test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Portal-Wide Forum Migration

Comments

• repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Posts: 2,598 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Indeed, but Now this is awesome.

I can see no good reason on God's green earth not to do all further posting like this :D:D:D
    free jkname.

zsoRuFM.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Posts: 19,038 Arc User
    lan451 wrote: »
    Not being able to read the absurdity that is the STO forums with my morning coffee is my First World Problem for the day.

Over the years, things tended to repeat themselves. Heck, throughout the week and even during the day...things tended to repeat themselves.

So, I can kind of just stare at the wall above the monitors and visualize the conversations without needing to read them...
  • toivatoiva Posts: 2,606 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmm, getting rid of the Arc header also solves the problem of ending up in the middle of the page whenever I move to previous/next page in a thread.

But apparently, color in the signature is still MIA.

• jivedutchjivedutch Posts: 315 Arc User
    Not being able to read the absurdity that is the STO forums with my morning coffee is my First World Problem for the day.
    At least part of that can be solved ....
    coffee_morning.jpg

Dang i love the option to insert proper links & images on this forum ... but i do miss texty setupy styly thingies ....
    edited June 2015
    Just curious if color works in posts themselves (for me) when it doesn't in signatures (for me):
    <span style='color:#FF0000;'>Tae'Va, T'Vaya, ...</span>
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, ...

EDIT: So it does...

• gardatgardat Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, this is a thing I guess.

I'm super pleased to be here!
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Posts: 1,884 Arc User
    I think the plan is...

...after having made the NW game as annoying as hell with the last patch and the nerfes, they're trying to do a better job that with the NW forum.

N.B.: Better := even better annoyance
  • gardatgardat Posts: 268 Arc User
    Hello friend! Might I suggest Perfect World: International as a game to try? It's super fun and great to play.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • questeriusquesterius Posts: 3,598 Arc User
    Sigh, looks like the first thing on the to-do list for this forum is to turn off those d*** signatures again. Don't know how people can read the posts with all that trash mixed in.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Posts: 864 Arc User
    It's strange, I think I'm on the direct vanillaforums link now, much faster and cleaner.

Yes and it does load faster but that is partly because all the data isn't migrated yet.
    [img][/img]hcSfM9O.gif
  • questeriusquesterius Posts: 3,598 Arc User

Over the years, things tended to repeat themselves. Heck, throughout the week and even during the day...things tended to repeat themselves.

So, I can kind of just stare at the wall above the monitors and visualize the conversations without needing to read them...

LOL. But i admit the coffee breaks are a lot shorter now that i don't have something to read/contribute to.

• katamaster81899katamaster81899 Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    THANK YOU ASKRAY!

I've been talking to one of the guys who haunted the Neverwinter forums. The story ain't pretty... Delta Rising level rage from the forumites, and apparently the mods are cranky.

It's pretty bad on there, although not as bad as some people will make it out to be. They f-ed up the game pretty bad in the newest module, and the forums have taken a turn for the worse in the process. People repeatedly break the same rule over and over, and complain when their posts are removed.

The Neverwinter Forum mods aren't that bad, although I've come across quite a few situations where they were a little harsh in their ruling -still, if you follow the rules, and don't complain about moderators, you won't really have issues.

I'm familiar with most of the mod team on NW forums, as two of the three are also moderators in a community that I also moderate in, and they really are good people, it's not their fault that the game is such a trainwreck right now, and people choose to demonstrate their feelings towards the game in an inappropriate manner on the forums

The amount of rage and trolling is unbelievable, just a heads up.

dulopa4e1d9.png
    XB1 Thaumaturge PVE CW Build || NW_Legit_Community Moderator || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T

Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • aloishammeraloishammer Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    thibash wrote: »
    So far I find them horrible to read. Way too much clutter and not enough text. Also, it would be really nice if there was a direct link to the forums on the front page. By the time I'm done navigating through all the links in 'social' my inclination to post is pretty much over.

I can't help but think that's Working As Intended. Right along the same line as why so many grocery stores are laid out so that the things people "just pop in for" most are in the back of the store, thus requiring you to walk past aisles and aisles of other potential purposes.

PW wants people playing all their games, so it's to their benefit to make sure you see as much as possible to tempt you into joining some others.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the bank like a drunken fool.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 5,307 Arc User
    So are the STO forum done cooking does it need to go back in the oven again?
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.
  • rawynnrawynn Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    rawynn wrote: »
    so when are we going to get some info on how to properly post a forum sig.?

For yours, try making the IMG lower-case. See if that helps...

nope didn't work, but thanks...any other ideas?

7GNOisE.gif?1
  • primar13primar13 Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Indeed, but Now this is awesome.

I can see no good reason on God's green earth not to do all further posting like this :D:D:D

I like it...

:trollface:

Directive 010 - Purple Company Commander
    Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • asterelleasterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    I'm guessing the STO forum did not have colored text before?
    asterelle wrote: »

I think it had a limit to what we could use.

Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
    edited June 2015
    Hmm, a test to see whether anything changed after the transition.

EDIT: Nah, what worked works. What didn't work doesn't.

toiva wrote: »

a lot more things are working today compared to Monday...

Quotes within Quotes now Work, The Coloring on a few things are working better.

Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
    primar13 wrote: »
    toiva wrote: »

a lot more things are working today compared to Monday...

Quotes within Quotes now Work, The Coloring on a few things are working better.

Yup, I've noticed about the quotes, but signatures remain very unfunctional and the layout got slightly less intuitive. Hopefully they'll still work on it (as I've hoped after every forum update - without success).

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 5,307 Arc User
    Wow. Went looking for the STO forums, wandered into a back alley production of Fifty Shades of Bland, Boring Grey.

Blech. Just...Blech.

Welcome to 1994
    1994? No that was Newsgroups. There was no technology for this type posting.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.
  • yreodredyreodred Posts: 3,342 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Sigh, looks like the first thing on the to-do list for this forum is to turn off those d*** signatures again. Don't know how people can read the posts with all that trash mixed in.
    Signatures aren't the problem imo. But random "funny" images make text almost unreadable.
    Overall forum structure is just cluttered, confusing and overcharged. Fussy layout so to say.

Time to move on, i guess.

EDIT:
    For me fun of STO always was half game/half forum. Discussing about the game and playing it did belong together for me.
    Now in the last years the game became gradually less fun (removing exploration, changing STF difficulty - making them unattractive for many ppl. and many other "improvements" over the years), leaving the forums the main motivation to stay at all.
    Now this migration makes me think twice about this whole thing...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie
  • rattler2rattler2 Posts: 18,477 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    asterelle wrote: »

@asterelle We did, but if we wanted rainbow color... we had to color each letter individually. We didn't have the gradient rainbow option
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    Taking away the game specific forums for animated gifs feature in a forum that straightforward pushes you away from them isn't price worth of paying.
    I would have liked to see in what condition these were, if the 'Lemmings migration down the cliffs' would have happened when it was 1st announced.
    And can we have Champions Online forums, like soon. You know the 1st born red headed mongrel of a game that came before STO and NW. One with comicbook/superhero theme and most of the population of these forums have never heard of.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    to give you an idea Finn,notice the TWO games listed.
    new%20forums_zpss46cu7b5.png
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

edited June 2015
    ok back to the Mind control exercise.
    no%20ball%20call_zpsu26c8sqa.png

• jamminjimmyjamminjimmy Posts: 73 Arc User
    how much longer till pwi forum gets up and going
    5941165jeLeR.png
    up and working or up and working properly?

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    questerius wrote: »

You read the text above of those d*** signatures. Ofcourse you need to have a sense of noticing when the poster changes.

See, you read the text above THIS text, which is above the d*** signatures.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif