Debating returning to game, need some input.

victoryseeker
victoryseeker Posts: 22 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Okay so, I've been gone for quite a long time, gave up on this game a long time ago. From what I've heard, both servers are fairly inactive, GM's rarely do anything, event times are off, etc. Anyway, I'm just wondering if it's honestly worth my time to come back. I really enjoyed the game back in the day, and was hoping to bring my girlfriend along with me in rejoining. Anyway, a few other questions!
One, what's the new gear like? Is Genesis/DL115 still the "top" tier gear? What is the level cap now?
Also, I saw that there was a maint today. That's pretty encouraging, and about the only reason I decided I might come back. What are your thoughts on that?
Post edited by ladycrane on

Comments

• ladycrane
    ladycrane Posts: 105 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    They are doing Maint, as we speak (the servers are down), to fix the time.

If you play FP....its dead. AR still has people. There has been a fairly steady (though small) stream of new players and returners from the old days, like yourself.

There is 130 gear called Awakened. I believe there is a 150 set, but I think its just an upgrade of Awakened (sorta like 100 dL -> 115 DL). 150 is cap.

Its alot easier to level with all the dailies, even after 130. My only advice is to login, see if you can find some ppl and see if you get into it again.
  • nikolina21
    nikolina21 Posts: 62 Arc User
    Thing that will keep you playing it are friends over there, join an alli and you won't have to question yourself if you wanna quit or not.
    I've been playing eso for so long and i am really surprised that we're having maint so there's no way i will quit now when i see that there is still GM who can take care of the game. I just hope that GM will give us more, like some events, sales, old/new fashions... Not right now but after some days. I just don't want to get this maint and then wait another 6+ months for another one
  • ladycrane
    edited July 2015
    Exactly right. I play because of all the other stubborn players that keep playing or keep coming back. haha
  • bobywendy
    bobywendy Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have just started playing again. I thougth that I should play on the east coast server because I live on the east side of Canada. I just spent some money for a mount and stuff. You now tell me the server is dead. What is going to happen to this server?
  • ladycrane
    edited July 2015
    bobywendy wrote: »
    I have just started playing again. I thougth that I should play on the east coast server because I live on the east side of Canada. I just spent some money for a mount and stuff. You now tell me the server is dead. What is going to happen to this server?

Probably nothing. They cannot be merged together. You can actually be on both servers at the same, with the same account, with characters with the same name. They are not connected in any way.

• bobywendy
    Does that mean I can use the same Character on both servers?
  • ladycrane
    Nope. The Servers are not connected. You can use the same name on both servers. But it will be different character.
  • bobywendy
    Thank you for info.
  • cookiepaladinpt
    cookiepaladinpt Posts: 1 New User
    Who the hell said FP is dead? There is still people playing, along with people who started too.
  • nikolina21
    nikolina21 Posts: 62 Arc User
    Ppl sometimes say that AR is dead so compared to this server FP seems more dead to them I guess. I didn't check fp for so long so i wouldn't know
  • fudoki
    fudoki Posts: 4 Arc User
    i play both servers. AR is waaaaayyyyyyyyy more active than FP, but its still fun to play. i guess it might depend on what time you login. maybe theres a lot of people playing when i'm not. lol as far as tw times though, you can at least expect pvp on AR. XD maybe with the new forums, more people will start to play again on both servers.
  • victoryseeker
    victoryseeker Posts: 22 Arc User
    I already came back xD Working on getting my dl100 set atm!

Categories