Login Problem

Options
I can't login to the new forums with my regular account. When I click a login link iot takes me to the arc loginpage, which then redirects me to the arc homepage. after I found my way back to the forums this is what I see:
forum-bug.png

I tried relogging, different browsers, accounts and computers. I even tried a diffrent IP-address using VPN. The only way I got in was by registering a new account.
This is a new account I had to create, because the old one does not work with the new forums. :/

Comments

• tfcz
    tfcz Posts: 20
    Options
    Update: I just logged out and back in. The new account still works. The regular one still doesn't.
    This is a new account I had to create, because the old one does not work with the new forums. :/
  • suricatta
    suricatta Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    A walk around that can help. Login on the Arc page then navigate to a game that was already on Vanilla, like Swordsman, then use the link the the forums from there, you should remain logged in.
  • tfcz
    tfcz Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately your suggestion did not work for me.
  • calculatorz
    Options
    I also am unable to login onto the forums on my main account. it is bloody ridiculous that they decided moving to a poorer host was the right move and it is even worse that they can't actually move a forum over without screwing it up so bad that what i bet is a large number of their old forum users can't even sign into the forums anymore
  • zalisk
    zalisk Posts: 1
    Options
    I am having the same problem as those above trying to log in to the forums with my main Arc account.
  • darthlambo
    Options
    login is broken had to make a whole new account
  • jcsww
    jcsww Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    Options
    I mentioned this in the Vanilla feedback thread as well. The sooner they address this, the better!
    Reminder: Put something here!
  • mickdanger55
    Options
    I'm having the exact same issue with my real account. I too had to create and alternate just to access the forums. This is my Question Reference #150619-000604 to the issue so it can be confirmed.
  • angrytarg
    angrytarg Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    I am unable to login using the perfectworld.vanillaforums URL. I am forced to login through the arcgames page, otherwise the forum won't recognize me.
    <center>223.gif</center>
    <center>"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh</center>
    <center>Vanilla is nice... we're talking about ice cream, right? ...
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • jcsww
    edited June 2015
    Options
    According to the forum migration thread, this issue should be resolved. If you find that you still can't login with your account. Please post your @handle in the following thread.

Edit: @pwlaughingtrendy's post where you should post if you still can't login.
  • leadme2kirk
    leadme2kirk Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    Options
    I'm still having problems with getting the scripting to run right in Firefox. The site also tells me that I am not allowing cookies, when I am.
  • murphysgesetz
    murphysgesetz Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    I can confirm. The issue has been resolved. :)
  • jcsww
    Options
    I'm still having problems with getting the scripting to run right in Firefox. The site also tells me that I am not allowing cookies, when I am.

Are you allowing third party cookies? That is more than likely your issue.
  • zbzzn
    zbzzn Posts: 199 Arc User
    Options

Same here, Firefox is still rejecting the connection with the following error:
    Secure Connection Failed
    • An error occurred during a connection to www.arcgames.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)
    • The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
      Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

According to Mozilla, this is due to the site using SSL (an outdated and insecure crypto protocol) rather than TLS. I have tried temporarily allowing third-party cookies, introducing yet another security issue, with no change in result.

I have also tried logging on under Chromium, which has relaxed security compared to Firefox, and that gets me further. I can see the login prompt, enter my name/password and it looks like I'm logged on, however when I visit forum threads, it seems to think I am not logged on and tells me "You don't have permission to do that" whenever I try to post. Adding both [*.]arcgames.com and [*.]vanillaforums.com to my cookie exceptions seems to make it work.

Categories