test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

JADE DYNASTY FORUM?

big100big100 Posts: 10 Arc User
Hello, old JD forum is gone, and now? i cant find new forum? u forgot about jD??

Comments

• nrglgnrglg Posts: 347 Arc User
    No, they said it will take up to a week for the forums to be migrated. Your confusion, among other things, is why people, such as myself, have been asking why they didn't just make the forums read-only while they were being migrated.

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • krittycatkrittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    nrglg wrote: »
    No, they said it will take up to a week for the forums to be migrated. Your confusion, among other things, is why people, such as myself, have been asking why they didn't just make the forums read-only while they were being migrated.

They do have landing pages up for each forum being migrated, and if one reads the page, it explains what's happening. The people who are coming here posting about it apparently don't want to take the time to read a simple one-page blog post about what PWE is in the process of doing. =/
  • big100big100 Posts: 10 Arc User
    why again keeps pwe failing in such easy situations? that even more embarrassing than the 200 other fails this week
    edited June 2015
    big100 wrote: »
    why again keeps pwe failing in such easy situations? that even more embarrassing than the 200 other fails this week

I don't see any particular failure in this case, other than failure to properly notify a few of the various forums. The ones that didn't get notifications are the ones that don't have permanent dedicated CMs, so it's not entirely surprising that it happened, though. Also, they did post a landing page for each forum that explains the situation, along with approximately how long it will take.

I'm not sure if the failure isn't more with those who don't understand the blog...
    duh we didnt even need this stupid new forum, they should fix their games before they work on the community presence, guess u ain't even from JD, that's why you are so optimistic?!
    duh we didnt even need this stupid new forum, they should fix their games before they work on the community presence, guess u ain't even from JD, that's why you are so optimistic?!

I can one-up you there: I'm from PWI originally. Anyway, there's no need to attack me personally for posting my opinion on the matter - it's rude, and will cause others to discount your opinion.

While I agree that work should be done on the games, that's nothing that PWE can actually take care of. They're merely the publisher - the development for the games they publish is handled by others. All PWE can do is report issues as they arise, and then wait for the developers to send them a patch with fixes.

PWE's job is the community, whether you like it or not.
  • big100 wrote: »

Yo, Im from JD originally and PWI, and you need to cool it. They are in the process of migrating still and it will take about a week. I understand the need for builds and shit, but seriously, attacking others isn't needed.
    looks like we have some really sensitive's here, well sry if you got hurted ur feelings, and btw i've never played an other game where a simple forum migration failed that way ... lolz
    btw would be nice if u show me the "personal attack" in this post LOOL
    I simply stated, I think you dont play JD because you seem very OPTIMISTIC, this MOOD gets lost if you play JD for a few month
  • askrayaskray Posts: 3,308 Community Moderator
    Okay stop. They didn't bring on any forums because migration takes a long time. I would have personally liked temp forums but meh. Who am I to tell them what to do? Hehe
    Senior Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

• rattler2rattler2 Posts: 18,477 Arc User
    Yea... you guys aren't the only ones having to wait. We Star Trek Online forumites are in the same boat. Just gotta be patient.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    yo if i was patient, i didnt bring up this thread LOL.... and now shoo shoooooo and thanks for info <3
  • rattler2rattler2 Posts: 18,477 Arc User

Ok... preview puts it a 1 minute 9 seconds instead of the 19 seconds I want... o.O
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 6,879 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    looks like we have some really sensitive's here, well sry if you got hurted ur feelings, and btw i've never played an other game where a simple forum migration failed that way ... lolz

Nothing simple about this, have you seen how many games/subsections of those forums are being moved? Yes it is really frustrating, there was a post made about this back in the old forums up in the GD section as a sticky. If you didn't take the time to read it to fully understand what was going on that is not on anyone else. So rather than attacking others for giving you the info you asked for, you could have been "thanks"

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/9222813 *in case you did miss the post
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
    they get paid for answering my stupid questions, they dont need my "thanks"
  • drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 6,879 Community Moderator
    they get paid for answering my stupid questions, they dont need my "thanks"

the ones that just answered you don't get paid, they are players just like you, they didn't have to answer, so yes the do deserve a "thanks"
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg