplicación de iTunes o la App Store de Android. Gratis para ti Mire también feliz con los fabricantes de la aplicación: Lotum. 4-fotos-1-palabra Any Videos for Games Chick this vides
    Post edited by expandcashmass#5687 on
  • drguyks
    drguyks Posts: 1 New User
    it would be nice if we could somehow integrate better with tablets and smartphones. I can no longer log in via smartphone (android user here) and I hate lugging out my laptop. I used to be able to do this, but now I no longer can log in via smartphone.
  • lucajimes4#8228
    lucajimes4#8228 Posts: 1 New User
    www.obtenerlicenciadeconducir.com

Categories