test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Petition: Revert the forum migration

katamaster81899katamaster81899 Posts: 869 Arc User
Alright, apparently you can't even create polls on these forums. Talk about yet another key feature we no longer have.

http://micropoll.com/t/KFmP6ZVThl

vote in the poll above, and hopefully we can prove that we all don't like this merge and want the old functional forums back until they find a suitable host for new forums!
dulopa4e1d9.png
XB1 Thaumaturge PVE CW Build || NW_Legit_Community Moderator || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T

Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker

Comments

• askrayaskray Posts: 3,308 Community Moderator
    Polls are disabled on a lot of the forums, so this isn't anything new especially for me. Hell it was disabled on the STO forums >.>

However, they aren't going to revert it. This has been a long time in the works, discussions were done and what not so I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Senior Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

• revjimjonesrevjimjones Posts: 604 Arc User
    Alright, apparently you can't even create polls on these forums. Talk about yet another key feature we no longer have.

http://micropoll.com/t/KFmP6ZVThl

vote in the poll above, and hopefully we can prove that we all don't like this merge and want the old functional forums back until they find a suitable host for new forums!

Might as well get used to this wasteland.
    EXH79YQ.gif
    stuffbydavid.com/textcolorizer
    Sarcasm Font and color[ font="Trebuchet MS"][ color=#FF61F4][ /color][ /font]
  • nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There are numerous usability issues as well as bugs. They know about them and chose to not fix them in several places. So, as far as I can tell, this no poll thing is no deterrent for them.

I just wish they would put the vBulletin forums in read only mode while they are migrating the data. It's incredibly amateur to completely remove our ability to even read them.

Edit: Changed "readonly" to "read only". I've been programming way too much in the last 48 hours and readonly is a keyword I found myself using quite frequently.
    Post edited by nrglg on

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
    nrglg wrote: »
    I just wish they would put the vBulletin forums in readonly mode while they are migrating the data. It's incredibly amateur to completely remove our ability to even read them.

We can keep questioning this decision because I for one have no idea why they didn't put them in read only mode.
    Or why they didn't create a Temp Category here for people to start threads in for ease movement when the migration is complete. It's like they didn't have a plan other than:
    Step 1: Turn off Forums
    Step 2: Start Db Conversion
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Upload to Vanilla
    Step 5: Be Amazed Customers
    Step 6: Profit
    EXH79YQ.gif
  • comrademococomrademoco Posts: 592 Arc User
    I actually like these forums. Not best but meh, it works for me...

BTW... Hi askray, didn't recognize you without your previous sto avatar. :)
    I actually like these forums. Not best but meh, it works for me...

BTW... Hi askray, didn't recognize you without your previous sto avatar. :)

The name didn't give it away?! lol
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

• dareaudareau Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I just wish they would put the vBulletin forums in readonly mode while they are migrating the data. It's incredibly amateur to completely remove our ability to even read them.

We can keep questioning this decision because I for one have no idea why they didn't put them in read only mode.
    Or why they didn't create a Temp Category here for people to start threads in for ease movement when the migration is complete. It's like they didn't have a plan other than:
    Step 1: Turn off Forums
    Step 2: Start Db Conversion
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Upload to Vanilla
    Step 5: Be Amazed Customers
    Step 6: Profit

I can understand the lack of "read only" mode - people would be commenting over here on the threads over there. Big mess.

However, I can't get my head around why they haven't opened up the future section(s) for posting now, especially since we're all over the bug reporting / suggestion / complaint forums trying to make ourselves at home waiting for the migrations to migrate...
    New Forum, new attempt at complaining about ship tiers and the exclusion of two certain "iconic" hero ships from "endgame" in STO.
    Being that T5 / Fleet T5 / T5 Upgraded isn't "officially" endgame anymore (that's Fleet T6 now) can we see these excluded ships at T5 / T5.5 / T5U11...
    Note, these ships have no letters after the dash in their registry numbers, whether it was 01 or 1701...
  • gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    However, I can't get my head around why they haven't opened up the future section(s) for posting now, especially since we're all over the bug reporting / suggestion / complaint forums trying to make ourselves at home waiting for the migrations to migrate...

My suspicion is that if we posted in those subforums, it would do something bad when the data imports, trying to reconcile the two versions of what that subforum "should" look like. I am not sure though.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • kvetkvet Posts: 1,288 Arc User
    These forums are crapulance compared to what we're used it. Like we were flying in planes, but the rest of PWE was walking, so "upgrading" to a bicycle seems extraordinary to them, but it's a huge downgrade for us.
  • this just made it extremely hard for me to play my games. I was following guides and reading on classes for games that haven't even been transferred yet. I agree that the old forums need to at least be made read only shit I wanna be able to do things right, not fuck up and have to pay for shit that I don't need now.

Make the other forums readable for this sake
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Posts: 1,730 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    These forums are crapulance compared to what we're used it. Like we were flying in planes, but the rest of PWE was walking, so "upgrading" to a bicycle seems extraordinary to them, but it's a huge downgrade for us.

Excellent comparison...
    Atwil (TR) \ Corvus Corax (GF) \ O'siris (CW) \ Sirius (HR) -- Civil Anarchy

Love PvP, but hate the pain associated with it? Send me a PM for a solution... the OfficialPuGPvP channel is LIVE.

If you throw a big rock into a pond the ripples have an effect on everything in the water. If you throw a little rock into a pond... there is very little disruption from the ripples.
  • opkossyopkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    gulberat wrote: »
    dareau wrote: »

My suspicion is that if we posted in those subforums, it would do something bad when the data imports, trying to reconcile the two versions of what that subforum "should" look like. I am not sure though.

Only if they were trying to force the old stuff into these new ones and were clueless about how to do so. In this case, though, there's nothing that should really interfere with a simple creation of temporary categories for the old forums.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 3,694 Arc User
    That's a pretty fair comparison, even though the planes we were flying were those old, beaten jets they use in third world countries.
    opkossy wrote: »
    Only if they were trying to force the old stuff into these new ones and were clueless about how to do so. In this case, though, there's nothing that should really interfere with a simple creation of temporary categories for the old forums.

Yeah I brought this up too, Temp categories I think they prefer to have us clutter up the Bug and Suggestion forums instead gives the Mods something to do after the Migration I guess.
    EXH79YQ.gif
  • comrademococomrademoco Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    > @askray said:
    > The name didn't give it away?! lol

Nope, not at all. :D

Edit: Seems like quoting on mobile is still awry... :/
    Am I mistaken or is this thread missing from the Suggestion category, even though we can still post to it?

edited June 2015
    Am I mistaken or is this thread missing from the Suggestion category, even though we can still post to it?

I see that too--not sure why. The "annoyed" people in the Blacklight Retribution Russian subforum may be having the same issue with one of their posts.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    I wonder if PWE is actively hiding any threads that disagree with them. If this is true, it begs the question why did they leave it open to posting still...

Nope. As far as I know no threads have been deleted

• kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 3,694 Arc User
    Yeah... I noticed the same thing. I just kind of figured it was a failed attempt to "disappear" the thread.
  • rattler2rattler2 Posts: 18,477 Arc User
    Who knows...
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    I wonder if PWE is actively hiding any threads that disagree with them. If this is true, it begs the question why did they leave it open to posting still...

What worries me is the potential of an underlying problem in the data structure.

• katamaster81899katamaster81899 Posts: 869 Arc User
    Which is yet another reason to abandon ship and go back to the old forums!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    XB1 Thaumaturge PVE CW Build || NW_Legit_Community Moderator || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T

Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Posts: 15,946 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    EDIT: Nevermind, half asleep and realized these were the general ARC forums and not the NW forums. Nonetheless, it's highly doubtful that, even with a hundred petitions, they're going to revert the change. Unfortunately, not everything a business does is subject to public referendum.

Not saying that this is their best work, and there are about a half dozen things that should have been implemented before the forums went up, but they do reserve the right to present their services through whichever media or provider they deem fit.

ROLL TIDE ROLL