test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Portal-Wide Forum Migration

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Posts: 18,477 Arc User
    Well... maintaining the status quo in regards to who's moderating which community is a step in decreasing the culture shock involved with a forum migration. And I for one am glad we're keeping bluegeek and askray. They know us, and we know them.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Posts: 19,038 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... maintaining the status quo in regards to who's moderating which community is a step in decreasing the culture shock involved with a forum migration. And I for one am glad we're keeping bluegeek and askray. They know us, and we know them.

You keep mentioning a name there...that uh...
  • askrayaskray Posts: 3,308 Community Moderator
    On the not surprising hand, from some of the posts out there so far from various mods for different games show that things are very much not standardized out there - and - well, some folks from the more lightly moderated game forums would be in for a shock.
    Yes there will be a unified rulebook that all forum members will have to follow. What it'll be or how it's written isn't for me to say, but it will be 1 rule set to rule them all so to speak. :smile:
    Senior Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

• gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    ...and in the darkness bind them.

Sorry, it seemed appropriate. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    Well played...
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Posts: 19,038 Arc User
    On the not surprising hand, from some of the posts out there so far from various mods for different games show that things are very much not standardized out there - and - well, some folks from the more lightly moderated game forums would be in for a shock.
    askray wrote: »
    Yes there will be a unified rulebook that all forum members will have to follow. What it'll be or how it's written isn't for me to say, but it will be 1 rule set to rule them all so to speak. :smile:

How it's written? I vote for a quill pen - gold flake ink - on rust colored burlap - with alternating rules done in Latin and Greek - framed with sterling silver behind three inches of plexiglass.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    a few questions:

will i still be the OP of my threads that are imported? or will it be given to 'archived user'
    if so, will i still be able to edit post #1?
    will smarter redirection, like mod_rewrite, be used to redirect people from old vb posts to the new vanilla post?
    I vote for Dinosaur Language on a stone tablet.
    That way people can go insane trying to decipher a cypher language unless they have the cypher, figure out the cypher, or know where to look for said cypher or translater on the web.
  • repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Posts: 2,598 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Cant mouse wheel click and scroll? Anyone else having this issue?

iDhChs7.png
    free jkname.

zsoRuFM.jpg
    Nope. Mouse wheel is functioning normally.
    It is something about your browser and cookies or any plugins you got for said browser?
    edited June 2015
    I can mouse wheel click on the black arc parts at the top and bottom of the page, but not the grey forum part in the middle.

ETA- the problem is solved by accessing the forums directly though the vanillaforums.com links, instead of in the ARC page.

Much cleaner and more functional without the arc clutter and janky coding.
    free jkname.

zsoRuFM.jpg
    Works for me... *shrug*
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Posts: 246 Arc User
    it didnt work for me earlier when i first signed in. the grey area was truncated, as if in a div with hidden overflow, and there were no scrollbars to use either. the old mouse middle-click trick didnt work then either.
    They should stick up a temporary forum for each of their games until they get the real stuff migrated over.
    free jkname.

zsoRuFM.jpg
    Well... we got a couple threads over in the suggestion area already. The STO Forum Regulars are making their presence known for sure.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Posts: 698 Arc User
    It's strange, I think I'm on the direct vanillaforums link now, much faster and cleaner.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
    Yea... it is. I've noticed as well after firefox had trouble through Arc. Reloaded through my history, and it went to the direct vanillaforums link.
    yeah trying to use it through the arc domain is pretty obnoxious compared to on its real domain.

perfectworld.vanillaforums.com is the way to go
    free jkname.

zsoRuFM.jpg
    edited June 2015
    I've also noticed that opening a sub forum in a new tab goes to the direct link anyway, so the whole Arc overlay/domain is pointless and annoying.

Though generally I find this shoving Arc into our faces very annoying anyhow.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
    Meh... I only have Arc for giveaway codes anyways. I be Steam Powered. :p
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Meh... I only have Arc for giveaway codes anyways. I be Steam Powered. :p

I prefer using the launcher directly.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
    Well... I may go through Steam, but it still brings up the STO launcher. lol
    The only game I have through steam that pulls up something else is Defiance. Start that up, Glyph starts up as the Defiance launcher. I ain't mad though.

Now if only I knew how to get a working Steam Overlay on Blizzard games like Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone...
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *wakes up to a new scary world*
    Whaaa? I need coffee before I can deal with new things!!!

And where's my signature? *grumbles*

edit: nvm there it is.
    server_hamster6.png
  • ilhanskilhansk Posts: 642 Arc User
    This forum reminds me of 1996 Geocity Homepage websites... :/
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 1,759 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Testing av, and where are you guys finding where to put your signature? I've been all through the settings and can't find it.

EDIT: NVM, I found it. Seems odd to lock all those settings behind "you have to make a post first", but I suppose I should be used to PW (and frankly, MMO boards in general) having archaic, poorly set up forums by now. :(
    'Dec out

z1pvRGRx.png
    Testing av, and where are you guys finding where to put your signature? I've been all through the settings and can't find it.

EDIT: NVM, I found it. Seems odd to lock all those settings behind "you have to make a post first", but I suppose I should be used to PW (and frankly, MMO boards in general) having archaic, poorly set up forums by now. :(

Sounds like PW alright, also, -if- you are looking to center your signature, the given
    does not work, use < center > (without spaces) instead.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • jivedutchjivedutch Posts: 315 Arc User
    Migration requires data movement, compiling it into readable formats, adjusting flux capacitors, restructuring the old data hierarchy for forums into the new Vanilla ARC forums.. a bunch of wibbly wobbly forum worum stuff.

Too bad a read only Quantum Copy could not be created with a Tachyon Formversion array ... now we have nothing to fill our void .....
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Posts: 1,730 Arc User
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    Waiting for the drama, comedy, and adventure that is the STO forums!

LOL... I am glad to see that forums are still not entirely different milieu... same shit different location. NOW... it is the same shit same location.

Let the Flames start burning.
    Atwil (TR) \ Corvus Corax (GF) \ O'siris (CW) \ Sirius (HR) -- Civil Anarchy

Love PvP, but hate the pain associated with it? Send me a PM for a solution... the OfficialPuGPvP channel is LIVE.

If you throw a big rock into a pond the ripples have an effect on everything in the water. If you throw a little rock into a pond... there is very little disruption from the ripples.
  • jivedutchjivedutch Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    Waiting for the drama, comedy, and adventure that is the STO forums!

LOL... I am glad to see that forums are still not entirely different milieu... same shit different location. NOW... it is the same shit same location.

Let the Flames start burning.

There ya go ...
    YgceFa5istesE.gif
  • lan451lan451 Posts: 3,257 Arc User
    Not being able to read the absurdity that is the STO forums with my morning coffee is my First World Problem for the day.
    JWZrsUV.jpg