test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Portal-Wide Forum Migration

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 5,307 Arc User
    Here is the cutest R2D2 ever!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am a bit disappointed that I can't upload a sig picture. I guess I should get a photobucket account if it's important. Hmmm. I guess it's not THAT important.

So what about forum titles?
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• rattler2rattler2 Posts: 18,477 Arc User
    Photobucket, DeviantArt, Dropbox...
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 6 Arc User
    YouTube embeds? Oh, man, if we get Vine and Twitter, too, the CO Off Topic topic may get a little weird. Weirder. OK, it was window-licking madness to begin with, I'm not so sure it can get weirder.

(Just testing my sig, BTW. You can go about your business. Don't mind me.)
    op6on.png
    KWRussell // PRIMUS // Twitter // Spotify
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 5,307 Arc User
    Think I've had enough new forums horseplay for one day.
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled internet.
    YouTube embeds? Oh, man, if we get Vine and Twitter, too, the CO Off Topic topic may get a little weird. Weirder. OK, it was window-licking madness to begin with, I'm not so sure it can get weirder.

(Just testing my sig, BTW. You can go about your business. Don't mind me.)

Madness? You ain't seen nothin' until you've seen STO's Ban Thread. :D
    We all here 'cuz we're not all there tonight!
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Photobucket, DeviantArt, Dropbox...

Thanks for the reply. I might bother to open an account to upload one picture.

giphy.gif

• velquavelqua Posts: 530 Arc User
    Does anyone know how to get the signatures working on here?
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    You're welcome.
  • thibashthibash Posts: 380 Arc User
    So far I find them horrible to read. Way too much clutter and not enough text. Also, it would be really nice if there was a direct link to the forums on the front page. By the time I'm done navigating through all the links in 'social' my inclination to post is pretty much over.
    Vanilla is the blandest of ice cream flavours...
  • gulberatgulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    thibash wrote: »
    So far I find them horrible to read. Way too much clutter and not enough text. Also, it would be really nice if there was a direct link to the forums on the front page. By the time I'm done navigating through all the links in 'social' my inclination to post is pretty much over.

You may want to bookmark a direct link to the forums; that would help. I use http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    Yea... getting to the forums is pretty clunky. I'd suggest just bookmarking the forum page in your web browser for easy access.
    Maybe photobucket isn't the way. Hmmmm
    giphy.gif

• thibashthibash Posts: 380 Arc User
    Good suggestion. But for the site itself, they may still want to change it.

Also, is there a way to disable signature images from other people? It wasn't as bad on VBulletin, but here it makes things a pain to read.

Same goes for those Youtube embeds by the way.
    Vanilla is the blandest of ice cream flavours...
    rickpaaa wrote: »

I use Photobucket, but another useful site is Tinypic, which does not require an account.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    Yea... in my limited experience Photobucket is kinda touchy. Try Dropbox. Best part is you don't have to share anything unless you link it. Kinda like cloud storage, and all you have to do to upload onto Dropbox is copy or move the file you want into the Dropbox folder. It automatically syncs up any additions. DevArt... you can get an account for free, but everyone could see what you post, even if you post it in Scraps. Although Scraps aren't front page stuff and not readable visible on a profile page. *shrug*
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Posts: 5,398 Arc User
    I am not a fan of these forums yet, guess they wouldn't be so big if they sucked, so probably something on the Arc side
  • virusdancervirusdancer Posts: 19,038 Arc User
    thibash wrote: »
    Good suggestion. But for the site itself, they may still want to change it.

Also, is there a way to disable signature images from other people? It wasn't as bad on VBulletin, but here it makes things a pain to read.

Same goes for those Youtube embeds by the way.

If you go to: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile
    Click on the Preferences button in the upper right hand corner.
    Click on Signature Settings on the left.
    You can hide signature images (and even signatures themselves).

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything to disable any of the inline stuff...meh.
    I am not a fan of these forums yet, guess they wouldn't be so big if they sucked, so probably something on the Arc side

We haz youtube inserts.
    And free reign to post pics in any thread so far.

I admit its gonna take some getting used to, but I'm liking the ability to flag posts for mods instead of having to PM them. Who knows. Maybe the weekends won't be so safe for flamebait threads anymore.
  • askrayaskray Posts: 3,308 Community Moderator

We haz youtube inserts.
    And free reign to post pics in any thread so far.

I admit its gonna take some getting used to, but I'm liking the ability to flag posts for mods instead of having to PM them. Who knows. Maybe the weekends won't be so safe for flamebait threads anymore.
    Yeah...you keep dreaming that lol :tongue:
    Senior Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

I'm also under the impression that mods would be allowed to discipline each other's communities, though I'm not really sure about that.

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Posts: 555 Arc User
    You could also try imgur - very easy to use, no account needed.
    "My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."
    gnmIUhe.jpg
    "She may have flaws, but she has teeth."
    I hope not. I mean I can understand having them poke in every once in a while to cover if necessary, but we STO Forumites have a bit of an understanding with bluegeek and askray. They know how we operate and even join in on our shenanigans. We get some outside Mod coming in, they might think we're insane and ban us all!
    gulberat wrote: »

I'm also under the impression that mods would be allowed to discipline each other's communities, though I'm not really sure about that.
    As far as I know, and the quick discussion I've had today with Trendy, no. STO mods are STO mods, NW mods are NW mods and so fourth.

Right now you just have us all in here, staring and watching over you all...

LIKE HAWKS! without power lol :tongue:
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
    If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

THANK YOU ASKRAY!

I've been talking to one of the guys who haunted the Neverwinter forums. The story ain't pretty... Delta Rising level rage from the forumites, and apparently the mods are cranky.
    edited June 2015
    Alright. Photobucket is a web hazard to be avoided at all costs. No signature is worth THAT! I mean, Photobucket has spam, is spam, and it wants to invade your space like cyber Ebola.
    giphy.gif

Like I said. Dropbox or DeviantArt. They work.
    THANK YOU ASKRAY!

I've been talking to one of the guys who haunted the Neverwinter forums. The story ain't pretty... Delta Rising level rage from the forumites, and apparently the mods are cranky.
    Meh mods are human too. We all get cranky :smile:
    Alright. Photobucket is a web hazard to be avoided at all costs. No signature is worth THAT!
    I personally use imgur for most of my image hosting that doesn't need to be on my server. That should work! :smile:

Alright. Photobucket is a web hazard to be avoided at all costs. No signature is worth THAT!

This site is fairly hassle-free: http://tinypic.com/

• virusdancervirusdancer Posts: 19,038 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    askray wrote: »
    As far as I know, and the quick discussion I've had today with Trendy, no. STO mods are STO mods, NW mods are NW mods and so fourth.

Right now you just have us all in here, staring and watching over you all...

LIKE HAWKS! without power lol :tongue:

That's kind of surprising, actually. Well, on one hand it is - on another, not so much.

On the surprising hand, it's kind of surprising because having more mods out and about would help standardize things while providing for potential coverage of various gaps.

On the not surprising hand, from some of the posts out there so far from various mods for different games show that things are very much not standardized out there - and - well, some folks from the more lightly moderated game forums would be in for a shock.