test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

testing, bug-hunting, and finding exploits

Comments

• dblazen1dblazen1 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Oh god please no, now everyone can start spamming her for server status during freaking maintenance again tiger-18.gif

@asterelle Can't you just make her post the image nrglg made in her first comment of a maintenance discussion thread? tiger-18.gif​​
  • asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    @sweetiebot2 can I summon you by mentioning you?
    It's like her notifications are totally broken. i don't get it.
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    does anyone know a holodeck status url? im not looking for widget; i need an actual url, like holodeck.crypticstudios.com or whatnot, or an ip address for holodeck.

edit: it took longer to conduct a fruitless search than it did to simply scrape launcher.startrekonline.com/launcher_server_status.

http://gotvirtual.net/dynamic/sto/stoStatus.php returns an empty div with either the class sto-up or sto-down depending on the status indicated in the launcher status.​​
    Post edited by tehbubbaloo on
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    Browsing the forums today is like trying to swim in honey.​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • ovenusarmanioovenusarmanio Posts: 301 Community Moderator
    Browsing the forums today is like trying to swim in honey.

onion-15.gifNo Kidding.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    does anyone know a holodeck status url? im not looking for widget; i need an actual url, like holodeck.crypticstudios.com or whatnot, or an ip address for holodeck.

edit: it took longer to conduct a fruitless search than it did to simply scrape launcher.startrekonline.com/launcher_server_status.

http://gotvirtual.net/dynamic/sto/stoStatus.php returns an empty div with either the class sto-up or sto-down depending on the status indicated in the launcher status.

same result almost but different method, I have been using a greasemonkey script locally to do the same thing and display the status or CO/STO and NW at the top of the forums. Essentially i am using the same method as the patchers do.

crypticstatus_zpsufdzsquo.jpg~original

Code:
    // ==UserScript==
    // @name        Cryptic Game Status
    // @namespace   Eiledon
    // @include     http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/*
    // @version     1
    // @grant       none
    // ==/UserScript==

var _refresh = 10; //no of minutes between checking server status

var _games = ["CO","STO","NW"] ;

var _Status_Block = '<div class="Server_Block">{game}:<div id="{game}_status" class="Server_Status" data-status="up" data-up="Up" data-down="Down"></div></div>';

var _css = ".Game_Status_Block {	float:right; margin-top: 8px;	margin-right:15px; padding:0px; border:1px solid #444; }"; 
    _css += ".Server_Block {	padding:2px; float: left;}";           
    _css += ".Server_Status {	padding: 0; display: none;	height: 12px;	width: 9px;	background: url('http://launcher.champions-online.com/static/all/img/server_status.png') no-repeat;	white-space: nowrap;}";
    _css += ".Server_Status[data-status=up]    { display: inline-block; background-position:  -0px 3px; }";
    _css += ".Server_Status[data-status=down]  { display: inline-block; background-position: -18px 3px; }";

// insert code generates css style to head
    var addCSS = function(){ $("<style type='text/css'>" + _css + " </style>").appendTo("head") ; };

function set_server_status(_game,_status)
    {
    	// Can be "up" or "down".
    	$('#' + _game + '_status').attr('data-status', _status) ;
            console.log(_game + ': ' + _status) ;
    }

function update_server_status(_game)
    {
      if (_game.length > 0) {
        _game = _game.toUpperCase();
        if (_game == 'STO') { var _url = "http://launcher.startrekonline.com/launcher_server_status"; }
        if (_game == 'CO') { var _url = "http://launcher.champions-online.com/launcher_server_status"; }
        if (_game == 'NW') { var _url = "http://launcher.playneverwinter.com/launcher_server_status"; }

var yql = 'http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=' + encodeURIComponent('select * from html where url="' + _url + '"') ;
        $.getJSON(yql, function(data){
          set_server_status(_game, results.body) ;
        }) ; 

//use cors proxy to scrape server status (cross domain) - currently down
        /*$.getJSON("http://alloworigin.com/get?url=" + encodeURIComponent(_url) + "&callback=?", function(data){
          set_server_status(_game, data.contents) ;
        }) ;  */    
      }
    }

function check_servers(){
    $.each( _games, function( index, value ){ update_server_status(value); }) ;
    }

function add_game_block(){
      if ($(".SiteSearch").length){
        $('.Game_Status_Block').remove();
        var $gameblock = $('<div class="Game_Status_Block"></div>') ;
        $.each( _games, function( index, value ){
          $gameblock.append(_Status_Block.replace('{game}', value)) ;
        });
        $gameblock.insertAfter($(".SiteSearch").first()) ;
      }
    }

$( document ).ready(function() {
      //initialise plug in
      addCSS();
      add_game_block() ;
      check_servers() ;
      var server_interval = window.setInterval(check_servers, 60 * 1000 * _refresh) ;
    	$(window).unload(function() { window.clearInterval(server_interval) ; }) ;
    }) ;

​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
    Neat.
    TIL about alloworigin.com
    It seems to be down but looks like it has alternatives that are up in whateverorigin.org and alloworigin.com
    Those can be used as a substitute for the yahoo proxy if it becomes necessary.
    ​​
    Yeah just noticed it was down - does say on his github that it's a bit flakey as its just a test server.

meantime reverted to yahoo also. so edited the above code ;D

​​
    0.4.8 of discussion manager has some minor styling fixes on the newest paging buttons/pause buttons - styling them to match the pager buttons on all pages but the discussions list.

I haven't seen any further issues with search skipping pages so I think it's probably ready to integrate into the main enhancement whenever you like @asterelle
    ​​
    eiledon wrote: »

http://gotvirtual.net/dynamic/sto/stoStatus.php returns an empty div with either the class sto-up or sto-down depending on the status indicated in the launcher status.

same result almost but different method, I have been using a greasemonkey script locally to do the same thing and display the status or CO/STO and NW at the top of the forums. Essentially i am using the same method as the patchers do.

thats pretty slick. i can see it being pretty useful when i am here spamming up the board waiting for weekly maint to end.​​
    edited August 2015
    0.4.8 of discussion manager has some minor styling fixes on the newest paging buttons/pause buttons - styling them to match the pager buttons on all pages but the discussions list.

I haven't seen any further issues with search skipping pages so I think it's probably ready to integrate into the main enhancement whenever you like @asterelle
    I've been meaning to tackle it but have actually been distracted by some game issues. PWI had a massive server merge for the first time and things have been more hectic than they have been in years.

As for integrating it, I intend to look at the following UI changes:
    - adjust the positioning of the filter settings icon to be left of the settings cog (cog settings needs to be right most element, might have to be done in the way I build it in the main code)
    - look at making the filter settings resemble the other sections more,
    - maybe make the pager buttons disappear in scrolling cases where they would have no effect
    - use the arc loading icon for autopaging progress.gif

Maybe you can do that third one. Basically if you are at the top of the page there's no reason to show the up scroll button and vice versa.

Also I can't really tell what "Read (New)" is supposed to mean. Is participation even a dimension anymore? I'll have to think about adjusting the wording here.
    ​​
    Read/Participated Thread with New Posts - if you use the colorful css there are highlighted differently. I do find it useful when the board throws up hundreds of new posts to only see those I have participated in which have new ones, then I can read/react to those first. ​​
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    Ran into an issue with the "Flag" bubble.
    Seems like it gets hidden/covered, and I'm not able to click the "Report" button.
    Flag%20overlay.png~original
    Here's my settings.
    Options%20selected.png~original
    Using Chrome​​
    Seems like it gets hidden/covered, and I'm not able to click the "Report" button.
    Here's my settings.
    Using Chrome

What are your theme settings? As I'm seeing the flag button ok in Chrome so it may be a theme related issue or a mismatch of theme plus addons causing the issue.
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Here's my settings.
    Using Chrome

What are your theme settings? As I'm seeing the flag button ok in Chrome so it may be a theme related issue or a mismatch of theme plus addons causing the issue.

Pro Red, and Better posts 1 is selected there.​​
    asterelle wrote: »

- maybe make the pager buttons disappear in scrolling cases where they would have no effect
    - use the arc loading icon for autopaging progress.gif

Maybe you can do that third one. Basically if you are at the top of the page there's no reason to show the up scroll button and vice versa.

scroll to top/bottom autohiding when page at bottom/top - done
    arc loading icon - done - although I have used an embedded img tag - might want to change that to a styled background on the relevant div so that people can more easily change it in themes should they want to.

Version 0.4.9 up.
    ​​
  • nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    @sylenthunder That's a problem with my theme. I haven't gotten around to fixing it for a variety of reasons, some of which is that after massive file corruption, recovery attempt, and reinstallation, I've been a bit busy with client computers and business hodgepodge. I'll attempt to get around to it and several other things this weekend assuming nothing comes up. tiger-9.gif​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    nrglg wrote: »
    @sylenthunder That's a problem with my theme. I haven't gotten around to fixing it for a variety of reasons, some of which is that after massive file corruption, recovery attempt, and reinstallation, I've been a bit busy with client computers and business hodgepodge. I'll attempt to get around to it and several other things this weekend assuming nothing comes up. tiger-9.gif

Not a problem. =) Sitting and poking with this theme is one of the things on my to-do list as well. right along side upgrading the gear on a few characters, taking on new systems at work, modifying code on the two servers I host, and a few other things people think are important in RL. (Ya know, cleaning, yardwork, ect.)

Sadly, I have a lot of free time at work occasionally, but lack the access to the data and tools that I have at home.​​
    PWE Game Server Status Add-In
    pwe_game_server_status.jpg?raw=true

Well I put a little bit of extra work into the code I posted earlier in the week and have produced a new greasemonkey add-in to display the game/server status of PWE titles. It currently handles Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Neverwinter, Perfect World International, Jade Dynasty, Forsaken World, Battle of the Immortals and War of the Immortals. These were the pages I was able to find status pages which I could scrape into one user interface.

Install Link: https://github.com/Eiledon/PWEVC/raw/master/PWE_Game_Server_Status.user.js
    (Needs Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey or equivalent)

After the page load the panel will be displayed at the top of the page, and then it will be automatically refreshed every 5 minutes. Hovering over a game's initials will display further details of any live server(s) which are available. Key: Green Light - Servers Up, Red Light - Servers Down, Amber Light - Some of the Servers are down/some are up.
    ​​
    PWE Game Server Status Add-In

Well I put a little bit of extra work into the code I posted earlier in the week and have produced a new greasemonkey add-in to display the game/server status of PWE titles. It currently handles Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Neverwinter, Perfect World International, Jade Dynasty, Forsaken World, Battle of the Immortals and War of the Immortals. These were the pages I was able to find status pages which I could scrape into one user interface.

Install Link: https://github.com/Eiledon/PWEVC/raw/master/PWE_Game_Server_Status.user.js
    (Needs Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey or equivalent)

After the page load the panel will be displayed at the top of the page, and then it will be automatically refreshed every 5 minutes. Hovering over a game's initials will display further details of any live server(s) which are available. Key: Green Light - Servers Up, Red Light - Servers Down, Amber Light - Some of the Servers are down/some are up.

Very nice man. I've added that to my collection of scripts for the site haha. :)
    ​​
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    That's really cool and a good use of YQL scraping. I didn't realize those old status pages were still functional considering how the servers have changed since those pages were last used. I do find the flashing lights on page load a little distracting though. Maybe the previous value should be cached for the initial state.

Also I'm not sure if the official PWI status ever worked for unexpected downtime. Maybe the other games were better about that.
    ​​
    thanks - yeah i was surprised the pages were still there too. it was actually handy that they recently did the pwi server merges as the pwi page listed the old closed servers along with the new/renamed ones - this allowed me to check what happens when some servers are 'down' and some are 'up' and handle it.

If unexpected downtime isn't reflected in these pages then really are no worse off than pre-arc days and this is just reinstating that missing status. Perhaps you could have sweetiebot output a file based on your current method of checking server status? a simple json file with Coast > Server > up/down status etc. Could then use that to populate this if the current method proves to be less than useful ;D

I will look at prechecking the status before making the whole shebang visible to remove the flashing, however it is nice to see that it is doing something - my original code had a glaring hole i didnt notice while it looked like it was working was failing silently.. dino3-21.gif
  • nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    Perhaps you could have sweetiebot output a file based on your current method of checking server status? a simple json file with Coast > Server > up/down status etc. Could then use that to populate this if the current method proves to be less than useful ;D

In order to check if the game is available, you have to open a socket up to port 29000 on the servers and check if it returns data a length greater than 1 that isn't null.

If you want something, this has the current status updated every minute: http://status.nrgs.org/games/pings.json
    It is linked by http://status.nrgs.org/services.min.json
    The "-TF" is a -1 or 1 value in pings.json represents whether or not it could establish a connection to the game. The other value is the ping time which does not represent whether or not the game is down. TIMESTAMP is the unix timestamp at the time the check was done.​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    edited August 2015
    interesting. the enhancement seems to have vanished.​​ the chosen theme continues to be used, although the gear icon and the status titles and whatnot are now gone.

it also seems to only happen in this thread???
    I noticed that bub, if you check out the enhancement discussion thread, nrg posted a fix that seemed to resolve it - seems to be related to custom titles​​
  • blauzahn64blauzahn64 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    test test
    To avoid ruining the finale for those who have not had a chance to see it, you can use the spoiler tag.
    Moved Game Panel up to Version 1.0 and general release http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1199954

This is a complete rewrite of how I was creating the panel and has saved settings added to it only shows the games you select. Also if anyone has been adding styling via themes you will probably have to redo it (if needed - I made the font on the link text slightly larger for visibility)
    ​​
    Nice one man. I'll take a look shortly and alter my CSS edits for the new version.
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Version 0.7 of the Server Status Add-in now available : https://github.com/Eiledon/PWEVC/raw/master/PWE_Game_Server_Status.user.js

pwe_game_server_status.gif

Changes:
    User Preference - Game Selection : Choose which game's server details you wish to see (click on the heart icon to access). Values stored in localstorage between sessions
    Revised Styling on hover elements / game panels
    Moved hardcoded Game details to external JSON file for easier updating of game logos etc
    General streamlining of code
    ​​
    I knew that hear icon wasn't there yesterday! Thanks for that addition, it's handy being able to get rid of the games I don't play.
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg