Confusing Notification

I've just recieved a Notification that reads "Congratulations! You've been promoted to Level 1!" with no explanation of what it's talking about - 'Level 1' of what? Why? How? There's no help page or FAQ for these new forums to answer these kind of questions. I don't know if you'd call that a 'bug', but I would definitely consider it a flaw...

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    I've just recieved a Notification that reads "Congratulations! You've been promoted to Level 1!" with no explanation of what it's talking about - 'Level 1' of what? Why? How? There's no help page or FAQ for these new forums to answer these kind of questions. I don't know if you'd call that a 'bug', but I would definitely consider it a flaw...

They activated the level system of the forums, and since then have changed all regular registered users to Arc Users.

You simply got the first wave, before they edited the name.
  • bejaymac
    bejaymac Posts: 17 Arc User
    Wait until the anti-ARC crowd see this, there's going to be a few "I'm not an ARC User" threadstiger-2.gif
  • flyingfinn
    flyingfinn Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    I'm not an ARC User.
    Vanguard, thank you very much.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • frtoaster
    frtoaster Posts: 2,566 Arc User
    I still received these notifications, even though I specifically unchecked every single option under "Notification Preferences". And there is no way to delete the notifications either.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 66 Arc User
    I wonder if there will be some form of forum leveling system.
    Siggy_zpsfwkxyvk2.gif
    www.YouTube.com/Kniraven
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 301 Community Moderator
    So far it looks like they are using it to get titles to people, mostly.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I still received these notifications, even though I specifically unchecked every single option under "Notification Preferences". And there is no way to delete the notifications either.

My assumption is that these are a system notification that can't actually be disabled much like how several of PWE's games have a permanently enabled system chat.
    (Insert fancy image here)

Categories