test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another Test (Don't mind me again)

nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Suggestions
La la la la la

Testing things...hey, can we get a testing category Admins? I would appreciate it. It feels weird to keep adding non-suggestions into the suggestion category.

------
Test A) Failed - don't mind what it was
Test B) Succeeded

Test B was to see if after moving the post from the thread I dropped to the bottom, whether or not it would stay and not resurface. This in fact succeeded. The thread I dropped to the bottom is still at the bottom. Very interesting.

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
(Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups

Best Answer

• xtern1tyxtern1ty Posts: 864 Arc User
    Accepted Answer
    orici1701 wrote: »
    nrglg wrote: »
    5/6/15 - TESTING POST THREAD MOVEMENT (AKA, DON'T MIND WHAT I'M DOING!)

Note to everyone: Please don't post on this thread. It is a PoC that I need to stay in place for the devs. Ask your questions to me at this link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/7895/testing

no one cares that ur just boosting ur post count with spam and nothing but spam lol

@orici1701,

1: nrglg is a tester here and has been since before you arrived.
    2: Presumptions like yours are not helpful and constitute flaming.

@nrglg o/
    [img][/img]hcSfM9O.gif

Answers

• nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Note to everyone: Please don't post on this thread. It is a PoC that I need to stay in place for the devs. Ask your questions to me at this link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/7895/testing
    Post edited by nrglg on

• orici1701orici1701 Posts: 201 Arc User

no one cares that ur just boosting ur post count with spam and nothing but spam lol

edited June 2015
    No...you weren't here when I did this test. I proved that I could move posts from thread-to-thread and could cause threads to sink to the bottom of forum categories. Thanks for ruining my PoC, jackass. Hard enough to get PWE to attempt to fix things without morons like you ruining the examples I made for them.

Edit: Also, who gives a shit about post count? It's a number. So fucking what? Sorry, I'm not a 10 year old. I don't find high post count to be a cool thing.

No...you weren't here when I did this test. I proved that I could move posts from thread-to-thread and could cause threads to sink to the bottom of forum categories. Thanks for ruining my PoC, jackass. Hard enough to get PWE to attempt to fix things without morons like you ruining the examples I made for them.

Edit: Also, who gives a shit about post count? It's a number. So fucking what? Sorry, I'm not a 10 year old. I don't find high post count to be a cool thing.

lol who cares and language child and for the record child i was so back off. and why getting angry? if u didnt then you would be a adult but as u did your just a child so go to bed its past your bed time and let the adults test you just play

edited June 2015
    lol who cares and language child and for the record child i was so back off. and why getting angry? if u didnt then you would be a adult but as u did your just a child so go to bed its past your bed time and let the adults test you just play

Yes, because the supposed "curse" words constitute a definition for ones age. Yeah, real smart. Just so you know, I was previously a security researcher and am still also a programmer. Along with Aster (and a handful of others), we found numerous exploits and posted how to replicate them so they could be fixed here.

To answer why I'm angry: It's because you ruined my test. Your post here ruined my PoC (proof-of-concept). Maybe you didn't realize it, but your one post ruined it. So I have every right to be pissed off. This thread has already been ruined, so no point in not posting here now. Before you posted though, there was a very good reason NOT to post. I even asked for you not to post. So yeah, you are a jackass. Why don't you read what is written next time.
    Post edited by nrglg on

• opkossyopkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Wellp. This went south fast all because one clueless person decided to be a troll. Hooray for Vanilla!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • cococyacococya Posts: 230 Arc User

Come on, we had enough stupid trolls on our old PWI forums, now we have to deal with the nasty excuses for humans from other communities too, like the specimen I just quoted.
    ladybeard-crossdressing-wrestler-death-metal-singer-05.jpg
    soo much hate from you all, all of you need to take a chill pill and shhhhh little people as i dont care what you think!
  • comrademococomrademoco Posts: 592 Arc User
    Wow an actual legit test ruined by someone who thought it was spam...
    edited June 2015
    soo much hate from you all, all of you need to take a chill pill and shhhhh little people as i dont care what you think!

Good for you. Just like you don't care what we think, we don't care what you think. Also, even you if you don't care, you may want to read this. People who talk about getting "soo much hate", are just people who have issues taking responsibility. Grow up a bit and accept that you did ruin a test, apologize if willing, and then move passed it. Don't blame others for how they feel about what you did and then tell them to take a "chill pill" attached with an attempt at an insult.
    Post edited by nrglg on

• krittycatkrittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator

Good for you. Just like you don't care what we think, we don't care what you think. Also, even you if you don't care, you may want to read this. People who talk about getting "soo much hate", are just people who have issues taking responsibility. Grow up a bit and accept that you did ruin a test, apologize if willing, and then move passed it. Don't blame others for how they feel about what you did and then tell them to take a "chill pill" attached with an attempt at an insult.

I find it funny - all those people saying "I don't care", but yet they cared enough to come in, read the posts, and then post that they didn't care.

Maybe, just maybe, they actually DO care! :smiley:
    I think care is being used in the definition of "dislike." Such as "I don't care for their service." You are saying you dislike a service. In this case it could be said you "don't care" what someone thinks, meaning you "dislike" what someone thinks. Obviously no one here "doesn't care." If we didn't, absolutely no one would be posting.

• krittycatkrittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    I think care is being used in the definition of "dislike." Such as "I don't care for their service." You are saying you dislike a service. In this case it could be said you "don't care" what someone thinks, meaning you "dislike" what someone thinks. Obviously no one here "doesn't care." If we didn't, absolutely no one would be posting.

I know what you're saying, but the way it's being used doesn't fit that definition... Unless you take into account the improper grammar employed by troll-posters on the internet today.

Then everything makes sense.
  • opkossyopkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    krittycat wrote: »

I know what you're saying, but the way it's being used doesn't fit that definition... Unless you take into account the improper grammar employed by troll-posters on the internet today.

I'm sure the improper grammar will eventually be considered legitimate due to overuse. IE: Literally. bear-5.gif
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    opkossy wrote: »

I'm sure the improper grammar will eventually be considered legitimate due to overuse. IE: Literally. bear-5.gif

Like Weird Al (see "Word Crimes"), I cringe when that happens. Especially the thing about "less" and "fewer," which I now hear in commercials just about everywhere.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    I know what you're saying, but the way it's being used doesn't fit that definition...

Language is defined by humans. When a collective uses a phrase to mean something other than it means on a large scale, then the definition/usage is altered. This has happened numerous times throughout history and will continue to do so forever on. Selfie, before becoming an "official" word, meant a picture of just yourself. Now it also stands for a group photo taken by you, which is totally different, but you accept it because it is widely used as such.

Gotta say, I enjoy all of this philosophical language rhetoric that came out of my ruined test thread. Although, I do wonder, how many of you use "lie" and "lay" incorrectly, as well as "good" and "well." I still see those used incorrectly on a large scale to the point that I believe they should have altered definitions as well.